This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Youtube video you have made

Comments

• edited July 2012
    Not hosted on YouTube, but it is a video I have made. It's the pilot of a new film review/analysis show I'm doing. Really would like some feedback on the character so I know if there's anything I should retool before taking the project out of beta.

Café der Pedanterie - Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter and Musings on Badassery
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • There's always this:
    http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/users/GeekNightsRym/uploads?q=pony&orderby=published

I tend to use gdata because I like to centralize all my feeds (or at least as many as possible) into Google Reader anyway.
    Oh wow, I didn't realize there were query options to the gdata api. Time to kick yahoo pipes (I know, I know) to the curb!

• Technically not a video I am helping a buddy of mine with a podcast. Hot of the Record is going to be about music reviews (mainly of the nerd variety but I am trying to open it up some more). Feel free to enjoy the rambling if you wish.
  • Is your cat larger than your child? Goddamn, that's a big cat.
  • edited July 2012
    Rylin weighs 17 pounds. Simon the Puma weighs 22. None of it is fat; he's a big ball of muscle.

Most of the time, Simon is awesome -- except at 2 a.m. when he decides to pounce with all that 22 pounds on my rib cage with a big grin on his stupid, whiskered face.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • You're telling me that thing at :59 isn't a dog?
  • edited July 2012
    Yes, that's a 44-pound labrador/pit bull mix named Macy. We have two dogs, three cats, and hu-mon child.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • edited July 2012
    This thread is now the Rylin thread. And it doesn't bother me one bit. (SO ADORBZ)
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Watch me play paintball for 30 minutes from this past weekend! Filming angle kind of sucks but it's not too bad.
  • Here's a variation of a "counting catches" skit I've performed for jugglers since about 2004, this time at Portland Juggling Convention in 2011.

Maybe I'll dig out the original version, where I juggle 8 balls for "16 catches". I really like the idea of this routine, as half the audience don't work out that I start counting throws and end by counting catches. The other half do realize what I've done, and despite the difficulty of the trick, they boo. It's great! In the 8 ball version, the payoff would be the real 16 catches (and sometimes 10 catches of 10 balls). In the 5 club backcrosses version, if I'm feeling good I'll try the real 10 catches.

On the night of the above renegade show, I got blindingly drunk on stage due to everyone who came on stage having to drink a swig of whiskey, and I drank at the same rate as every act combined. This 5 club routine was at the start of the show, but until I just found this video online (10 months later) I'd forgotten if I actually tried the real 10 catches. I'm glad to see that I managed it!
  • edited July 2012
    This thread reminded me to get a couple videos off of the now defunct Google Video.

Here's one:

The acting is terrible, the story doesn't make sense, but it's kinda funny. Also this was like 6 years ago.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • This one has bunnies AND meerkats. Double-threat.
  • Turned my bedroom into a video production studio complete with green screen to make this video. I think it came out well.

Photos:
  • Good video, Vic. I was thinking of trying something similar with a green screen just for fun. Always looking for media things to toy with.

One small criticism: Your vid only addresses Win7, and it you should probably indicate that somehow.
  • edited August 2012
    It really glitches out when you turn around. What did you edit this with?
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • edited August 2012
    It's not really glitching. What's going on is that my shadow creates a spot on the green screen that's so different from what the chroma key filter has been told is "green" that it doesn't get made transparent. I'm using Sony Vegas.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Don't look down and to the right so much, it is disconcerting. Good video, though.
  • Yeah, I was reading off a script. Gonna move the prompter closer to the camera next time.
  • Don't read off a script. Learn your lines!
  • Better yet, learn your outline and improvise the lines.
  • Better yet, learn your outline and improvise the lines.
    This is my technique for any podcast or panel thing that I do.
  • Yeah, next time.
  • I made a time lapse of a juggling show/fashion show here at the European Juggling Convention:

• A rewrite of this: