This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• Today I got accepted to my first choice college, Tufts. Boo yah!
    Good for you!
  • Yay! Latest company release just went live. Finally I can have a full weekend off ^_^
  • Got some refurbished Razer headphones on a Woot-off deal (http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.169415800/categoryId.35096300) and they just came in. I haven't been PC gaming in a long, long time, so I've never owned a really nice headset/mic combo. I'm very impressed! These things are so damn comfortable on my head. Going to test out the audio quality on a skype call later.
  • Due to the nature of my comic, I'm now updating on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday! More content, and I still have a buffer! Wooooo.
    Also, Minecraft comic about my fire I started will be going up next week, tentatively called "let the Minecrafter Burn." It even starts with "I am totally dirt blocks for Minecraft." If you're curious, and can't wait a week you can peek because you guys are cool. I think it's my best comic yet.

Side note: I didn't link to the FRC Forums this time. I figured the community didn't want any dickwad internet floodgates opened up to the server.
  • Secret Santa present done! I cannot wait to blog about it, but not until after it arrives to the Secret Santee. Priority Mail Monday.
  • Secret Santa present done! I cannot wait to blog about it, but not until after it arrives to the Secret Santee. Priority Mail Monday.
    Make sure to link to the blog post, I'm curious.
  • Last night I decided to re-box Small World and Last Night on Earth because:
    • I have several expansions for both
    • I am very quickly running out of room in my game closet
    • I am running both of them at an upcoming NerdNYC Recess, so they need to be easily transportable
    It went much better than I thought. After removing the plastic inserts and putting in all of the big components, I just had to pick the appropriate shape containers to hold all of the loose tokens and bits. The goal was to obviously fit into the available space, but also to fill it almost entirely so that there was no free space for parts to fly around in the box during transit. Nothing a short trip to the craft store couldn't fix.
  • edited December 2010
    My Dad and I have a "date" to see the new Narnia movie, and my Mom and I have a "date" to see the Dr. Who Christmas Special. I love my geeky family. ^_^
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • Ph.D Application: Submitted.
  • Got my PS3 controller set up on the PC
  • Today I got accepted to my first choice college, Tufts. Boo yah!
    Are you new to the boston area? I don't know the Tufts part of the town so well, but I know most of the good parts in the rest of the city, and some in Providence.
  • I just registered for the Video Game Voters Network. here was my comments to thoes who have been whining about games for so many years:
    "i am a 21 year old female. I am studying business management for my major and Creative writing as my minor at a California State University. i own my own two businesses and work as an administrative secretary. In my spare time i enjoy volunteering , playing with my little brother, writing poetry (for which i have been published 5 times) and sharing in the thrilling adventures of Jonathon Swift and John Dryden and Sam Fisher. That's right SAM FISHER as in TOM CLANCY'S SPLINTER CELL SAM FISHER. i am a well educated young entrepreneur and when i'm not studying or working there is nothing i like more than to put in a CD and play out a full blow government espionage game with terrorists and guns and bad guys trying to kill me by shooting me down in cold blood. GAMES ROCK!!

you can not and will not censor the people anymore. we are not blind, deaf or dumb and we will not simply turn around and drop our pants for the government or some pansy organization who thinks they need to come in and tell us what to do because we cant do it ourselves to come and rape us of our rights. people died for us to have the right to say and do what we want. so until you can prove that more than 50% of people who play video games are getting noticeably stupid to the point where they can not function in society or are becoming so violent that they are taking up massive firearms and going on killing sprees: KEEP OFF OUR GAMES AND STOP INSULTING AND SHITTING ON THE GRAVES THE PEOPLE WHO DIED TO GIVE US OUR FREEDOM. these are harmless games and we enjoy them. so put on your grown up underwear deal with it. "

Owned.
  • edited December 2010
    "I am a 21 year old female. I am studying business management for my major and Creative writing as my minor at a California State University. I own my own two businesses and work as an administrative secretary. In my spare time I enjoy volunteering, playing with my little brother, writing poetry (for which I have been published 5 times) and sharing in the thrilling adventures of Jonathon Swift, and John Dryden, and Sam Fisher. That's right SAM FISHER. As in "Tom Clancy's 'Splinter Cell'" Sam Fisher. I am a well educated young entrepreneur and, when I'm not studying or working, there is nothing I like more than to put in a CD and play out a full blow government espionage game with terrorists, guns, and bad guys trying to kill me by shooting me down in cold blood. GAMES ROCK!!

You can not and will not censor the people anymore. We are not blind, deaf, or dumb and we will not simply turn around and drop our pants for the government or some pansy organization who thinks they need to come in and tell us what to do because we cant do it ourselves to come and rape us of our rights. people died for us to have the right to say and do what we want.Oh I give up... so until you can prove that more than 50% of people who play video games are getting noticeably stupid to the point where they can not function in society or are becoming so violent that they are taking up massive firearms and going on killing sprees: KEEP OFF OUR GAMES AND STOP INSULTING AND SHITTING ON THE GRAVES THE PEOPLE WHO DIED TO GIVE US OUR FREEDOM. these are harmless games and we enjoy them. so put on your grown up underwear deal with it. "
    Sister, I am disappoint. If Mr. Period was still around, that post would be redder than Nixon during a television interview.

You need to take some English classes. If nothing else, you need to learn to capitalize properly. When you want to convey emphasis, don't needlessly capitalize, use an exclamation mark. And don't forget that run on sentences are hard to read because they very quickly jumble up one idea with the next and that makes it hard for the reader to focus on what exactly is the idea that you want to convey.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Got my PS3 controller set up on the PC
    How's it working? I've been thinking of the same thing but PS3 controllers are crazy expensive. You got rumble and everything?
  • grammar police
    Lay off her. She just blasted the likes of Jack Thompson in a manner most pleasing to myself and I'm sure others on the forum, so I'm sure that'll make up for her lack of style.
  • edited December 2010
    Grammar police, arrest this girl, her lack of punctuation, is making me feel ill, and we have crashed her party.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Are you new to the boston area? I don't know the Tufts part of the town so well, but I know most of the good parts in the rest of the city, and some in Providence.
    I'm from Central New Jersey, so I barely know the Boston area. My understanding is that Tuft's campus is a bit outside the city, and one must take the T a few stops to get into Boston itself. If I'm already riding the subway, it is probably pretty easy to get to most cool places.
  • Grammar police, arrest this girl, her lack of punctuation, is making me feel ill, and we have crashed her party.
    You will get red text if you mess with us.
  • edited December 2010
    Sister, I am disappointed. If Mr. Period was still around, that post would be redder than Nixon during a television interview.

In my opinon, you need to take some English classes. If nothing else, you need to learn to capitalise properly. When you want to convey emphasis, don't needlessly capitalise capitalise needlessly, use an exclamation mark. And don't forget, run on sentences are hard to read. They very quickly jumble up one idea with the next, and that makes it hard for the reader to focus on what exactly is the idea that you want to convey.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Despite the inequalities of the world, Life is better now across the board.
  • That's like saying something is legal in Russia.
  • Despite the inequalities of the world, Life is better now across the board.
    That's pretty cool, though it seems like the Netherlands is basically the best place to live, at any time period. Also, statistical analysis is sexy.
  • "Capitalize" is an accepted English spelling in the U.S.A./pedantic
    Yes, and in Montana and North Carolina, Bestiality is legal, but that doesn't make it a good idea.
  • Yes, and in Montana and North Carolina, Bestiality is legal...
    The book or the movie?
  • The book or the movie?
    That depends. In which one do you fuck a horse?
  • Yes, and in Montana and North Carolina, Bestiality is legal, but that doesn't make it a good idea.
    You're just jealous because we use "z" more often than anyone else. Fuck yeah "z!"
  • I would love to see how you are going to prove that assertion.
  • Yes, and in Montana and North Carolina, Bestiality is legal, but that doesn't make it a good idea.
    You're just jealous because we use "z" more often than anyone else. Fuck yeah "z!"
    Maybe I'm weird but I prefer the -ize ending to -ise. I twitch every time I see someone use -ise.
  • edited December 2010
    I would love to see how you are going to prove that assertion.
    With ZAZZ!

EDIT: That's right. Writhe in jealousy!
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on