This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• For the first time ever, I have assembled a computer successfully from parts I ordered.
    Boo-Fucking-Yah.
    Incidentally, the noises that the processor clip makes and the fan clamps make during hardware instillation are horrifying.
  • Incidentally, the noises that the processor clip makes and the fan clamps make during hardware instillation are horrifying.
    I feel like I should make a Youtube video explaining that this specific cracking noise that Intel based CPUs make when they're installed is perfectly fine. It startled me the first time I installed one.
  • edited December 2010
    Yep. There is actually no insertion force on modern socket clamps, but the force it takes to lock a processor into the board is so great anyway that it feels like your $300 square inch of silicon is just going to explode anyway. And then, if you're really unlucky (like I was), your motherboard is subtly DOA, so you'll have to strip down the rig, find a place to store your precious CPU, and send the mobo back after a RAM slot failure fucks your entire rig. [Ninja'd]

Booh-yah: I just started my cooking process for this week's food. Gado-gado curry beef. I'm thawing two pounds of beef short ribs and two pounds of vegetables right now. The beef is going to marinade in a mix of olive, vegetable, and sesame oil with red pepper flakes, Chinese FSP, and adobo before hitting the pan. Good. Lord.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Today I realized that I can tie a tie without looking it up on Youtube. :D
  • Adam made an awesome box with a picture window that acts as a portal into the collective knowledge of man. It seems to make a strange noise, perhaps the fairies he has running it are fluttering their little wings off.
  • Today I realized that I can tie a tie without looking it up on Youtube. :D
    Son, today you are a man.
  • edited December 2010
    Today I realized that I can tie a tie without looking it up on Youtube. :D
    Son, today you are a man.
    Does he have a beard? If not, he is not a man.
  • Adam made an awesome box with a picture window that acts as a portal into the collective knowledge of man. It seems to make a strange noise, perhaps the fairies he has running it are fluttering their little wings off.
    <3<3<3<3 You are my favorite person. <font color="#FFFFFF">Except for Pete.
    <3<3<3<3 You are my favorite person.<font color="#FFFFFF">Except for Pete.
    Yeah, I love you Kate.
  • Yeah, that's how Pogo DJ's live shows. He claims his whole rig (Audio interface, Lemur, iPad, iPhone, External HD, and MBP) fits in one bag. If I ever DJ, that's how I'm going to do it.
    I read that post. I wish he had gone into more detail about how everything is set up, though. It seems like he's done some form of tweaking on his own in order to be able to do everything that he says he can.
  • I interfaced a motion Detector to my arduino ALL BY MY SELF! (I'm a big kid now.) lol
  • State Farm auto insurance dropped, now with Geico.
  • The Humble Indie Bundle guys just sent out an email with Steam activation codes for all 5 games to everybody who bought them.
  • The Humble Indie Bundle guys just sent out an email with Steam activation codes for all 5 games to everybody who bought them.
    Yes!

Now I have an extra copy of Gish; maybe I'll give it to my little brother.
  • Now I have an extra copy of Gish; maybe I'll give it to my little brother.
    They didn't give me an extra World of Goo, so don't get too excited.
  • I have boots, and I know how to use them.
    Yes, it is a boo-yah.
  • edited December 2010
    Community Christmas episode=Win
    Christmas Pterodactyl = +5 WIN
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • Put it off forever and a day, but I just registered for the Fast Karate boards. Mainly so I could tell Dave and Joel that Crossed is so much worse than The Walking Dead. So. Much. Worse.
  • Put it off forever and a day, but I just registered for the Fast Karate boards. Mainly so I could tell Dave and Joel that Crossed is so much worse than The Walking Dead. So. Much. Worse.
    Do you mean bad worse or grotesque zombie business worse?
  • edited December 2010
    grotesque zombie business worse
    Where Walking Dead's GZB=x, the content of Crossed is measurable as x*10100.
  • grotesque zombie business worse
    Where Walking Dead's GZB=x, the content of Crossed is measurable as x*10100.
    I absolutely agree with that assessment. It was the bad worse that I wouldn't have agreed with. How could something with a villan like Horsecock be a bad comic?
  • edited December 2010
    Bought a 4 gig micro-SD card for my new DS flash cart. Got ten of them for $8.
    You best tell us where you got em, boy.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited December 2010
    Bought a 4 gig micro-SD card for my new DS flash cart. Got ten of them for $8.
    Amazon. I didn't notice the BULK Packaging when I bought them. 40 gigs for $7.60.
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • Bought a 4 gig micro-SD card for my new DS flash cart. Got ten of them for $8.
    Amazon.I didn't notice the BULK Packaging when I bought them. 40 gigs for $7.60.
    Stocking stuffers: Ordered.
  • New Golden Sun get!
  • Blood Pressure 130/90. ^_^
  • Finals: Over! AceKard Get!
  • Blood Pressure 130/90. ^_^
    That's a Boo-Yah? Jesus man, it's a good thing you went on that salt-restricted diet.
  • That's a Boo-Yah? Jesus man, it's a good thing you went on that salt-restricted diet.
    Well it's down from 140/100 and I haven't been on blood pressure medicine. So yeah, 130/90 without medicine is a boo-yah.
  • Today I got accepted to my first choice college, Tufts. Boo yah!