This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• Wouldn't it be great if that would actually work?
    I say it should. Anyone claiming to represent this particular god is guilty at best of hearsay.
  • Doesn't matter that much because the measure passed woooo, I got to meet all the LGBT people in hatboro, and they are pretty awesome.... fabulous?
  • I got a new copy of Europa Universalis 3 Complete for $6 on optical media versus $30 on Steam!
  • I got a new copy of Europa Universalis 3 Complete for $6 on optical media versus $30 on Steam!
    yea, occasionally I go for the physical game, where did you get it that game looks pretty cool and I'm in wargame/strategy time right now it seems (while I wait for Civ 5 to get patched)
  • There's a chain called Half-Price Books; the one by my house has all the big Paradox Interactive games for $6-10 each.
  • I got asked at work to write a post for the "Armed With Science" blog about what I do for a living!
  • Floor ticket to this show, GET!
  • There's a chain called Half-Price Books; the one by my house has all the big Paradox Interactive games for $6-10 each.
    It's too bad that all of them in Illinois are up in the Chicagoland area. I bet one in Champaign-Urbana would go over like gangbusters.
  • My hair is now chest length.
  • I made it to work safely! The roads aren't as bad.

Extra boo-yah: I didn't think I was getting Black Friday off, but I am! Woohoo! 4 Day weekend. =D
  • I bet one in Champaign-Urbana would go over like gangbusters.
    That would destroy my income.
  • I bet one in Champaign-Urbana would go over like gangbusters.
    That woulddestroymy income.
    I hear you. The two in Columbus, OH ate a large chunk of my entertainment budget when I was living out there.
  • Just got an HTC Incredible. Considering my phone up until an hour ago was a Motorola RAZR, I'd say this is a boo-yah. Also, getting the upgrade for free!
  • I just passed my last exam to get my Bachelor of Informatics!
  • I just passed my last exam to get my Bachelor of Informatics!
  • There are now a grand total of five pies, all of different flavors in my house right now. These next fews days are going to end in a glorious mistake.
  • There are now a grand total of five pies, all of different flavors in my house right now. These next fews days are going to end in a glorious mistake.
    What manner of pie have you got? I got apple, blueberry, cherry, pumpkin, and fruity surprise (pumpkin, passion fruit and something else I can't remember).
  • Apple, pecan, blueberry, pumpkin, cherry. Next runner up is the leftover sweet potato pie, but I hardly count that as a dessert
  • We have three kinds of pie: Apple, sweet potato, and pumpkin.

BooYah: I just heard my brother say "Woot" after getting a ton of points in Lego Star Wars.

Honestly, I don't know where he gets this stuff, but I love him for it.
  • 3 7's (7-point scale) for my courses this semester.
  • 3 7's (7-point scale) for my courses this semester.
    Sounds like IB.
  • Nah, that's just the system The University of Queensland has.
    It should've been four courses though; I need to get a thesis topic.
  • We've had to put together a business plan as a thought experiment for one of my classes this term. The professor's been hinting all semester that he's going to show the ones he thinks are viable to people with lots of money. He's also been dropping hints that my group's was one of those (he's not saying outright until Thursday). So we might be getting a small fraction of that lots of money to make a thing happen.
  • Possibly building a website for a local metal concert venue soon.
  • Family gets to keep the house. I may still have to start drinking heavily, however.
  • so, I bought myself some speech recognition software. This is the first post that I'm writing using the software, but I hope to be able to use it a lot more in the future that things like this. I often want to write long post about complex topics but don't want to spend the time writing, learning how to touch type, because I'm too lazy.

This is a test to see if this works well with the forum, there's no reason why it shouldn't, but this text is purely the way I'm speaking normally with no error correction at all. It seems to work alright, don't you think?

I think I'll have to train myself to speak just how I normally write, or maybe my writing style will become less formal. Either way, it should be a lot of fun!
  • Looks fine to me. What software are you using?
  • The software I'm using is called Dragon for Mac. I'm trying it out now with music playing in the background, and it seems to work just as well. Almost just as well. Some things like when I say “on" at the beginning of a sentence, it thinks is just a sound, like part of the music. But generally it works perfectly so far, and am really impressed by it.

It cost quite a bit, but I think it is going to pay itself off in the long-term no problem at all. See, I just read all of that, and it hardly took any time at all.