This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• Hipsters(satire).

That should just about cover it.
  • Sail, are you sure that website it satire? If so, it is the epitome of Poe's Law.
  • Sail, are you sure that website it satire? If so, it is the epitome of Poe's Law.
    100%. And yes, it's amazing.
  • *rose petals flutter around Emily* Emily-Sempai...*turns head to the side, face half shadowed* I don't know what to say. *single tear* I..I'll do it. I feel kinda stupid that such motivation could just change my mind just like that...but that's what I needed. *Raises head, two solid streams of tears flowing down. fist clenched infront of chest* I'll do it, regardless of what happens. If I lose and something bad happens because of it, at least I lived my dreams and finally made something or some things that I was proud of. If I get big, hooray for me.

*dramatic turn to face apethetic FRC forumites* To everyone else, *Dramatic bow* I'm sorry I wasted your time with all my moping! *runs off into the distance*
    -stifling laughter- pttthph!!!! ROFLMAO!!! I'm sorry but that just made my fucking day! Thanks Sonic!!
    That was brilliant.
    I seem to be on a roll in terms of creative output.
  • Fail of my day.
    Fox News running a story opposing crazy christian activity? This must be a fail of their day too.
  • The manga exchange reminded me why I love this forum. Hahaha!

Also, hearing Yupa get down in the dumps kinda made me want to work harder towards my goals. It sounds very mean and fucked up when you think about it, but nobody should quit their dream.

...That sounded so shojo. *sigh*
    It's okay. Dreaming is better than what I do, which is just whine about stuff all the time. That pisses off a lot of people, trust me. ^_^

So don't feel bad about it.
    Do you have a goal too? What is it?
    I want...to open a noodle cart!

No, no, just joking. I want to design video games someday, like far too many other people. Which is part of what I whine about.
  • edited October 2009
    Funimation! Your streaming website sucks!!!
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • Major props on the Digimon ref., Axel!
  • I want to design video games someday, like far too many other people.
    Yep, I'm one of those people.
  • No matter what your dream jobs, these aren't things you should aspire to be or do "one day". They are things you could and should be working on right now! I don't know of a single person successful at anything that didn't start practicing as soon as they were bitten by the bug. It'll be ten years before you start making money doing ANYTHING, even if you start working on it now. Any time you put into things other than making games or movies now is a longer wait until you are successful later.
  • No matter what your dream jobs, these aren't things you should aspire to be or do "one day". They are things you could and should be working on right now! I don't know of a single person successful at anything that didn't start practicing as soon as they were bitten by the bug. It'll be ten years before you start making money doing ANYTHING, even if you start working on it now. Any time you put into things other than making games or movies now is a longer wait until you are successful later.
    Well, I can't program at the moment. I intend to start learning when my school year slows down. I'm gonna try and learn some programming language. And I've got tons of game ideas that I'm always trying to refine.
    Major props on the Digimon ref., Axel!
    It just came to me, and it was too easy to pass up.
    How come it says I said this? Seriously Nineless, I think Vanilla is a bit broken.
  • Well, I can't program at the moment. I intend to start learning when my school year slows down. I'm gonna try and learn some programming language. And I've got tons of game ideas that I'm always trying to refine.
    The first game I made was a text-based GTA-esque game for my TI-83+. As such, I would highly recommend trying to make something using a very simple architecture like the TIs have. I recommend it mostly because you can be making programs in hours if you have a general grasp on how programs work. It takes weeks or months to learn and figure out how languages like C/C++ and Java work in practice. The only thing I wouldn't recommend is to do all the programming on your calculator, like I did. It took me the better part of a school year programming during classes to finish that GTA game.
  • Well, I can't program at the moment. I intend to start learning when my school year slows down. I'm gonna try and learn some programming language. And I've got tons of game ideas that I'm always trying to refine.
    The first game I made was a text-based GTA-esque game for my TI-83+. As such, I would highly recommend trying to make something using a very simple architecture like the TIs have. I recommend it mostly because you can be making programs in hours if you have a general grasp on how programs work. It takes weeks or months to learn and figure out how languages like C/C++ and Java work in practice. The only thing I wouldn't recommend is to do all the programming on your calculator, like I did. It took me the better part of a school year programming during classes to finish that GTA game.
    I do have a TI, so I might try that...I'll see what I can do.
    How come it says I said this? Seriously Nineless, I think Vanilla is a bit broken.
    Yeah, I definitely didn't screw that up. I clicked Viga's post...
  • Funimation! Your streaming website sucks!!!
    Yeah, it went down during one of our Anime Club meetings. It came back a minute or two later, though, and we just started where we left off. Not horrible, but annoying. It's the only way we can get some stuff to watch though, so I'm grateful that it exists.
    Yeah, it went down during one of our Anime Club meetings. It came back a minute or two later, though, and we just started where we left off. Not horrible, but annoying. It's the only way we can get some stuff to watch though, so I'm grateful that it exists.
    A lot of the time get "opening connection" for a long time and then "error." If the video actually starts I'm usually good to go.
    A lot of the time get "opening connection" for a long time and then "error." If the video actually starts I'm usually good to go.
    I didn't have that issue...So sorry...
    I wonder if it's a google chrome problem then. I can't imagine it is because it does work eventually.
    I wonder if it's a google chrome problem then. I can't imagine it is because it does work eventually.
    Yeah. Who knows. I know the website has a disclaimer for wonky behavior, so it's probably the website.
    Yeah. Who knows. I know the website has a disclaimer for wonky behavior, so it's probably the website.
    I know I can't really complain too much, it's free. But why can't they just put things on Hulu? Hulu works.
    I know I can't really complain too much, it's free. But why can't they just put things on Hulu? Hulu works.
    Hulu works astonishingly well, but it's sometimes evil with the time delays between new episodes (mostly with House and other Fox shows).
  • Okay, I get quoting one or two previous comments for content, but that pyramid is insane.
  • Okay, I get quoting one or two previous comments for content, but that pyramid is insane.
    Damn you! The Pyramid was almost complete..
  • GeoGeo
    edited October 2009
    Okay, I get quoting one or two previous comments for content, but that pyramid is insane.
    Let us not forget what happened the last time a pyramid went outta control.
    Post edited by Geo on
    Down with the quote pyramids!
  • Yeah, it just became a game for everyone involved. :P
  • Down with the quote pyramids!
    So you ironically quote the pyramid? Nice...
  • How come it says I said this? Seriously Nineless, I think Vanilla is a bit broken.
    By Nine's logic, all it really means is that you are an idiot. Also, your memory lapses make you completely untrustworthy. Aren't snap judgments fun?
    Well, I can't program at the moment. I intend to start learning when my school year slows down. I'm gonna try and learn some programming language. And I've got tons of game ideas that I'm always trying to refine.
    Python's syntax will take you a week at most to learn. I programmed a rudimentary text adventure as my first post-"Hello World!" python project, and I did it in my free time during my school year. Perl is a bit more complex, but is another one of those easy-as-pie scripting languages.

As far as what Luke said, he's more or less completely correct. I'm working on getting all my grades to a 4.0 right now while trying to secure research opportunities and summer school chances (need to keep my chem wits about me). However, than being said, aren't you still in high school? If so, don't panic. Enjoy senior year, learn an easy language to help you gear up for college level comp-sci craziness, and take in the year of carefree living you have left. If I am wrong, I apologize for mistaking your age.