This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• edited November 2011
    I got them from this person's deviantArt. The other mane 5 are there as well along with Derpy. They are all on wallpaper slideshow on my PC.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Booh Yah!: I got selected into the test for Star Wars The Old Republic, that starts tomorrow.
    Booh Yah?: Tomorrow is also Skyrim's release :O
  • Boo yah: Things sync beta. I waited two years for this, but everything works so smooth!
  • edited November 2011
    Semester of university + BEng thesis down.
    Guilt-free free time += a shitload.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I just bought a $600 beater car that gets about 30 MPG!
  • I just bought a $600 beater car that gets about 30 MPG!
    Tentative yay? What car?
  • edited November 2011
    98 Neon. Needs some work such as a new fuel filler. Found that out when I filled the tank and saw a small puddle of fuel on the ground. Not that uncommon for that to rust out it sits right behind one of the rear wheels.

My other car averages 22 MPG. This should get over 30.
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • Upon being asked if Fear and Loathing on the Campaign is a scary story (its cover is a skull painted as an american flag with swastikas in the eye sockets): "Yes, it's about a demon called Richard Nixon possessing 49 out of 50 states."
  • Upon being asked if Fear and Loathing on the Campaign is a scary story (its cover is a skull painted as an american flag with swastikas in the eye sockets): "Yes, it's about a demon called Richard Nixon possessing 49 out of 50 states."
    I've never read non-fiction more raw and unnerving than Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail. You can sense HST's jittering anxiety about everything that was happening at the time, and the way he writes is so direct that it's almost nauseating how abjectly frightened he feels.

Coincidentally, the pages on what he felt watching the '68 DNC echoed perfectly what I felt when I saw the videos of Occupy Oakland.
  • Wrote the Android example app and have already begun playing around with modifying and extending it and begun messing around learning to play Your Hand In Mine on piano all in one day!
  • Played in Rym's Burning Wheel game at Burning Apocalypse Con. It was awesome. My guy suffered the fate of being shut in a cave for hundreds of years. I always enjoy the games that end in tragedy more.
  • We had friends over for a crab boil (blue crabs) and oysters. When we dumped the crabs into the pot, one of them managed to not go in and was scurrying around the kitchen counter. I then picked up a knife and proceeded to duel him to the death. The battle was touch and go for a little while, but eventually he went into the pot with everyone else.
  • We had friends over for a crab boil (blue crabs) and oysters. When we dumped the crabs into the pot, one of them managed to not go in and was scurrying around the kitchen counter. I then picked up a knife and proceeded to duel him to the death. The battle was touch and go for a little while, but eventually he went into the pot with everyone else.
    Did you attack his weak point for massive damage?
  • edited November 2011
    We had friends over for a crab boil (blue crabs) and oysters. When we dumped the crabs into the pot, one of them managed to not go in and was scurrying around the kitchen counter. I then picked up a knife and proceeded to duel him to the death. The battle was touch and go for a little while, but eventually he went into the pot with everyone else.
    I hope at least one of your friends yelled "OLIOLIOOO" at the time. Also, did it break your knife?

Edit: DAMMIT RUFFAS
    Post edited by Yuyuke on
  • Played in Rym's Burning Wheel game at Burning Apocalypse Con. It was awesome. My guy suffered the fate of being shut in a cave for hundreds of years. I always enjoy the games that end in tragedy more.
    Had the game gone on, that tied up elf would have woken up, picked up the orb, and brought it into the ship for you. You and the human would likely have been able to power it up and kick some ass from there.

Of course, if it had been a longer game, the other two players' "conclusion" would have been a big duel of wits among the Kings instead, probably leading to war.

• It bent the knife a bit, for sure. However, what he didn't notice was the fact that he cannot grab anything behind him. Thus, dinner.
  • My connect 4 AI successfully beat two people in my hall today.
  • edited November 2011
    I work in IT for a semiconductor manufacturer. While I don't work at the plant itself, one of their plants is nearby, and today I got to visit it including a guided tour of the cleanroom manufacturing process. It was quite interesting, but also rather stressing since it is rather hectic in there and you have to look out that you don't break the cleanroom conventions and of course stay clear of actual workers and the machines.

Also had my annual review today at my work place, and my boss is rather happy with me :)
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Successfully taught a high-school level class at MIT Splash, on computer building. God damn, I love teaching.
  • Was at the coffee shop and struck up a conversation with a woman close to my age after I noticed she had a GameStop card on her keyring!
  • Was at the coffee shop and struck up a conversation with a woman close to my age after I noticed she had a GameStop card on her keyring!
    She's either a geek, or has kids. ;)
  • edited November 2011
    She's either a geek, or has kids. ;)
    Or worse, a geeky boyfriend
    Post edited by Bronzdragon on
  • I found Haribo (but only the regular bear kind).
  • This is a booyah? Doesn't every grocery have Haribo candy?
  • This is a booyah? Doesn't every grocery have Haribo candy?
    Not in the South. The only time I've seen it before was what the French students I supervised this summer brought with them.
  • The bear kind is the best kind.
  • I certainly haven't seen them at Albertsons.
  • AM FIX-ED IT!!
  • I knew you could do it, good work!