This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• I came in with a hefty scholarship which required me to maintain a 3.0.
    Nice. Mine required a 3.4. My GPA remained 4.0 up until I took an active role in the RIT Anime Club, at which point it dropped precipitously, reaching a bare 3.4 by the time I graduated.
  • Grants are far more awesome. You don't have to pay them back or maintain any level of GPA.
  • I can't wait to start making dozens of dollars as a grad student while working sixty hours a week...o wait
  • dozens of dollars as a grad student
    Someone's optimistic.
  • edited January 2011
    Is it still the "take showers, don't cry yourself to sleep, be a big boy and eat, make friends" class that it was when we were there? It really seemed aimed at people who never learned basic life skills in high school and thus couldn't handle college.
    At least the instructers are generally alright people, though my first one was a straight-edge ex-marine (e.g. "If you drink one sip of alcohol I will personally kick your ass").
    God, I wish I could have a college schedule again ^_^
    Also, yes. Dear gods yes. If I could do the same thing I did at RIT, but get paid (instead of paying them) ~$45k/year, I would not complain. 4 Day week starting at noon each day is worth the somewhat shitty pay-grade. (Also, note: in Rochester, $45k/year is in the top 20% of household incomes. Might even be the top 10%. Yeah.....)
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • I fucking love my job. I have done fuck all the last six days except juggle, hang out with friends, and play minecraft. If I wanted to I could do this for the next 11 months, as living in Berlin is so cheap I can survive just on the money I earned in the last two months. Being a student sucked, because just to get by I had to work a night shift at a supermarket. No scholarships for me!
  • edited January 2011
    I've not go much in the way of prospects and sometimes I don't want to keep living, but I keep going and I don't think I'm going to stop.

It's not a lot, but it's what I've got, and I'm proud of it.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Interview went well, now it is time to just wait, do my best and hope for the best :P
  • Got my green belt in judo tonight!
  • Two boo-yahs today.
    I got xkcd volume 0 on the mail today and I love it. Also I will have another chance at applying for exchange in US, let's just hope that this time I'm lucky. (And I shall put more effort to the application.)
  • edited February 2011
    I beat Super Meat Boy (light world only, no Cotton Alley). Moreover, I was using the keyboard. Just saying, it's possible.
    Also, I'm in an awesome course studying Greek and Latin novels from the first few centuries A.D. To clarify, these are the Greek and Roman equivalents of a John Grisham or Stephanie Meyer novel: totally trashy and hilarious.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • I beat Super Meat Boy (light world only, no Cotton Alley). Moreover, I was using the keyboard. Just saying, it's possible.
    Yeah, I got to Hell with keyboard, and I know I could finish, but I decided I'd enjoy playing it more if I used a controller.
  • 2 hour delayed opening at work due to ice storm! I missed 1.5 days of weather closures due to my guam/japan trip so now I finally get a piece of the pie.
  • Ooooh, I just got paid for three cruises in a row all at once. Big chunks of money landing in my bank always makes me feel warm inside.
  • Ooooh, I just got paid for three cruises in a row all at once. Big chunks of money landing in my bank always makes me feel warm inside.
    Quite, I feel so rich the first of the month. I get my pay check and none of my bills have been paid yet. By Friday I shall be poor again.
    Quite, I feel so rich the first of the month. I get my pay check and none of my bills have been paid yet. By Friday I shall be poor again.
    Thankfully I already have enough money in the bank to see me through the rest of the year without working quite easily. This money will be invested into my theater projects, or just go into savings.

Or I might buy a mini grand piano.
  • Sam Noble Pils on tap! For lunch! I love snow days.
  • edited February 2011
    Or I might buy a mini grand piano.
    I like that option. ^_^
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • Sam Noble Pils on tap! For lunch! I love snow days.
    It's already that time of year?
  • It's already that time of year?
    That's what I was thinking!

Let me tell you, that stuff is awesome with wings.
  • Tomorrow I will fix a Backwards compatible 80gb PS3 that suffers of YLOD
  • While searching for a Toys R Us to get mah Pikachu I found a Korean BBQ Taco truck! Spicy BBQ pork taco was super tasty.
  • While searching for a Toys R Us to get mah Pikachu I found a Korean BBQ Taco truck! Spicy BBQ pork taco was super tasty.
    Is this a thing lately? I love cultural diffusion.
  • Tomorrow, there is new Community!

Yeah, it is going to be about D&D; :P
  • Is this a thing lately? I love cultural diffusion.
    It is! I've been wanting to find one ever since I first heard about it. I'd kind of given up hope of finding one in Orlando when *poof* it's there. Everything was dropped, tacos were ate.
  • Is this a thing lately? I love cultural diffusion.
    It is! I've been wanting to find one ever since I first heard about it. I'd kind of given up hope of finding one in Orlando when *poof* it's there. Everything was dropped, tacos were ate.
    Yeah, I had a bulgogi burrito the other day for the first time. It was perfection.
    Is this a thing lately? I love cultural diffusion.
    http://www.korillabbq.com/ There's one that drives around Manhattan.
    I see it around Columbia's campus on occasion, but it's always right after I've eaten lunch, so I've never had their stuff before. I've heard it's good though.
  • I have a broken iPhone. Turns out there is an iPhone repair workshop on my road, so it'll take about an hour until I know if it can be fixed. As long as it costs less than buying a new one, I'm happy.