This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• Rym said:

Actually...

What would you rather do?

Eat raw bean sprouts on five sandwiches, or heavily lick three balls from the pit on Sunday?

What kind of sandwich?

Define "heavily."

• Are those plastic balls or three balls from three separate guys in the ball pit?
  • I'm pretty sure Amazon is purposefully gimping the shipping times on super saver shipping now.
  • Rym said:

Actually...

What would you rather do?

Eat raw bean sprouts on five sandwiches, or heavily lick three balls from the pit on Sunday?

... I suppose it depends on what you mean by "Heavily". Can I have even an inch of ball unlicked? How thoughly do I have to tongue these balls? Can I just run my tongue over the surface of these balls, or do I really have to get in there and tongue them like my life depends on it?
  • If my life depended on it I'd lick the balls covered in sprouts.

What?
  • Rym, inquiring minds need to know how thoroughly your balls need to be licked.
  • Well now Rym has another reason to make it to PAX Aus.
  • Clearly you didn't get your turn, or else you'd know that's reason enough alone.
  • Oh and also we just repealed our Carbon Tax, and the government just put a bill before parliament that could have journos thrown in jail for reporting on governmental leaks, potentially even if they're not from our government.

• Watafak indeed. That's some crazy shit.
  • Ukraine has released "intercepted" audio of calls from separatists to Russians bragging about shooting down the airliner. They start with, "we shot down a troop transport" then they go into,"can't find any weapons... Woman and children," before ending with blame the victim lines like, "they were spies," and ,"don't they know its a warzone?"
  • HMTKSteve said:

Ukraine has released "intercepted" audio of calls from separatists to Russians bragging about shooting down the airliner. They start with, "we shot down a troop transport" then they go into,"can't find any weapons... Woman and children," before ending with blame the victim lines like, "they were spies," and ,"don't they know its a warzone?"

The Russian soldier who shot down the Korean airliner back in the early 80's said much of the same stuff. It's post-traumatic justification.
  • My musicianship teacher is forcing us to learn how to play a major scale on piano, despite the fact that I have no piano.
  • Greg said:

My musicianship teacher is forcing us to learn how to play a major scale on piano, despite the fact that I have no piano.

Go C major!!

• Sadly, my vocal range is too low to use common C.
  • Had the awkward talk with the guy in stairs. Hopefully he won't play his music loud at night anymore.
  • I am now literally out of Culture stories to read. Forever.
  • Rym said:

I am now literally out of Culture stories to read. Forever.

I'm going to write one for you.
  • Re-reading internet arguments where someone was an idiot. Continued to be an idiot. Checking on them today, still an idiot.
  • Reddit has passed the point of no return in terms of usefulness as a meaningful news aggregator. I guess any place that successfully and helpfully enables research into what's actually going on in the world is eventually going to be gamed to the teeth, but it's depressing. Even more depressing is the number of people who don't seem to realize that this goes on (or are conditioned into believing that it's actually ridiculous to suggest that it might.)

*sigh*
  • I've spent the entire day reviewing over 1000 pages of service treatment records from the military for a veteran and annotating conditions for disability. I felt so accomplished. It was an arduous task.

The veteran submits his own copies of the same service treatment records. Under law, I am obligated to go through all of them and peform the same review and annotations.

o(╥﹏╥)o
  • Whether I slouch or sit up straight, my lower back is super achy despite being on prescription strength naproxen and muscle relaxers and my neck is no better. I hate life.
  • Whether I slouch or sit up straight, my lower back is super achy despite being on prescription strength naproxen and muscle relaxers and my neck is no better. I hate life.

Mine has been doing the same thing this week. We're getting old, man. T_T

• I guess, it is the big 3OLD this year.
  • Ha. I'm pushing 40. Just wait.