This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• Yeah, I've heard good things about Fables, but it's not high on the priority list of things I want to read.
    I have that Fables book, but it's still shrink-wrapped. Hey, if you want to borrow the first couple of volumes of Fables, I can bring them to PAX for you. I think they are on my bookshelf here. I'm not going to read them again any time soon, but they are pretty awesome.
    Thanks, but that's cool. I have some large trades I'm bringing just in case I want to read. Plus, I'll be bringing some knitting projects to keep me occupied. ^__~
  • There's a huge lightning storm going on over my house right now. Out on the back balcony, having a smoke, for no good reason, I flicked my hand out and said "Force lightning." and that very second lightning and thunder rolled across the sky. Felt like an enormous badass.
  • There's a huge lightning storm going on over my house right now. Out on the back balcony, having a smoke, for no good reason, I flicked my hand out and said "Force lightning." and that very second lightning and thunder rolled across the sky. Felt like an enormous badass.
    That's the more badass version of waving your hand as you walk towards an automatic sliding door.
  • Boo-yah: Tax return this year even bigger than last year. More than two paychecks' worth. Finally going to be able to squash the last of my credit card debt and add a good chunk to my savings.
  • My mashup has achieved over 550 listens on SoundCloud within the last four hours. /mu/ loves it. Enjoying my fifteen minutes of internet fame.
  • My mashup has achieved over 550 listens on SoundCloud within the last four hours. /mu/ loves it. Enjoying my fifteen minutes of internet fame.
    I'm surprised you didn't create a dummy account on SoundCloud to release that business, what with your name visible from the link you gave on /mu/.

Still, an awesome mashup.
  • I have that Fables book, but it's still shrink-wrapped. Hey, if you want to borrow the first couple of volumes of Fables, I can bring them to PAX for you. I think they are on my bookshelf here. I'm not going to read them again any time soon, but they are pretty awesome.
    Thanks, but that's cool. I have some large trades I'm bringing just in case I want to read. Plus, I'll be bringing some knitting projects to keep me occupied. ^__~
    I meant for you to take home with you, silly. :P
    Are you one of those people who waves their hand at automatic doors and feels like a badass when they slide open?
  • I meant for you to take home with you, silly. :P
    O_O Oh ok. Sure! ^_^
  • Are you one of those people who waves their hand at automatic doors and feels like a badass when they slide open?
    Yeah, don't you?
  • Are you one of those people who waves their hand at automatic doors and feels like a badass when they slide open?
    Yeah, don't you?
    Well. Maybe a little.
    Yeah, don't you?
    Well. Maybe a little.
    I wave my hand when I know the traffic light is about to turn green. My dad did it when I was a kid, I thought he had psychic powers. >_>
  • Though everyone did that?
    I'm surprised you didn't create a dummy account on SoundCloud to release that business, what with your name visible from the link you gave on /mu/.

Still, an awesome mashup.
    People post their Last.fm pages on /mu/ all the time. I don't think it's a big deal.
  • Though everyone did that?
    I'm a huge fan of walking through an automatic door without breaking my stride.
  • That is a rare event for me. When it does happen though, I am filled with such ecstatic glee.
  • I'm a huge fan of walking through an automatic door without breaking my stride.
    Flowing stride and jedi hand combo - Flawless Victory.
  • That is a rare event for me.
    This. Automatic doors seem to be programmed for fat, slow, short legged people, not long legged fast walkers like myself.
  • fat, slow, short legged people
    No, they're not even programmed for me. Then again, I can walk quickly when I need to. Very dangerous over short distances and so forth.
  • I'm a huge fan of walking through an automatic door without breaking my stride.
    Flowing stride and jedi hand combo - Flawless Victory.
    I do this every time I encounter an automatic door.
  • edited March 2011
    Successfully befriended the owner of the food truck (and diner) which supplies the best fish sandwich I've ever eaten in my entire fucking life. It is manna from heaven.

He told me about how for our University's drinking holiday (Unofficial St. Patrick's Day, this Friday) they'll be out on the main street until 4am Saturday in the truck filling up brown bags with fresh-cut french fries and topping the pile with a made-to-order bacon double cheeseburger (IMHO, the best in town) so that you can have a delicious meal in a single bag. Eat your cheeseburger, start in on the fries. $5 for the whole shebang.

I told him I'd bring all my friends, and this led to a discussion of how neither of us understand why the bars don't keep cooking past midnight and how our campus drunk food is terrible, disgusting stuff that no sane person should ever eat (see: Fat Sandwiches).

I love food trucks and cool restaurant owners.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Damn, now I'm hungry for a fat sandwich. We have the famous "grease trucks" here in NJ. There is a Rutgers campus parking lot that long ago was taken over by a large circle of food trucks that probably don't run anymore. All they make are fat sandwiches.
    Though everyone did that?
    I'm a huge fan of walking through an automatic door without breaking my stride.
    This did not work in France, and that was quite frustrating. Auto doors did not open until you were practically up against them. Ever door nearly required a full stop.
  • Spent ten minuets playing with the new automatic doors with my Cyberpunk gaming group. We pulled some crazy shapes out there.
  • Our campus pretty much shuts down after 10 since everything but dorms are off campus. On the other hand, the best food truck in town is getting featured on the Orlando newspaper and was doing everything at a discount today, but while I was in class. On the bright side, there's a big Food Truck-off at the end of the month.
  • I'm thinking of starting a food truck with my little brother. No joke.
  • I'm ranked like 217 or 214 (I forget which) in Pac-Man CE DX now. Will I ever make #1?
  • I'm ranked like 217 or 214 (I forget which) in Pac-Man CE DX now. Will I ever make #1?
    Not while there are Japanese people.
  • Not while there are Japanese cheating people.
  • I am #1 in Pac-Man CE DX.