This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• I think the terrorist group ISIS sharing the same name with the secret agency in Archer is REALLY funny. I should feel bad, but it makes me giggle.
  • Axel said:

Bad syntax. Makes me angry. Joke failed.

Don't worry they commented it out.
  • Wyatt said:

I think the terrorist group ISIS sharing the same name with the secret agency in Archer is REALLY funny. I should feel bad, but it makes me giggle.

I had the same reaction.
  • Greg said:

Wyatt said:

I think the terrorist group ISIS sharing the same name with the secret agency in Archer is REALLY funny. I should feel bad, but it makes me giggle.

I had the same reaction.
    Yup.
  • I have spent the last hour trying to remember what the word is in game theory for a decision making model, it not a stratagem... I have tried Google, Wikipedia, dictionaries an thesauri and I still can't remember, I will hate myself when I remember.
  • In what context? Heuristic is the word that popped in my head, but um... you could mean a couple things by just that?
  • Bad syntax? The entire thing is commented out!

• Such an epic, epic fail.
  • In what context? Heuristic is the word that popped in my head, but um... you could mean a couple things by just that?

Heuristic!!!!! Thank god that was driving me nuts!
  • Car thieves attempt to steal a stick shift. Hijinks ensue.
  • Daikun said:
    She IS right that Americans don't give a fuck about soccer though. The only people I've heard mention the world cup (or even mention soccer at all except for parents of young girls) have green cards.
  • A lot of my friends have been mentioning the football recently, but I went to a bleeding-heart liberal university full of international students in the middle of New York.
  • I accidentally let my computer download Win 8.1 after it kept bugging me.

NEVER do that.
  • SWATrous said:

I accidentally let my computer download Win 8.1 after it kept bugging me.

NEVER do that.

Never again.
  • SWATrous said:

I accidentally let my computer download Win 8.1 after it kept bugging me.

NEVER do that.

I don't follow, did you update from Windows 7 or is there a significant detriment added between Windows 8 and 8.1?
  • I was on 8.0

8.1 apparently isn't supported by a few programs, programs I need at least like Autodesk Inventor 2012 or autocad, some games broke... plus it's not improved. I prefer the 8.0 arrangement having gotten used to it.
  • I'm looking at the D&D 5th ed stuff, and I don't hate it. It's got some stuff I like on those character sheets. That's not the Fail.

The Fail is the suggested retail of the Core books. It'll be 150$ for the PHB, DMG, and MM. I can afford that now, but I couldn't afford that back in High School.

IMO: They should drown the price of the core books to a more reachable price and sell the extra stuff at a slightly higher rate. Want the Ninja's Handbook? That'll be 3 kidneys.
  • SWATrous said:

I was on 8.0

8.1 apparently isn't supported by a few programs, programs I need at least like Autodesk Inventor 2012 or autocad, some games broke... plus it's not improved. I prefer the 8.0 arrangement having gotten used to it.

Well, since most people don't use Autodesk software, and since 8.1 brings the features people have been bitching about most, I wouldn't say that they should never do that. It sounds like you got burned by some niche' compatibility issues. Have you checked for patches?
  • Well, since most people don't use Autodesk software, and since 8.1 brings the features people have been bitching about most, I wouldn't say that they should never do that. It sounds like you got burned by some niche' compatibility issues. Have you checked for patches?

Also, Microsoft isn't going to be patching 8.0 going forward after 8.1's release. If you want to stay secure, you have no choice but to go with 8.1.
  • Wyatt said:

I'm looking at the D&D 5th ed stuff, and I don't hate it. It's got some stuff I like on those character sheets. That's not the Fail.

The Fail is the suggested retail of the Core books. It'll be 150$ for the PHB, DMG, and MM. I can afford that now, but I couldn't afford that back in High School.

IMO: They should drown the price of the core books to a more reachable price and sell the extra stuff at a slightly higher rate. Want the Ninja's Handbook? That'll be 3 kidneys.

Does it come with high-quality shiny shit, or are these just the books we're talking? That's pretty damn ridiculous for an RPG.

• Does it come with high-quality shiny shit, or are these just the books we're talking? That's pretty damn ridiculous for an RPG.

This is just the books. Started set with dice and is still $20.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/content.php?1631-Dungeons-Dragons-Starter-Set-Fantasy-Roleplaying-Fundamentals-(D-D-Boxed-Game)-Hits-Amazon!#.U7HVmfmjntI
  • I think traveling to Queens by car has finally become prohibitively expensive. The Verrazano is $15 now. >_<
  • I think people who are interested in legalizing undocumented border crossers should stop using memes with imagery based on Europe and the native populations.

Why? Look how it turned out for the natives. Is that really the example you want to point to when talking about immigration? Those images support the xenophobic view of immigration!
  • So I sprained my ankle really badly while gardening three weeks ago and it was healing rather nicely despite a trip to NYC, being flooded with relaxin, dealing with airports, and a wedding. The bruising was finally gone, the swelling started to go down and I had some range of motion back. Yay, right?

Husband decides this is the perfect time to dive onto the bed headfirst into my healing ankle. I didn't need two working ankles anytime soon right?
  • Wow.

I mean.

I knew a convention organized by hardcore Tumblrites would probably be poor quality but.

WOW.
  • Eryn said:
    UPDATE 7.13.14 @ 3:40PM: Minors were let into the BDSM panel. I received word that a 16 year old went to it and that the people at the door were only checking some IDs

UPDATE 7.13.14 @ 7:47PM: There was apparently a live demonstration at the BDSM panel.

UPDATE 7.13.14 @ 9:50PM: They let minors into the BDSM panel, they had live demonstrations where people literally began to masterbate.

Another post on it.

Also people have been reporting itchiness and bumps in their genitalia so please if you attended the BDSM panel see a doctor immediately.
    NO NO NO NO NOOOO!