This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• edited September 2009
    This is so me it's disturbing.

Post edited by George Patches on
  • This is so me it's disturbing.

*PIC*
    Really? Guys are trying to pick you up on the train becuse of your netbook. I got to get me one one of those. :)
  • Not sure what to make of this:
    All I know is that I want that Ponyo puppet.
    I watched that video four times in a row.
  • edited September 2009
    If you'd like to get it properly suck in your head.

@Churba: Counterfeit Ponyo puppets, can we do it?
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • @Churba: Counterfeit Ponyo puppets, can we do it?
    If either of us could sew worth a damn, then we could have a crack at it.
  • Where the hell does Japan get these sick ideas, the funding, and the go-ahead to make these disgusting and crazy things a reality.
    As Omnutia put it once, Not everyone in japan is weird, most of them are really normal, and only do weird things in their spare time. It's only the crazies that do weird stuff all the time.
  • edited September 2009
    As Omnutia put it once, Not everyone in japan is weird, most of them are really normal, and only do weird things in their spare time. It's only the crazies that do weird stuff all the time.
    Isn't that the way we all are? (^_^)
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • Isn't that the way we all are? (^_^)
    This may be true, but compared to japan, we're strictly the bush league of weird.
  • A rock hit my windshield and created a 8-inch long and spreading crack. Now I have to get the entire windshield replaced. Yay.
  • A rock hit my windshield and created a 8-inch long and spreading crack. Now I have to get the entire windshield replaced. Yay.
    Insurance?
  • I've looked through hundreds of CDs and DVDs to find a single disc that contains a single movie file... but can't find it anywhere! I have another video of the same performance, but the quality is nowhere near as good. This really sucks.
  • I just went to shut down my computer and my shut down button was missing from the start menu. Weird.
  • I just went to shut down my computer and my shut down button was missing from the start menu. Weird.
    "What do you think you're doing Davis.."
  • I've looked through hundreds of CDs and DVDs to find a single disc that contains a single movie file... but can't find it anywhere! I have another video of the same performance, but the quality is nowhere near as good. This really sucks.
    That sucks. I kinda know how you feel -- pretty much all the video of my old band is lost to the ages. In retrospect, though, that may be a good thing.
  • I saw a woman drive across an intersection today while txting on her phone. What goes through people's heads when they do this. "Hmm, I'm entirely too alert while driving my death dealing murder sled, I need something to distract me." They just made this illegal in my state I think less than a month ago. I think automatics should be banned as they encourage this type of lazy driving behavior.
  • That sucks. I kinda know how you feel -- pretty much all the video of my old band is lost to the ages.
    Here's the thing; not all of my stuff is lost to the ages. While I'm looking through these discs, I'm finding the archives of video projects I worked on in 2001, and wav files of the first music tracks I ever did on a computer, back in 1999 (before then I used a Fostex four track SCSI hard drive/mixer setup). I have the discs with the videos from the same show at the same event that I performed at in 2004 and 2006, but not the 2005 video. Generally I'm very good at this kind of stuff.

I might meet someone tonight who has a copy at home and can burn me a new CD with the files.
  • Gaming industry is abuzz with Garnett Lee leaving 1UP for Gamefly. I'm sad because 1UP Yours/Listen UP has always been my favorite gaming audio podcast (favorite podcast overall is 1UP Show/CO-OP), and without him hosting it, I doubt it will ever be worth listening to again. I guess that's just the bad part of industry podcasts, the people who make them eventually split off to other places.
  • So, my 360 sounds like an F14 taxiing when I play ODST. Seems sketchy.
  • edited September 2009
    I have a theoretical fail:
    Not my situation exactly, but close.

On the upside, this situation is making me listen to Leviathan again. I love that album.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • WHEN YOU SEE THE WHITE WHALE
    Oh, hi there me from about a month ago!
  • Oh, hi there me from about a month ago!
    It's only at a theoretical stage right now, the actual event hasn't happened yet, but it may come in the future. It is unfortunately a situation that is quite familiar to me, as well.
  • Oh, hi there me from about a month ago!
    Sup man, gettin' crowded in here.
    edited September 2009
    Oh, hi there me from about a month ago!
    Sup man, gettin' crowded in here.
    REMOVE YOUR FOOT FROM MY MOUTH! I'm just here to eat cake, not cheesecake.
    Post edited by ... on
  • My roommate's cat got attacked and killed by dogs.
    That's bad enough as it is, but apparently these dogs have a history of getting loose in her yard and being violent, and apparently she's talked to the neighbors about their dogs before, and nothing is getting any better. The cat was old, but really healthy for her age, so it's really sad that she was killed like that. My roommate speculates that the cat of her's that went missing earlier this year was attacked and killed by the same neighbor's dogs, because they never found the cat or the body (they apparently called sanitation, searched the neighborhood thoroughly, called animal control... anything and everything they could think of), and the "Lost Cat" posters she put up kept getting torn down.
    Unfortunately, my roommate doesn't feel like she can call animal control about the dogs because she feels the problem is entirely the owner's fault, and thinks the animal justice system would just solve the problem by putting the dogs down rather then relocating them.
  • My roommate's cat got attacked and killed by dogs.
    That's bad enough as it is, but apparently these dogs have a history of getting loose in her yard and being violent, and apparently she's talked to the neighbors about their dogs before, and nothing is getting any better. The cat was old, but really healthy for her age, so it's really sad that she was killed like that. My roommate speculates that the cat of her's that went missing earlier this year was attacked and killed by the same neighbor's dogs, because they never found the cat or the body (they apparently called sanitation, searched the neighborhood thoroughly, called animal control... anything and everything they could think of), and the "Lost Cat" posters she put up kept getting torn down.
    Unfortunately, my roommate doesn't feel like she can call animal control about the dogs because she feels the problem is entirely the owner's fault, and thinks the animal justice system would just solve the problem by putting the dogs down rather then relocating them.
  • edited September 2009
    My roommate's cat got attacked and killed by dogs.
    Call animal control. This time it was a cat. How long before it's a kid?

They probably will may put the dogs down, but they'll also fine the owner. It sucks that animals get punished for people's stupidity. When I worked with the DEC. I saw a lot of dogs trained to fight so their owners didn't have to. It pisses me off still.

EDIT: Talked to an old coworker about this. Call the cops. They won't put the dogs down unless they absolutely have no other choice. They will confront the owner and check to make sure the dogs have all their shots especially rabies. They'll let the owner know to keep the dog in a pen/leash ;or they will be back to fine them and take the dogs away.
    Post edited by Wyatt on
  • Call animal control. This time it was a cat. How long before it's a kid?
    Seriously, I know you don't want to put the poor dogs down, but if they're violent what choice really is there.