This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• edited November 2009
    RIT has a piss poor arcade.
    Where was this? I don't think it exists anymore. I listened to your "College Dorm Stories" episode a few weeks ago, and a lot of things have changed, particularly the tunnels.
    Anyone want to get brunch the Sunday after break (Dec. 6th)?
    Sure. Actually, how about this Sunday? I'm getting back Saturday afternoon.

Also: Just wanted to plug RIT Skeptics, we're always looking for more members.
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
  • I finally finished my senior capstone paper, which is a giant rambling of convincing whoever will be reading it that my major might have some kind of significance in my future, and that it is superior and awesome in every way (even if I didn't actually feel this way). Phew!
  • Where was this? I don't think it exists anymore. I listened to your "College Dorm Stories" episode a few weeks ago, and a lot of things have changed, particularly the tunnels.
    Yeah, I'm not sure the UR arcade exists anymore either. I know they recently renovated the part of campus where it was, and now I think they have pool tables, but no awesome arcade. The tunnels at RIT seem much simpler now, but that might be because things are blocked off. I shall endeavor to explore. The under-tunnels (under the open tunnels) at UR are fantastic.
    Actually, how about this Sunday? I'm getting back Saturday afternoon.
    I'm driving down to NYC (Well, Saugerties) Thursday morning, and driving back sometime Sunday. I'm not sure I'd make it. If I do, I'll let you know.
  • I listened to your "College Dorm Stories" episode a few weeks ago, and a lot of things have changed, particularly the tunnels.
    Yeah. Those stories should carry a caveat: we've been out of RIT longer than we were in RIT.
  • I'm in Utica, NY right now to visit the family for Thanksgiving, and I got a surprise. I met my newborn baby 2nd cousin, and he is the most adorable thing in the world.
  • My family has been invited to eat Thanksgiving dinner at a good friend's house. This good friend also happens to be a professional chef currently employed at an upscale restaurant. Boo yah.
  • Make out with art girls
    Very yes.
    This is something I would like to add to my college experience.
  • You can kiss art girls at any university. Deaf girls, on the other hand... :P Kidding!
  • You can kiss art girls at any university.
    One can kiss art girls at any University. You? That really depends.
  • You can kiss art girls at any university.
    Onecan kiss art girls at any University. You? That really depends.
    Fair enough. I stand corrected.
  • edited November 2009
    You can kiss art girls at any university.
    Onecan kiss art girls at any University. You? That really depends.
    I'm confident in my abilities, I just have no idea how to find them and proceed from conversation to the kissings, as it were. Yes, I am 18 and have basically zero relationship experience. I have cousins who are freshmen in high school on the cusp of passing me up. My solution is to fill notebooks with sketches and story ideas and attempt to ignore just how much it bothers me.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • My solution is to fill notebooks with sketches and story ideas and attempt to ignore just how much it bothers me.
    Lacking access to alcohol, we drown our sorrows in creative expression.
  • Lacking access to alcohol, we drown our sorrows in creative expression.
    Quite. Although, one can be a regular Hemmingway on campus; however, on a return home, one must become a Thoreau.
  • Lacking access to alcohol, we drown our sorrows in creative expression.
    Oh how life changes when you can buy booze.
  • Full of delicious food.
  • As I was making a last minute pre-dinner trip to the store, I randomly decided to get hot sauce. My house always has hot sauce, but I had this weird feeling I should buy some. And of course when I got home, my dad exclaims, "Wow you bought hot sauce! We ran out." Now I can have my delicious annual spicy turkey. Mmmmm.
  • Spicy is always good on poultry
  • My house always has hot sauce, but I had this weird feeling I should buy some. And of course when I got home, my dad exclaims, "Wow you bought hot sauce! We ran out."
    Therefore, God exists.
  • I just finished The Warrior-Prophet by R. Scott Bakker. While I thought the first book in the Prince of Nothing series was pretty good, this one I enjoyed a whole lot more. I wasn't sure if the FRC's love of this series was down to hype… it really isn't!
  • My house always has hot sauce, but I had this weird feeling I should buy some. And of course when I got home, my dad exclaims, "Wow you bought hot sauce! We ran out."
    Therefore, God exists.
    See? I was right. See how easy that was?
  • Axel, you just made my day. You and cornbread.
  • Axel, you just made my day. You and cornbread.
    What can I say? I hear God on these forums and I come running with my God-stick to beat down some heathens!
  • What can I say? I hear God on these forums and I come running with my God-stick to beat down some heathens!
    Oh man, that sounds like the plot to a religious blaxploitation movie.
  • So god stepped in to make sure Lyddi bought hot sauce...

God has his priorities all weird. ~_^
  • God has his priorities all weird.
    Hot sauce is important shit. Did you ever read the Bible? It's very clear.

1. Thou shalt not worship any gods before me, for I am the Lord.
    2. Thou shalt always have hot sauce.
  • How does this prove that God exists? If anything it proves that she's psychic.
  • How does this prove that God exists? If anything it proves that she's psychic.
    And who do you think is the dispenser of psychic abilities? Heathen...
    Obviously the Devil \o/
  • I lol'ed at this hot sauce conversation.
    Obviously the Devil \o/
    Exactly, and if the devil exists, then so must God. So simple...