This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• Third day here and my colleagues and I don't have full access to start shipping and processing files. So we're told to just sit here. Most of my colleagues are antsy wanting something to do. Me and another dude (who is awesome because he's also a board gamer and brought 7 Wonders) are reading on our tablets, not even worried.

It always amuses me on how some people don't know what to do with idle time.
  • Rochelle said:

Third day here and my colleagues and I don't have full access to start shipping and processing files. So we're told to just sit here. Most of my colleagues are antsy wanting something to do. Me and another dude (who is awesome because he's also a board gamer and brought 7 Wonders) are reading on our tablets, not even worried.

It always amuses me on how some people don't know what to do with idle time.

You're assuming that these are people who are used to such a thing as "Idle time".
  • I got an award for Continious Improvment at work!!!
  • Went from 4 hours a week to 20. Also got a fitty-cent-raise. Pretty sure it's because 14 is easier to math than 13.50, but dun care!

Now to begin Operation Organize This Office So Shit Can Be Found While Learning How To Lawyer!
  • Nuri said:

Went from 4 hours a week to 20. Also got a fitty-cent-raise. Pretty sure it's because 14 is easier to math than 13.50, but dun care!

Now to begin Operation Organize This Office So Shit Can Be Found While Learning How To Lawyer!

!!!!!
  • Nuri said:

Went from 4 hours a week to 20. Also got a fitty-cent-raise. Pretty sure it's because 14 is easier to math than 13.50, but dun care!

!!!!!
    Nepotism FTW!

Apparently my stepmom has a cousin who lawyers in Latham. A 20-minute drive from our house. (We just realized this over the winter vacation.) His former law clerk's last day was the 20th, so now I'm doing that.

• Awesome, Nuri! Be the best at clerking so you can then be the best at Lawyering!
  • Neopotism one of those things you hate until it benefits you.
  • I have no problem with nepotism as long as the person you hire to do the job is qualified. It's when you hire an idiot because he/she is family that you get into trouble.
  • Nuri said:

I have no problem with nepotism as long as the person you hire to do the job is qualified. It's when you hire an idiot because he/she is family that you get into trouble.

Is nepotism still cool if a person well liked by other employees and has good working habits is replaced by an average qualified slacker who will keep their job because the owner of the entire group is the person's Dad?
  • sK0pe said:

Nuri said:

I have no problem with nepotism as long as the person you hire to do the job is qualified. It's when you hire an idiot because he/she is family that you get into trouble.

Is nepotism still cool if a person well liked by other employees and has good working habits is replaced by an average qualified slacker who will keep their job because the owner of the entire group is the person's Dad?
    My definition of qualified includes "will actually do the job." Everyone else's definition should include that as well.

• One of my job applications got a response! I've got an interview for this week!
  • That's awesome Greg!
  • Hotel sponsored VA meet and greet. OPEN. FUCKING. BAR.
  • Rochelle said:

Hotel sponsored VA meet and greet. OPEN. FUCKING. BAR.

LOOK AT THIS OBNOXIOUS WASTE OF TAXPAYER MONEY!! OBAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• Nope. Paid by hotel due to VA having big contract with them, 3rd glass of wine, bishes.
  • $6 at Goodwill, well worth it for something to learn basics on.
  • ....does it take FILM?
  • The camera was 200GBP a few years ago. Found the flash gun at goodwill. I see them on sale some times but often the battery compartment is missing it's cover or filled with acid gunk.

This one is in good shape and works fine. Need to get some XX Eneloops or similar to keep it fed with batteries.
  • edited February 2014
    So, this happened, and while nothing will probably come of it (because I'm in high school, don't have any proper work experience, and no degree), I'm honoured. image
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • Honored by recruiter spam? I give it a week, and then you'll be as sick of it as everyone else.
  • edited February 2014
    Playing NS2 is magic some times. Playing combat I was able to coach the team to shut down a tactic the enemy was using and how the marines should play very conservatively early game. Seeing the teamwork emerge and how it wrecked the enemy was glorious.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Nuri said:

...And today he asked if there was any way I could work full time. Um, let me think about that a minute YES YES I CAN WORK FULL TIME.

• Yay! Jorbs. Monies. All that stuff.
  • GeoGeo
    edited March 2014
    I got a paid job as a film blogger (who makes lists) on Filmonic! Starting salary is 8 bucks a list with promises to raise my salary based on my performance. I have been trying to get a job for years... and now I have one... doing something I love. I am so happy!
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Got an email from my boss letting me know that I got selected for the promotion I've been trying to get for a few years now. So happy and excited. There is a good chance I'll be coming back to Baltimore again for a month in the near future!

• For the the first time, a publication of mine has been published on a professional blog and I have been paid for it.

• Two things.

People are actually tweeting about my article

Felipe Smith of Peepo Choo (which I put on the list) hit me up when I tweeted the article to him (not expecting a response at all).

Holy crap things have tipped for me so fast in not even a day.