This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• edited March 2010
    I wore long pants to school today for the first time since sixth grade.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I wore long pants to school today for the first time since sixth grade.
    Sometimes I forget that cold weather forgot your corner of the country.
  • Found awesome books on dadaism and Futurism at Politics and Prose. I love that bookstore.
  • JayJay
    edited March 2010
    Just got employed by a major producer of vaccines as a Junior Project Engineer. Very good pay but no benefits. Balances out. Better then being unemployed.

My best friend also just got employed by the armed forces as a chef. After 3 months of work he got a pay hike to equal what my pay will be and he has all the government benefits. I want to be happy for him but part of me is so annoyed the guy basically goofed off and spent his rich parents money for 4 years on a drug fest while failing any program he entered and continuously changing his major. Decided to get a cooking degree which is a 1 year course, and now is rolling in money. He got into a very good cooking program that he normally wouldn't have been able to, but his grandmother had some connections. From there it was all gravy through connections. Truly, it is about who you know. (Or at least having the right connections make things a whole lot easier) Though, he does make me excellent food every week now, and having better off friends only makes my life better as well. So I shouldn't be resentful of his success. Now to go eat the muffins he dropped off yesterday.
    Post edited by Jay on
  • I wore long pants to school today for the first time since sixth grade.
    Sometimes I forget that cold weather forgot your corner of the country.
    Except in the morning, when it can get quite woman.

Sail, you should get into a habit of wearing long pants. They protect and keep your legs warm, offer greater options in pockets, come in a variety of colors and fabrics, and are generally better.
  • edited March 2010
    They protect and keep your legs warm, offer greater options in pockets, come in a variety of colors and fabrics, and are generally better.
    Shorts really can do all of that aside from keep your legs warm, which is often not what you want. I barely ever wore long pants all through high school -- even in the mornings.
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • It snowed here for a bit yesterday and didn't keep. This morning it was cold as woman. I could barely get my car door to open because it was so woman.

Boo. I'm ready to get a pedicure and sport my gladiator sandals with my roll up cuff jeans.
  • I barely ever wore long pants all through high school -- even in the mornings.
    I wore shorts in the dead of winter at RIT. Multiple feet of snow on the ground. Ball-freezing temperatures. I was in shorts.

Goddamn Californians.
  • I barely ever wore long pants all through high school -- even in the mornings.
    I wore shorts in the dead of winter at RIT. Multiple feet of snow on the ground. Ball-freezing temperatures. I was in shorts.

Goddamn Californians.
    This reminds me of the Hawaiians I would see during winters in Spokane. Five or more layers on the torso, but still walking the snow-swept walkways in shorts and flip-flops.
  • Multiple feet of snow on the ground. Ball-freezing temperatures. I was in shorts.
    Yeah, I wore shorts on my Massachusetts and NY trips. Problem is, I've gone soft or something. My legs were never a part of my body where the cold really bothered me until very recently. I'd be wearing a jacket or two, but remain in shorts.
  • Problem is, I've gone soft or something.
    Yeah, I sort of have too. I actually feel cold at single digit air temperatures now. Used to take subzero temperatures before I said, "Fuck, it's cold."
  • Yeah, I sort of have too. I actually feel cold at single digit air temperatures now. Used to take subzero temperatures before I said, "Fuck, it's cold."
    You are losing your burning passion!
  • Yeah, I sort of have too. I actually feel cold at single digit air temperatures now. Used to take subzero temperatures before I said, "Fuck, it's cold."
    You are losing your burning passion!
    The key to keeping your ability to handle cold is to maintain a sense of smug superiority about those around you.

IE: "Hah! You weak little Californians. I laugh at you and your thick coats and boots in 60 degree weather. Why, Back in New England, we would walk to school in nearly 4 feet of snow. At 8 Degrees. Without Boots. And only a sweater. We wouldn't see the ground for months AND WE WERE BETTER FOR IT! Tell me it's cold when we start hitting single digits."

I've been here two years, and winter here is nothing but a mere inconveniance in that, occasionally, I must wear a light windbreaker.
  • I wore shorts in the dead of winter at RIT. Multiple feet of snow on the ground. Ball-freezing temperatures. I was in shorts.
    And yet you can't handle the temperature of my hands? Hmm, something doesn't add up here...
  • And yet you can't handle the temperature of my hands? Hmm, something doesn't add up here...
    Your hands defy the laws of physics. They're actually colder than absolute zero. Kelvin was wrong; we need to reset the scale based on the average temperature of your hands.
  • Your hands defy the laws of physics. They're actually colder than absolute zero. Kelvin was wrong; we need to reset the scale based on the average temperature of your hands.
    Use the zero-point energy from her hands to power electric mittens.
  • I wore nothing but pants all throughout high school because we weren't allowed to wear "short" shorts. This meant the length had to be past your fingertips. Not only was it too hard to find trendy-ish shorts that fit this rule, but you were a dork if wore them. Many girls (cheerleader-type) got away with wearing illegal shorts, but poor nerdy me couldn't. Thus the pants. If only Burmuda shots had been popular 4 years earlier...
  • Many girls (cheerleader-type) got away with wearing illegal shorts, but poor nerdy me couldn't.
    They were probably all bangin the principal or something. Be proud of your moral superiority.
  • Use the zero-point energy from her hands to power electric mittens.
    Wait, if you then used those mittens to warm her hands...
  • Wait, if you then used those mittens to warm her hands...
    That's right...free energy.
  • ...the length had to be past your fingertips... Many girls (cheerleader-type) got away with wearing illegal shorts...
    Maybe they all just had really stubby arms???
  • I got a 94% on my first singing test. OH YEAH.
  • edited March 2010
    I got a 94% on my first singing test. OH YEAH.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I got a 94% on my first singing test. OH YEAH.
    You are taking voice lessons?
  • Unless your singing test was this, you fail.
  • edited March 2010
    I got a 94% on my first singing test. OH YEAH.
    You are taking voice lessons?
    Not exactly, it's a general musicianship and aural training class. Unless you have perfect pitch, being able to sing intervals is essential for developing better pitch recognition. The goal being that eventually you get to the point where you can hear a melody, replay it in your head, and then write it down.

Doing so well was just a big victory for me because I am such a stupendously awful singer that I've been drilling myself constantly on scales and sight-singing for the past week, and it paid off ^_^
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Unless your singing test was this, you fail.
    Also acceptable:
  • Also acceptable:
    Gilbert and Sullivan is ALWAYS acceptable.

It's all about that hilarious poke at at the Pinafore.
  • Also acceptable:
    Double acceptable:
  • I have completely replaced the suspension on my SAAB, it has improved the ride and handling vastly.