This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• I replaced my iPod screen and it works!
  • I've been invited to the Portland Juggling Festival at the end of September. I hope I get to go! I've never been to the west coast of the USA before. If travel plans work out I hope to visit San Fransisco and Northern California for a week afterward.
  • I've been invited to the Portland Juggling Festival at the end of September. I hope I get to go! I've never been to the west coast of the USA before. If travel plans work out I hope to visit San Fransisco and Northern California for a week afterward.
    Not SoCal? That's a bummer.
  • edited August 2011
    Not SoCal? That's a bummer.
    Nope! Or not for me. I've never thought of or found anything worth visiting or doing in Southern California, but loads up in the northern part.
    Post edited by Luke Burrage on
  • I'm going to sum up my booyah very succinctly.

• edited August 2011
    Just sorted out a super cool cover system with the head coder for Paradox. That's right, Red Alert 3 with Company of Heroes style cover; the green is Active Cover you get from stuff like shields and smoke grenades, the yellow is passive cover from objects in the environment, the blue is concealment into which lighter infantry can hide, and the red is Negative Cover which makes your infantry weaker. The infantry are smart enough to run for Passive cover on their own, so it won't turn into a microfest. There is even a cool underfoot indicator!

(Success! Thanks a ton!)
    Post edited by open_sketchbook on
  • width="XXXpx OR XX%" (% of the post width, not of the pic's original size) in the image tag.
  • Parents bought me my first suit today! Pics will appear in a week once it finishes getting tailored.
  • Windows 7 is installing on my finally FULLY BUILT DESKTOP COMPUTER
    HOLY SHIT MY LIFE IS ON AN UPSWING FOR ONCE
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs
  • And the town's people rejoiced
  • And the town's people rejoiced
    All I could think of when I read that:
  • edited August 2011
    Getting a volunteer position at Nocturnal Wonderland during the first week of school. Gonna be quite an adventure.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Kefka? More like DEAD...ka, amiright?

Right? Guys?
  • Gained a free wifi router. I set this up for my friends years ago, but it stopped working one day and they replaced it. They gave it to me saying I could have it if I would make it work. What seems to have happened as far as I can tell is that someone hacked the wifi (WPA AES with a pretty long random password) and then reconfigured the router using the standard linksys login to change the IP to 192.168.1.254 and turn off the DHCP server. Moral of the story, change the default password on your router.

Also, free hardware, w00t!
  • I started to watch Bartender, it is pretty awesome :D
  • My computer works awesomely. Mac's and linux doesn't go well together. But after 3 days of trial and error, I now have everything working. Still haven't tried connecting an external monitor to it through DisplayPort, which I doubt will work. So there's that. But everything else I've gotten working now.
  • I helped prevent a suicide.

Also the girl I have a crush on reciprocates.
  • Other than a lost roof slate and a couple minor leaks, Mission Survive Irene was a phenomenal success. Apparently, we even maintained power throughout the night!
  • Also the girl I have a crush on reciprocates.
    You lucky bastard. /foreveralone
  • Also the girl I have a crush on reciprocates.
    As in p/q*q/p=1?
  • I would have made a tasteless joke but then I realised it's somewhat difficult to construe reciprocate as oscillate.
  • OH YOU GUIZ.
  • I would have made a tasteless joke but then I realised it's somewhat difficult to construe reciprocate as oscillate.
    Reciprocating motion is a specific form of oscillation. You're good!
  • Today was an awesome day. Quality time with the girlfriend, and watched the awesome action movie The Warrior's Way, which is the only movie which can pit Ninja vs Cowboys vs Geoffrey Rush.
    It''s one of my favorite anime. ^_^
    It's something <_
    It's something <_<</p>
    Yeah >_>
  • edited August 2011
    ^_^
    <_<</p>
    >_>
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Moved into my RIT dorm today! Finally, fast FREAKING internet. Thank GOD.