This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• Love is getting a headshot on your enemy from halfway across the map with an AK-47 with a reflex sight.
  • Love is getting a headshot on your enemy from halfway across the map with an AK-47 with a reflex sight.
    And then getting kicked for "obvious cheating..."
  • edited December 2010
    Love is getting a headshot on your enemy from halfway across the map with an AK-47 with a reflex sight.
    And then getting kicked for "obvious cheating..."
    Single player game.

Edit: And I don't think that subtracts from the boo-yah because the AI in Goldeneye shows a lot more self-preservation than me. Maybe I should play 007 Classic mode...
    Post edited by Jack Draigo on
  • For the first time in over a year, all 10 stocks I own are worth more than the day I bought them. Take-Two Interactive was holding up the boat for a long time.
  • After much dicking around on the government's part, they finally got around to giving me my Pell Grant and now I've got more that $100 to my name.
  • edited December 2010
    Canon 60D. I do a lot of video work, and it is the first DSLR with both 1080 HD video and an articulated screen. It is certainly still an amateur camera, not professional equipment, but it is certainly the step up that I need.
    I'm planning on starting DSLR work later this month. I'm thinking about getting a Lumix Micro 4/3 camera if my shots show some promise.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • My local bookshop, which I think I've mentioned on the forum a few times before, has made the Lonely Planet's Top 10 list of all bookshops in the world. When I'm in Berlin, I hang out there on a weekly basis, and have done for fives years now. I'm quite proud of Sophie and all the volunteers who run the place.
  • After two months of work, our dev team has hit ALPHA!

I'm super excited that we finally have something to show for our efforts (and that the bosses can stop pestering us now that they have something to show investors).

Much champagne was imbibed.
  • After two months of work, our dev team has hit ALPHA!

I'm super excited that we finally have something to show for our efforts (and that the bosses can stop pestering us now that they have something to show investors).

Much champagne was imbibed.
    *cheer!*
  • Working on a song that samples the student council's theme from Revolutionary Girl Utena, and it's sounding pretty good so far!
  • Sounds good Sail!

WIN!: I just beat Reccetear! 500,000pix and now I'm free! Huzzah!
  • Setting your co-worker up to say "Sometimes the holes are tight so you gotta really push it in there" just so I can say "Bow Chicka Bow Wow": Priceless.
  • edited December 2010
    WIN!: I just beat Reccetear! 500,000pix and now I'm free! Huzzah!
    New+ and Survival mode? It was nice knowing you.
  • WIN!: I just beat Reccetear! 500,000pix and now I'm free! Huzzah!
    Yeeaahh... I've already got 25+ hours clocked on this game...

WIN: My sister and I built a Blanket fort in our living room!
  • Crackly but delectably awesome.
  • Mom and Dad took the accident pretty well. Contacted the insurance company. An appraiser will be coming on Monday to assess the damages to my car.

Parents took us grocery shopping on the military base and now we have groceries to last us a month or so. Very happy.
  • Browsing through the local second hand bookstore, I found a hardcover copy of the first book of the Prince of Nothing Series - for three bucks, in excellent condition.

That fort is awesome, just don't go mainstream!
  • For the second time in the months I've owned my rice cooker I've made rice perfectly. It's hard to eyeball the water:rice ratio correctly.

you forget to mention that i build the awsome supports and planned a good chunk of it! And kicked your "blanket fort making" ass in doing so because my blanket fort making skills have proven to be far superior!
  • It's hard to eyeball the water:rice ratio correctly.
    Isn't it just 1.5:1?
  • It's hard to eyeball the water:rice ratio correctly.
    Isn't it just 1.5:1?
    Depends on the rice, but usually, yeah. But I can't be assed with measuring things out so I usually end up putting in too much water.

Hustled three people at pool whilst drunk, which is only really remarkable because I'm god awful at pool. Made enough to cover my tab so I'm happy.
  • Just bought bananagrams.
  • For the second time in the months I've owned my rice cooker I've made rice perfectly. It's hard to eyeball the water:rice ratio correctly.
    I use a plunger style measuring device so it's no trouble to measure out the ratios. My problem comes when I use the 2 cup one and fill it to the top when I only wanted 1 cup of rice. >_
  • Just bought bananagrams.
    along with him i bought Donky Kong Janga.
  • edited December 2010
    Just bought bananagrams.
    along with him i bought Donky Kong Janga.
    I had a lot of trouble with my Donkey Kong Jenga set and wound up trading it away on BGG. As a Jenga set, it's totally bad ass, but they added in that new mode where you've got to inset the plastic mario pegs inside the ends of the Jenga pieces and climb the tower. It totally didn't work because not all of the holes they bored out where large enough. We never got to the end of the game because someone would inevitably try to insert their mario and knock down the whole tower, but it wasn't their fault they chose one of the defective bricks.

That being said, if you just want it to play Jenga, it still works. I already had an awesome dark wood retro Jenga set, so off it went.
    Post edited by Matt on
  • edited December 2010
    GOT CHOSEN FOR iGEM TEAM INTERVIEWS.

I am now extremely excited/so nervous I want to throw up.
  • I am now extremely excited/so nervous I want to throw up.
    Just think of the deadly creations you can make with the gympie gympie. Actually, that probably won't help.
  • I am now extremely excited/so nervous I want to throw up.
    Just think of the deadly creations you can make with the gympie gympie. Actually, that probably won't help.
    Actually, half of the interview is about topics in synthetic biology. Part of what I want to discuss is "raft factories" that scrub CO2 out of the atmosphere and convert it into useful products in modified algal rafts, creating pools of high-concentration ethanol, esters, and glass (by way of silica oxidization and the conversion of free carbons into glucose). The gympie-gympie's genetics figure heavily into the last idea.