This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• Time to collect 'dem checks! Hopefully they can find someway to continue to allow you to live out your extravagant Ivy League education.
  • I'm having an awesome summer teaching computery things to kids at camp. I wish I could just do this year round.
  • Time to collect 'dem checks! Hopefully they can find someway to continue to allow you to live out your extravagant Ivy League education.
    Well, my parents aren't planning on not working, they just don't have to worry about how much they're being paid. We should be set, especially if Columbia decides to actually start giving me financial aid now that my parents don't have an external income.
  • My PTO accrual rate has increased. I effectively have one more day of vacation now per year.
  • Boo Yah: I'VE GOT MY ROOM BACK! After nearly ten months of my grandmother living in my room, I'VE GOT IT BACK.
    *Dances*
  • Boo Yah: I'VE GOT MY ROOM BACK! After nearly ten months of my grandmother living in my room, I'VE GOT IT BACK.
    *Dances*
    Glad this wasn't a Booya of a Fail.
  • The professor I am working for this summer just got a grant, so I'm getting paid for the summer.
  • I'm writing again.
  • I just realized that a dreamcast VMU can be powered by USB! And that my work has a near infinite stockpile of the appropriate batteries!

Hooo baby, time to bust out the VMU minigames!
  • My parents are officially retired! And my mom's already getting another job or two, either consulting on a business deal or managing a construction project for the YWCA. She'll probably end up doing both.

Second boo-yah: I fucking love how awesome my parents are.
    I've never known speeds this fast. This is about 10x faster than before.
  • That upload is shit, though.
  • Good Ping, though.
  • That upload is shit, though.
    That may be probelmatic for podcasts...
    Good Ping, though.
    It's improved after I set up the router. It's about 20 on the wired desktop, 30 for any laptop.
  • edited August 2011
    That upload is shit, though.
    kill me
    Post edited by Yuyuke on
  • edited August 2011
    Mine is better, but not near what was promised.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Mine is better, but not near what was promised.
    I get about 18-20 Mb/s when I test on local servers. US servers, it varies from about 0.70 to 1.50 Mb/s.
  • I have found a removable hard top for my mx-5! ^_^
  • I have found a removable hard top for my mx-5! ^_^
    ^_^
  • So I started my most recent (by which I mean second) job with this temp agency today. Hours are 3:30 PM-finish, location is a bakery warehouse. At the start of the shift, I'm loading trays with frozen bread and putting them onto racks to be baked the rest of the way. After that, I'm bagging the bread and packing the bags into those stacking plastic crates, which get loaded into trucks for shipping at the end of the night, followed by cleanup.

Full-time temp-to-perm job close to home, decent starting pay set to rise if they keep me around, and my fellow employees are Pretty Cool People? AND I get my pick of extra bread at the end of the night? I could get used to this!
  • Also, bakery smells. Mmm.
  • Woo picked up 2 atari 5200's, an atari xt, games and all the fixins for 35 bucks at a flea market. Also picked up an fc twin (nes/snes combo) with 3 games for 10 bucks. Woot
  • 1st Booh yah; Playing TF2 for the first time in years and I'm not that bad.
    2nd Booh yah; Have awesome beer to keep me going.
    3rd Booh yah; My girlfriends cats arnt after me.
    Who knew my grandparents had such speed?
  • edited August 2011
    Who knew my grandparents had such speed?
    FUCK. Do your grandparents need a tenant?
  • edited August 2011
    Forget JBJ's Granparents, what do I have to do to get over where you are, Timo? Will work for bandwidth!
  • edited August 2011
    That's academic Internet, that is.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • It lives!
    It being the HDD from my now defunct Macbook and the circuit board from a broken external. Not the best set up, but good enough for now.