This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• What would be depressing, exactly?
  • What would be depressing, exactly?
    Him not liking life up till Wednesday, July 6th, 2011 at 16:30 UTC. It would make for many years of not-liked life. Which is depressing.
  • I like life. It's good to feel that way.
  • edited July 2011
    What would be depressing, exactly?
    Him not liking life up till Wednesday, July 6th, 2011 at 16:30 UTC. It would make for many years of not-liked life. Which is depressing.
    It's only depressing if you're fixated on the past.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • It's only depressing if you're fixated on the past.
    The past is the future you have already spent. Not having spent that future liking it is baaaaaaaaaad!
  • As of mere moments ago, I finally finished off the last of my Connecticon panels. Now I can finally sleep.
  • As of mere moments ago, I finally finished off the last of my Connecticon panels. Now I can finally sleep.
    I didn't sleep.
  • Tonight I have my first ever booked slot in a standup comedy show, one which isn't an open stage and one where I won't be doing any juggling.

That said, I'm not going to be doing any standup comedy either, but singing some songs. I'll do Rebound Dating (see below) and either a song I wrote two days ago called "I am Luke's Wallet" or a song I wrote three weeks ago called "I Love You So Much (I'd Go Back In Time (and Kill Hitler) For You)." These are working titles. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow morning!

• edited July 2011
    Sounds interesting. Can we see the lyrics?
    Also, you should sing "First of May" by Jonathan Coulton and see if you can get laid off of that.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Sounds interesting. Can we see the lyrics?
    In the description of the video on YouTube.
  • Actually, I meant for the two new songs.
  • Keep on trucking Luke. Good songs that are also hilarious are the best.
  • Actually, I meant for the two new songs.
    I think songs like this work best in live performance, and then in recorded live performance, then as a non-live recording, and then as the lyrics displayed on a screen with no performance and no music. I don't mind people reading along with the lyrics while listening to the song or watching the video, but getting the lyrics before hearing it isn't good.

I might see about recording my slot in the show tonight, and if the new song gets a good reaction I'll post it here.
  • Good luck tonight then. The working titles promise something entertaining.
  • Holy crap, its been way too long since I've been here. Its prolly been over a year. I've missed this place, with all the geekiness and such. Hopefully now I'll be a regular user.

Anywho, I'm quite happy on several accounts. First, I have graduated high school, and only shortly before I turned 18. I'm sure many of you know what it feels like. Ah, its a really good feeling. I'll be going to college in about a month and a half, which is another thing I'm excited about.

Second, I received a good sum of money from previously mentioned graduation/birthday, and was able to buy myself a new laptop. And not just the ones at Walmart for $500. I ended up spending $1100 on a Dell XPS 15 laptop, fully equipped with an quad core i7 processor, 6 GB of RAM, 640 GB hard drive, an Nvidia Geforce 525m, 1080p HD display, and the best sound I have ever heard on a laptop (CNET was also very impressed with this). Now, so far I haven't even come close to using it to its full potential, but it has enough power for me to use it for a long time. I'm EXTREMELY happy with my purchase, although the HD webcam isn't working, but I have a warranty and I'll be sending it in shortly. Nvidia's Optimus technology is great, using its higher performance card when needed, and shutting it off and letting the the integrated Intel HD 3000 do all the work. Unfortunately, Optimus only works in Windows 7, so when I use Ubuntu the I'm left with the Intel graphics with the Nvidia card still sucking up power. You can't even easily shut it off. But, today, yet again, I am a happy peach. Martin Juhl has released software, called Bumblebee, that should allow me to use both cards, switching between them using software. I'm downloading the package currently, so I'm hoping all goes well!

So yeah, I thought I'd come back and just let out a lot of my good moments to mark the end of my hiatus from this site. I'm glad to be back! Booh yah!
  • Android tablet should be here any minute now...
  • Good luck tonight then. The working titles promise something entertaining.
    My luck ran out. I think I'll put the update in the Fail thread.
  • Arrested Development movie CONFIRMED
    This does nothing for me. Being in the process of writing it doesn't necessarily mean that it's going to happen, even if the whole cast is on-board. I'm only being a naysayer because I don't want my heart broken :(
  • Some day I should watch that arrested development thing to see what all the fuss is about.
  • Some day I should watch that arrested development thing to see what all the fuss is about.
  • Note to self: Don't bother with Arrested Development.
  • I got an award at work today.

• Today, my friends and I were going to go to GameWorks to try and get some arcade gaming in, but we felt a bit apprehensive and started looking for a more authentic arcade instead. We ended up making a snap decision and spent our entire day at The Galloping Ghost Arcade, which holds the distinct honor of being both 20 minutes from my place and being the second largest "real arcade" in America. $15 gets you free play on all games and come-and-go rights for the day. They let you bring your own food, but also have a snack counter, which sells Ramune and Romulan Ale, along with your usual junk foods and sodas.

It was pretty much the greatest place ever. We're returning in a week or so.
  • Guess who met Devin Townsend today?
  • Guess who met Devin Townsend today?
    Did he share indecipherable alien wisdom with you?