This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• Urrrgh, don't remind me. You don't think getting hit in the liver can knock you out until it happens and it's befuddling.
  • Just imagine that with your leg. Jose Aldo did this to Urijah Faber's leg. One kick would chop down a normal person like a tree.
  • Considering the type of archaic conditioning involved in muai thai, I'd be really hesitant to ever fight someone who's any good at it. Even if you utterly crush them you're still going to get your legs kicked black and blue.
  • Wasn't paying attention to this thread for about two weeks, so back on the topic of getting caught skipping school:

I often had "excused" absenses from high school during my senior year due to a rule where you were allowed to submit a letter from any college stating you were there checking out the campus that day. I considered it a loophole that there was simply no maximum to how many times you could do this. Every other school I knew had a pretty low cap. While I did go on a few campus visits (mostly to hang out with friends who graudated the year prior), there was a lot of googling for letterhead and printing on nice paper.

The only fault to the system was that my first period teacher had the "he's an honor student, better give him the benefit of the doubt" and would often mark me present to save me from from being late. When no other teacher that day did this, it kept setting red flags with the cut team, who would get a copy of every teachers attendance and analyze it for gaps. This led to being pulled out of class numerous times and accused of cutting school. Never got in trouble but the process was incredibly tedious until I convinced the first period teacher to knock it off.
  • Got approved for Project Wonderful ads, and my partner in crime made a new banner for our website, and I finished plotting out Shattered, so now all I have to do is draw, ink, and color.

I don't think I've ever been this excited to start updating my website.
  • Computer surgery successful! My laptop no longer makes horrible grindy fan noises!
  • For the first time ever, I had blood drawn without getting nauseated or queasy or getting a ringing in my ears. Go me.
  • Yay! Isn't that a great feeling? I got to that milestone a few years ago, and I was so happy. Try always lying down for injections and phlebotomy.
    I still passed out for my flu shot a few months ago, though.
  • Had such a man day; Pulled up a carpet laid a new one, and fitted a new loo seat. Prior to this day I had no idea how to do any of this. It was a hearty day of manly-ness.
  • Buttersafe is advertising on my website. Right now. I must have done something really good today.
  • So a few weeks ago, I found out I totally fucked up my travel dates for going to Boston by a month. I sent a customer concern ticket with Jet Blue in regards to this just asking for a partial refund.

I just received an email saying they understand the mistake and they credited me $200 in a Jet Blue Travel bank account. I didn't expect to get anything back, but it seems just a little letter helped.

I have yet to fly with them, but I'm already highly impressed with their customer service.
  • Double Boo Yah! (what does it mean?): Firstly, the podcast that I started recently just broke the 100 views goal. But for the real Boo Yah, my friends just gave me their hotel money way earlier than I was expecting them to, which makes it much easier for me to deal with the hotel stuff for PAX East.
  • What's your podcast? I'm way behind on listening to my current subscriptions but I'll check it out at some point.
  • For the first time ever, I had blood drawn without getting nauseated or queasy or getting a ringing in my ears. Go me.
    Is this supposed to happen? I've only had blood drawn once and I just recited facts about Japanese geopolitics to keep my mind off things.
    Is this supposed to happen? I've only had blood drawn once and I just recited facts about Japanese geopolitics to keep my mind off things.
    I just kinda took it like a man...
    I just kinda took it like a man...
    I usually R-E-A-D-A-B-O-O-K!
  • What's your podcast? I'm way behind on listening to my current subscriptions but I'll check it out at some point.
    It's called the Angel-Tech Awesome Cast which you can find here. It's basically something I do for my friends website since he wants more content up there. A fair warning, this is my first time doing anything like this so the episodes probably aren't as quality as lets say Geeknights, or Dave and Joel's, but any criticism would be welcome.
  • Is this supposed to happen? I've only had blood drawn once and I just recited facts about Japanese geopolitics to keep my mind off things.
    No, it is not supposed to happen, but it does for some of us. Vasovagal response, it sucks.
  • DiBella's for dinner!
  • DiBella's for dinner!
    Fucker!
  • DiBella's for dinner!
    Fucker!
  • I didn't know they had an Albany location.

Hmm, it's been a while since I've had DiBella's, I think I might go tonight.
  • I didn't know they had an Albany location.
    It opened yesterday.
  • Done with Winter Quarter of RIT!
    YEAH!
  • I can touch my toes for the first time in over two years.
    YEAH!
    Same here. Waiting for my drinks to arrive so that I can celebrate.
  • Finished the results section of my first author manuscript! THESIS HERE I COME :D
    YEAH!
    Same here. Waiting for my drinks to arrive so that I can celebrate.
    That makes three of us. Glad to finally play Batman: Arkham Asylum in peace.
  • Is this supposed to happen? I've only had blood drawn once and I just recited facts about Japanese geopolitics to keep my mind off things.
    No, it is not supposed to happen, but it does for some of us. Vasovagal response, it sucks.
    I read the article and one thing mentioned specifically as a cause of the vasovagal response was venipuncture (which is pretty much exactly what it sounds like). So that explains it.
    All the causes are medical, and none psychological which was sort of interesting. I was always thinking that I was psyching myself out despite knowing and feeling like getting blood drawn was no big deal. The down side is that all of the preventative measures suggested don't apply. I can't exactly avoid getting blood tests now and then.
    Bonus: One of the causes of the vasovagal response is sexual arousal. That's got to be a tough one to live with.
    "Man, she's totally ho-"*whump*
  • edited February 2011
    I was always thinking that I was psyching myself out despite knowing and feeling like getting blood drawn was no big deal. The down side is that all of the preventative measures suggested don't apply.
    Just lying down when you get venipuncture done seems to work for me. I used to freak out because I knew I was going to faint, and then that made it worse, but I learned just to lay there and let the blood slosh around to my head seems to keep me from that horrible feeling.
    Post edited by gomidog on