This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• RymRym
    edited June 2011
    I ran in my first race in almost a decade. It was a 5k in Central Park.

Despite zero training, waking up late, skipping breakfast, and biking hard to the event to barely get there in time, I came in 80th place. ^_^

Place

Age/Sex
    29 M

Time
    22:13.23

Pace
    7:09

Gender Place
    65/480

Age Group Place
    M20-29
    29/175

Age Graded PLP
    Post edited by Rym on
  • Just had one of the best weekends ever. Three great concerts in the span of four days, first pool party at my place in over a year and it was awesome, plenty of sun the whole time, and got to spend it all with my new girlfriend ^_^
  • THIS:
    Arrived on the mail today, I found a Spanish/English version and bought it for my soon to be born godson(who will be like a nefew to me).

Also got volume one of "Black Jack"
  • "I'm going to see if the sea gulls flying beside the ship will eat this pizza crust out of my hand. I'm ready for massive disappointment."

"Good luck. I'll stay here."

30 seconds later:

"Hey, check this out! Massive disappointment successfully avoided!"

I love my job.
  • I accidentally found a geo-chache outside of my school, that has been there for the last two years by a bus stop that I wait at every day.

God I love the internet.
  • I accidentally found a geo-chache outside of my school, that has been there for the last two years by a bus stop that I wait at every day.

God I love the internet.
    Now that I've got a smartphone and a reliable GPS, as well as nice weather, I've been wanting to get into Geochaching. Do you just use Geocaching.com, or what?

(I mean you personally, not in general)
  • I steal my brothers I-phone and just use the "find the nearest to me" button. Geochaching.com has the database, but there are a number of Droid and i-OS apps that can read it. The "official" one that I use seems to be the best on i-OS. Most of the caches in cites are micro ones with logs and no prizes, but there are some. The best thing is that in two miles, there are 64 caches.
  • Spent most of today migrating a guy's computer over and feel oddly shattered, but accomplished.
    Decided on an immediate direction for my life and am planning a trip to the Americas.
    Got a job opportunity which could go well.

Thanks for the support everyone.
  • edited June 2011
    Spent most of today migrating a guy's computer over and feel oddly shattered, but accomplished.
    Decided on an immediate direction for my life and am planning a trip to the Americas.
    Got a job opportunity which could go well.

Thanks for the support everyone.
    Good work, Omnom. You do good work with PC's, and it's good to see you kicking in and making some changes with a goal in mind. Good luck times ten(if we're talking orders of magnitude) for the job opportunity!

Post edited by Churba on
  • It's not a super big job, but it's a start.
  • Yaaaay! America!
  • edited June 2011
    GO GO Omnutia! Get a job, get moneys, go places! Life is grand and exciting and we're right there with you!
    Post edited by Anrild on
  • It's not a super big job, but it's a start.
    Even a thousand mile journey starts with a single step.

Something like that.
  • edited June 2011

Is that Nathan Fillion's face shooped on that guy?
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • No, I think it is Simon Cowell.
  • GO GO Omnutia! Get a job, get moneys, go places! Life is grand and exciting and we're right there with you!
    Also, If you're in the US at the same time as I am, I will make every effort to travel out to you, and we can be walkin' around, lookin' around in somewhere entirely new. We'll go and get some barbecue and hang out.
  • edited June 2011
    Medication and counselling is helping. Going to make a go at things.
    Can anyone suggest any manga to get me really pumped for learning C#/C++?

I need to do some pretty heavy modification to LibTorrent.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I can't suggest any manga, but I can say that XNA is an awesome development platform, and C# is a really fun and powerful language. C++ I haven't learned yet...
  • Medication and counselling is helping. Going to make a go at things.

Hajime no Ippo is a universal motivator.
  • Medication and counselling is helping. Going to make a go at things.

Hajime no Ippo is a universal motivator.
    Take with liberal doses of Masaaki Endoh.
  • Take with liberal doses of Masaaki Endoh.
  • Well, if we're talking motivation, I was thinking more along the lines of these.
  • Not one of those was Yuusha-oh Tanjou.

You're fired.
  • Not one of those was Yuusha-oh Tanjou.

You're fired.
    However, one of them was Power Rangers, which makes you a winner.
  • edited June 2011
    The most recent song I wrote for the band was well received tonight and I actually spoke up when other members started taking it in a direction I didn't like. Hooray for standing up for my art and not undervaluing my opinion and overvaluing the opinions of others. ^_^
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • Take with liberal doses of Masaaki Endoh.

I misread the words on the video as Chanukah at first. And I was all like, "Oh yeah EXTREME CHANUKAH!!!! Now I am disappoint. Mostly in myself. Damn my learning disability. :(
  • So, having only played real guitar for about two months now, I was really happy to be able to go visit with my band's guitarist and not only jam with him using a riff that I wrote, but also learned to play one of our existing songs that he wrote pretty easily. For the most part. I simplified it a little to fit with my current skill level, but I'm pretty dang impressed with how good I've already gotten.

Thanks Rock Band 3! *ting*
  • Got a job interview scheduled for next week! I am SO ready to give the double deuce to my current job.
  • edited June 2011
    Got a job interview scheduled for next week! I am SO ready to give the double deuce to my current job.

I wish you well on your interview. Live long and prosper.
    Post edited by KapitänTim on
  • Somebody donated 5 dollars to my website where I take pictures/video of a stuffed puppy doing various not-very-puppy-like things. I never thought this would happen.