This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Youtube video you have made

1151617181921»

Comments

• Apreche said:

Apreche said:

Gonna try using my headphones with the little microphone to get some better audio on there. iPhone video actually impressive when the sun is out. Battery life - abysmal. Took over half my battery to make and upload that video.

You should get a Rode SmartLav+. I use it for all of my videos now and it's great.
    Maybe. I already have a countryman, though...
    Does the Countryman natively work with iPhones, though? Because that's what the SmartLav+ was designed for.
  • Apreche said:

Apreche said:

Gonna try using my headphones with the little microphone to get some better audio on there. iPhone video actually impressive when the sun is out. Battery life - abysmal. Took over half my battery to make and upload that video.

You should get a Rode SmartLav+. I use it for all of my videos now and it's great.
    Does the Countryman natively work with iPhones, though? Because that's what the SmartLav+ was designed for.
    Obviously not.
  • Apreche said:

Apreche said:

Apreche said:

Obviously not.
    *Shrug* I don't know what that mic requires or if you've got adapters and stuff. I've used regular lavs with mobile devices before.
  • Apreche said:

4k really lets you check out the veins in Scott's eyes.
  • Apreche said:

Apreche said:

Apreche said:

Obviously not.
    *Shrug* I don't know what that mic requires or if you've got adapters and stuff. I've used regular lavs with mobile devices before.
    I almost bought it, but we'll have to see about headphone holes on the next iPhone.
  • Ah, yeah. Good to wait, then. Rode might put out something similar if Apple decides to go headphone jack-less.

• On our last drive on unsurfaced roads in Iceland, we remembered to make a timelapse video. This shows the route from the very end of the F235 at Langisjór, back down the F235, a left turn onto the F208, a rest stop at Hólaskjól, and then a drive down into the valley, ending when the GoPro ran out of battery just as we were approaching the 208, the hardtop road that leads up from the 1.

This route was one of the most remote and desolate we drove on in 8 days in Iceland, and on the way up we didn't pass a single other vehicle.

There were 20 stream and river crossings, though most were very small.
  • Did a video drill-pressing a hard drive to death while imitating Slingshot channel guy.
  • the EXCELLENCE class airplane seat

(probably my favourite vlog so far)