This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• Cremlian said:

No I gotta give the 3 month old a knife and drop it at a base of a mountain to see if he/she is worthy.

Make sure to put one of those GPS collars on it, just in case. Also, of course, Congrats!

• Introduce her to pressing keyboard buttons and moving a mouse.
    Or get her a baby toy like an iPad Retina, it doubles as a baby wipe.
  • Rocksmith (2014 in this case) has actually improved my novice guitar playing. I'm impressed with it so far.

SO yeah, it's not going to teach me music theory, or scales, or anything, but it is definitely giving me motivation to keep toodling and practicing and improving my technique, which is pretty invaluable.
  • sK0pe said:

Introduce her to pressing keyboard buttons and moving a mouse.
    Or get her a baby toy like an iPad Retina, it doubles as a baby wipe.

I've been using Mario Paint on SNES to get my 2-year-old familiar with a mouse.

• Gail Simone said she liked my videos on Twitter! *fangirl*

I'm doing a panel with John De Lancie next month! *fangirl*
  • Viga said:

Gail Simone said she liked my videos on Twitter! *fangirl*

I'm doing a panel with John De Lancie next month! *fangirl*

Wow doing a panel with John De Lancie would be pretty awesome, what is the subject and will there be video?

This is where I live now.
  • GeoGeo
    edited February 2014
    As part of a daily retrospective in which I review every Studio Ghibli film until when The Wind Rises gets its American release date, I did something which took all my writing power and energy to write: an in-depth review/analysis of Grave of the Fireflies

Please read this you guys. I am extremely proud and I think have peaked with this article. If you like that one, please read the others and share them/leave comments.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Geo said:

I think have peaked with this article.

That's exactly what runs through my head anytime anyone praises my work.

• Churba said:

Geo said:

I think have peaked with this article.

That's exactly what runs through my head anytime anyone praises my work.

That wasn't the case with this one. Not trying to pat myself on the back, but I feel like I gave it my A-Game today. It was an extremely difficult article to write.

• edited February 2014
    Two different groups want to bid me on proposals at the same time. This is a big boost to my self-confidence.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • HOLY CRAP I HAVE POWER AGAIN! Almost a week later!! Man, that sucked.
  • Rather late to announce but I graduated on the 23rd of January with a 2:1 hons, not bad considering how crappy that last year was an despite being told that there was no point me sitting my GCSE's. Also had a wonderful night out with some friends and got thoroughly beved up.

Also a wicked board-game night coming up on Friday.
  • Double post but what the hell. After nearly a month of unemployment I got hired to day to be an assistant manager of a coffee shop. I might not sound much to most people but its a step in the direction I want to go in and a step up wage wise. Totally stoked to have gotten the job after two days of shitting bricks.
    Zibbelcoot made this awesome picture to announce that "Golsteadski Family Tactics" will acquire a new player in late summer 2014!

:D
  • OH GOD PLAYER NUMBER 4 IS A FACEHUGGER RUN!!!!11!!1!1

Congratulations! Now move your asses back to New York so we can corrupt your children.
  • Looks like spiderman to me.

Also, my run of beta luck continues - Got into the first call of the titanfall beta. Also got into the DC infinite crisis beta, but it sucked pretty bad, it's not in any way a good MOBA.
  • Churba said:

Looks like spiderman to me.

Also, my run of beta luck continues - Got into the first call of the titanfall beta. Also got into the DC infinite crisis beta, but it sucked pretty bad, it's not in any way a good MOBA.

I threw away my Infinite Crisis beta key after I got it a few months ago, as soon as I saw the game play on Twitch.

I got the Titanfall beta key today but will leave it to download overnight while I finish my newest campaign in XCOM, got to find some psychic soldiers (to complement my cyborgs and mutants)!
    (The Enemy Within DLC continues to surprise me in the many ways you can approach the game objectives.)
  • A friend of mine and Ex-forumite named a sniper for me, and later turned him into a Giant face-punching cyborg that just wrecked motherfuckers. I thought it was very sweet.

The guns feel a little funny, and the sound isn't BF3 or BF4 quality, but the movement in Titanfall feels really, really good.
  • Churba said:

I just got my email as well. I think it might be one of those 'beta's'.
  • I am also in the Titanfall beta. Robot time this weekend.
    Got my PC back up and running JUST in time. XD
  • 90 on my philosophy paper.
  • Girlfriend got off work at 4PM. ^_^
  • Had a date tonight with an awesome girl. All of my planning and logistics prep worked and the date went off without a hitch despite a few delays due to traffic. She had a great time and it ended with a kiss.
    Booh-fucking-yah.
  • Something really, really, REALLY exciting is potentially going on with the Minds of Terminus podcast (already!!) and I'm like, rocking back and forth in my chair over it... but I'm not sure I can talk about it at ALL, and I desperately need to ask advice from some experienced person but don't know of any such a person unless maybe it's Rym and Scott and even then probably not REALLY...

AUGH so frigging excited!!
  • I met Blair Crimmins today. He gave me stickers and a CD, and signed my record. I didn't get to go to his show, because it was 21+, but I ain't even mad after that.
  • muppet said:

Something really, really, REALLY exciting is potentially going on with the Minds of Terminus podcast (already!!) and I'm like, rocking back and forth in my chair over it... but I'm not sure I can talk about it at ALL, and I desperately need to ask advice from some experienced person but don't know of any such a person unless maybe it's Rym and Scott and even then probably not REALLY...

Ask Victor. He knows.

• Churba said:

muppet said:

Something really, really, REALLY exciting is potentially going on with the Minds of Terminus podcast (already!!) and I'm like, rocking back and forth in my chair over it... but I'm not sure I can talk about it at ALL, and I desperately need to ask advice from some experienced person but don't know of any such a person unless maybe it's Rym and Scott and even then probably not REALLY...

Ask Victor. He knows.
    Private message me through the forum. I'll help if I can.
  • Turns out it's slightly less exciting than I thought. Still very exciting, but turn it down a notch or two. We've been offered potential syndication on an online radio station that has... potentially a few hundred times our current subscriber base.

Mostly I'm concerned with the hows and do's and don't's of potentially going from a free, all volunteer podcast to a free, mostly volunteer podcast with a trickle of ad revenue. There are like, a billion ways (or so it seems to me) to screw this up and alienate somebody or create tax issues or...

I'm getting ahead of myself, but EXCITED.
  • At Challenge training for a month as a claims assistant/file clerk. From what I've seen so far, it very chill. So chill. Right now myself and colleagues are waiting for full computer access.