This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• My housemate came home, complaining that she's constantly thirsty, and has been for about four days now.

Thinking to suggest she get a blood test for diabetes, I ask her how much water she's drinking.

"Oh, I don't drink water, I don't like it. It has no flavor."

I think I suddenly see what the problem is here.
  • "Oh, I don't drinkwater, I don't like it. It has no flavor."

LOL
  • My housemate came home, complaining that she's constantly thirsty, and has been for about four days now.

Thinking to suggest she get a blood test for diabetes, I ask her how much water she's drinking.

"Oh, I don't drinkwater, I don't like it. It has no flavor."

Wow.....just wow. She must be the most insane, most sadistic, most ignorant, most stupidest person in the world based on your gatherings you have presented here
  • Thinking to suggest she get a blood test for diabetes, I ask her how much water she's drinking.
    Let the diabetic coma come. Worst case scenario, she's only in for a day on an insulin drip.
  • "Oh, I don't drinkwater, I don't like it. It has no flavor."

Tell her to add sugar.
    That's a lot of DF.
    It also didn't help that I was forcing my sleeping pattern back from sleep by day, haunt by night to normal haunt by day, sleep by night. So lack of sleep + coloured smileys moving about = hilarity. Must try again.
  • Thinking to suggest she get a blood test for diabetes, I ask her how much water she's drinking.

"Oh, I don't drink water, I don't like it. It has no flavor."

Add a slice of lemon.
  • She must be the...most sadistic,...most stupidest person in the world based on your gatherings you have presented here
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
  • Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
    Even if it requires massive, massive quantities of stupidity.
    "Oh, I don't drinkwater, I don't like it. It has no flavor."
    Add a slice of lemon.
    Or cucumber. Seriously, cucumber water is nice.
    I dislike drinking water unless it is very, very cold. For some reason, warm water makes me gag. However, recognizing that this is ridiculous, I force myself to drink it anyway and augment it with lemon, cucumber, lots of ice, and iced tea/sugar free lemonade.
  • I'm completely addicted to water. I know that sounds ridiculous. I drink well over a gallon a day, more when it's hot, and if I don't have a sip of water at least every few minutes, I start to feel pretty gross.
  • I'm completely addicted to water. I know that sounds ridiculous. I drink well over a gallon a day, more when it's hot, and if I don't have a sip of water at least every few minutes, I start to feel pretty gross.
    o.O That is a lot of bathroom breaks.
  • I dislike drinking water unless it is very, very cold. For some reason, warm water makes me gag. However, recognizing that this is ridiculous, I force myself to drink it anyway and augment it with lemon, cucumber, lots of ice, and iced tea/sugar free lemonade.
    I'm somewhat the same way. However, if I wanted flavor in my water, I would drink something other than water. I hate how restaurants automatically put lemon in my water.
  • I have suggested some of these previously - She refused them all. The nearest thing she'll drink to water is Cordial, and only if it's really strong - Her tastebuds are pretty shot from smoking enormous amounts since she was about 16 or 17.
  • Or cucumber. Seriously, cucumber water is nice.
    I dislike drinking water unless it is very, very cold. For some reason, warm water makes me gag. However, recognizing that this is ridiculous, I force myself to drink it anyway and augment it with lemon, cucumber, lots of ice, and iced tea/sugar free lemonade.
    Cucumber? Why would I want to put a water flavored vegetable in my water?

And is it warm water you dislike, or just nasty tap water? I understand disliking nasty tap water, yuck. I swear my brita filter is magic, I don't know how it gets all that stuff out of the water.
    I'm completely addicted to water. I know that sounds ridiculous. I drink well over a gallon a day, more when it's hot, and if I don't have a sip of water at least every few minutes, I start to feel pretty gross.
    Are you thristy all the time? Cause that's a sign of the betes, you might wanna have that checked out just to be safe. Actually try to measure how much water you drink in a day, because if it's actually a gallon something could be very wrong with you.
  • Living at high altitudes (>5,000 or so feet) can also produce that, as it's substantially drier up there.
  • Living at high altitudes (>5,000 or so feet) can also produce that, as it's substantially drier up there.
    I drank about the same amount of water when I was out at Longreach for a while, and when I'm out those sort of places, the thirst returns.
  • edited October 2009
    Cucumber? Why would I want to put a water flavored vegetable in my water?
    Don't knock it until you've tried it. Take a few thin slices of cucumber and add them to your glass of cold/ice water.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
    o.O That is a lot of bathroom breaks.
    Not really. If you weren't already drinking this amount in a day and all of a sudden started then yes, you would have to go very often. But eventually your body starts to use the water you put in more economically, provided you're getting daily exercise. It's rather healthy.
  • edited October 2009
    Not really. If you weren't already drinking this amount in a day and all of a sudden started then yes, you would have to go very often. But eventually your body starts to use the water you put in more economically, provided you're getting daily exercise. It's rather healthy.
    You say that with a far bigger bladder (men's bladders are bigger than women's). If I drank over a gallon of water a day, I would never leave the bathroom regardless of activity.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • You say that with a far bigger bladder (men's bladders are bigger than women's). If I drank over a gallon of water a day, I would never leave the bathroom regardless of activity.
    Point.
  • You say that with a far bigger bladder (men's bladders are bigger than women's).
    How much bigger are we talking?
  • I'm pretty sure that both men and women's bladders are the same size and have the same capacity, but because of the uterus, women's bladders have less room to expand, and thus feel pressure sooner.

I'll have to look into this.
  • edited October 2009
    How much bigger are we talking?
    Actually, I'm reading some stuff on Google right now that says that males having a significantly larger bladder size may be a myth. I can't find a reputable source to back up either claim, though.

[Edit]
    I'm pretty sure that both men and women's bladders are the same size and have the same capacity, but because of the uterus, women's bladders have less room to expand, and thus feel pressure sooner.
    That's pretty much what I've been reading.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Yup. As far as I can tell, from my cursory reading of Google, bladder size varies from person to person, but there's no real gender association.
  • You know, this could be a good thing for Kate. Maybe this means she just has a big uterus for baby storing incubation purposes. ^_~
  • Fail of my day: My feet are made of poor circulation and cold, lots of it. I cannot warm them.
  • Fail of my day: My feet are made of poor circulation and cold, lots of it. I cannot warm them.
    I have this problem quite often. My normal quick fix is putting on fuzzy socks fresh from the dryer.
    I have this problem quite often. My normal quick fix is putting on fuzzy socks fresh from the dryer.
    What kind of socks are good for cold? I always end up stretching them so I think much of the heat insulation is lost.
    I wear socks all the time for just this reason.
  • What kind of socks are good for cold? I always end up stretching them so I think much of the heat insulation is lost.
    I enjoy micro fiber socks. I always get them for Christmas as a minor gift, but they end up being the most useful present.