This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• I am very close to getting my fiance to call the horse she just bought "Rainbow Dash". Because the horse is awesome.
  • So i just got a great deal off of Amazon. I picked up a new charger for my netbook and a VGA to HDMI cable for at total of 15 bucks. Schweet...
  • Also started using a safety razor after getting a setup this Christmas as a gift from the spousal overunit. I strongly recommend getting a variety pack of blades. I got one from Amazon for about $20. I noticed that I nicked myself worst with the first blade I tried (an Astra), but I'm doing better now with a Shark blade. Not sure how much of that is practice vs. different tendencies of the blades.
  • Merkur blades are the best in my experience.
  • Just played a killer game of Horde mode. Made it up to wave 29 after having to fend off two berserkers and a lambent berserker.
    That may be, but I can't be bothered to order them and just use CVS blades.
  • I'm one step closer to becoming the God of Pimps.
  • edited January 2012
    You'd be there if your coat was a different right color.

Personal Booh-yah: I've been arranging with a Japanese friend of mine's brother in Tokyo (who knows next to no English) for when I'm there in a few weeks. I was nervous when I started talking with him because I'm not that confident in my Japanese, but he doesn't seem to have any problem understanding me. I can't read much kanji so google helps me with the readings, but I take it from there. Intensive summer class definitely seems to have payed off and I'm looking forward to vacationing in Japan in a few weeks.
    Post edited by Ruffas on
    I think the best ones are the Feather blades. They are awesome! :D
    I think the best ones are the Feather blades. They are awesome! :D
    I've heard mixed reviews on Merkur blades. Some people like them, some people don't. Feathers are known to be great, but they're also super-sharp and not very forgiving if you don't have a steady hand.

CVS blades (and most generic store brands) are made by American Personna. They're supposedly okay blades -- nothing special but they get the job done.

I may pick up a small pack of Features and Merkurs, however, once my sampler pack is nearly empty to try them out.

• edited January 2012
    I've heard mixed reviews on Merkur blades. Some people like them, some people don't. Feathers are known to be great, but they're also super-sharp and not very forgiving if you don't have a steady hand.

CVS blades (and most generic store brands) are made by American Personna. They're supposedly okay blades -- nothing special but they get the job done.

I may pick up a small pack of Features and Merkurs, however, once my sampler pack is nearly empty to try them out.
    I think the reason for this may be that Merkur blades work best with Merkur razors. Feather blades are the best general blades, for people who already have a fair bit of experience shaving with a Safety razor, since it's true, they're not at all forgiving if you're not used to shaving that way - but try them anyway, they're worth a shot.

Post edited by Churba on
  • Hmm, I do own a Merkur razor, so it's definitely worth checking them out once I run out of samplers. And yes, I agree on trying out Feathers as well.
  • Got a sweet new Linux computer at the office. Named it Mog-Pharau.
  • Well this is more of a pre booh-yah. See, my brother's Xbox just got the red rings for the second time. It is out of warrenty. IT would cost 120 to get it fixed. I found a Xbox on Craigslist for 50 with no HD or cables. It is assured to work. I spoke with the gentleman he is willing to let me come to his house with cables and such to connect it and make sure it works. If so.. Great deal!
  • CVS blades (and most generic store brands) are made by American Personna. They're supposedly okay blades -- nothing special but they get the job done.
    That's how I'd describe them. Easy to procure and they get the job done.
  • Whole encounter tonight was booyah but one guy made an otter grow to the size of a mount and rode it to victory.
  • A couple of small booyah's. Got a bunch of new content posted to my grandpa's blog (warning, it's in Portuguese except for the English bio) and he's starting to get really into blogging the columns he writes for the local newspaper.

Another booyah -- he's decided that everything he posts to his blog will be Creative Commons licensed.
  • Time Delayed Boo-Yah: A couple of years back, my (now disowned) uncle gave me a bunch of DJ equip, So I finally decided to check out these two old XLR microphones that have been sitting in one of the boxes. I hook them up to my computer and discover, "Hey... These aren't half bad. Actually, one of them might actually sound better than my SM57. What exactly do I HAVE here?"

"Sennheiser MD431 Dynamic Super-Cardioid" and "University Sound US658L Dynamic Cardioid" added to inventory!

• I got a set of fine-tuners for my violin in the mail earlier today, and I fit them on my instrument with new strings, a new bridge, the whole works. After sort of guess-tuning it, I sawed out a few notes to find that this instrument has a gorgeous, wonderful, warm sound that isn't overly bright. It complements the dark, rich tone of my great-grandfather's other violin in a lovely way.
    I should be getting my great-grandfather's century old clarinet pretty soon as well. I'm having it repaired for my birthday.

I really, really love old instruments.
  • Indeed. And I'm glad to know that thy work wonderfully. Old instruments have a consistently nicer sound than new ones, imho.

Small booyah for me: After a long time of no inspiration, made another fancomic strip. Glad to know I haven't lost my touch that much
  • Went to check my grades from my last semester; hoping I didn't completely fail my math class (which is my worst subject)

Found out that I got all A's in my classes, including an A- in math. A huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.
  • I depart on my first overseas adventure in four hours!
  • edited January 2012
    One of the biggest boo-yahs of my home owning life just occurred. I received my first piece of awesome furniture. It's a Geek Chic coffee table.

We needed a coffee table and I could never find one that worked out the way we wanted, so I had this made.

Now I just need the Sultan for my dining room table.

For those wondering, it wasn't insanely expensive unless you compare it to all the other furniture in my house. I think the most expensive piece of furniture I currently have aside from that table is my bed, which my parents bought for me in college (the mattress wasn't cheap, as I recall).

It was hard to resist getting a bunch of rail accessories though. I ended up going for 2 wine glass holders and 2 cup holders.
    Post edited by SquadronROE on
  • edited January 2012
    The Sultan has a permanently recessed center. Wouldn't the Vizier make more sense for dining?

EDIT: Never mind, the Sultan comes with leaves.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I'd have to take out a bank loan for a Sultan. I'm not sure if I'm willing to make payments on furniture.
  • So I was wondering why I couldn't do google voice and video chat on my video. Turns out I hadn't updated my gApps in a while (since my phone is rooted that doesn't get updated like a normal phone). Flashed the latest apps and now I'm in business. ^_^
  • edited January 2012
    Booyah: Finally got a friend of mine to join the forum! Go say hi to her in the "Identify yourself" thread!
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I might be spending a week or two in New York again this September due to a work/play trip. I might even bring my girlfriend this time.
  • In talking to an old teacher of mine he explained that he used to play N.W.A to us in class to just prove a point. My respect for this man grows every time that I speek to him.
  • "The current programme of information and communications technology (ICT) study in England's schools will be scrapped from September, the education secretary has announced.

It will be replaced by an "open source" curriculum in computer science and programming designed with the help of universities and industry."

It's about time, but boo-yah!