This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• Salt water taffy!
    Want! Share!
  • After only half a month of waiting here with an unusable computer, new G.Skill RAM arrived. My machine lives, the mobo isn't zapped!

Although, Windows is being a bitch about booting.
  • I just snuck up on a feral cat in my backyard. He was at the edge of the patio, about 10 feet away, and the door was open. He was looking the other way, so I crept up real slowly, as quietly as I could. I got close enough that I could've touched him, when he slowly turned his head, saw me, and bolted.
  • I just snuck up on a feral cat in my backyard. He was at the edge of the patio, about 10 feet away, and the door was open. He was looking the other way, so I crept up real slowly, as quietly as I could. I got close enough that I could've touched him, when he slowly turned his head, saw me, and bolted.
    Muahahaha, sneaking up on cats is fun because they are always so surprised.
  • Muahahaha, sneaking up on cats is fun because they are always so surprised.
    Yes! This was actually the first time I've done it, though. I felt pretty accomplished, because I figure cats have gotta be pretty hard to sneak up on. But it wasn't as good as the time I chased a cat through an empty parking lot on a skateboard. He was running as fast as he could, I was right behind him, and he kept looking back with this panicked look, like "how the fuck is it going so fast?!"
  • I am currently in Milwaukee for the NCAA tournament (with the GT pep band), and I am at one of those hotels that makes you pay for internet. When someone told me the lobby was free, I went down and checked my email and stuff for awhile. When I came back to the room, I noticed that I was still connected. I can even switch around to several of the hotel's different routers, and it still lets me connect, even though before it asked me to pay them. I got free internet access on accident! Yay!
  • I "attended" a "webinar" with Dave Gibbons demonstrating Manga Studio. It was little more than a product pitch, but it turns out that it was worth it, as I've apparently won a copy of Manga Studio EX 4 signed by Mr. Gibbons. w00t!

Mmm. My 1/2 free corned beef sammich. Nothing like getting a discount for just sending a compliment or kind word on a service.
  • Mmm. My 1/2 free corned beef sammich. Nothing like getting a discount for just sending a compliment or kind word on a service.
    If only the place wasn't all the way down in Tacoma, I would definitely want to try the place out.
  • There's a BA strike, right? Which means that now I'm flying from Berlin direct to Doha and then on to Cochin, rather than Berlin to Heathrow to Doha to Cochin. It means I can get up 5 hours later on Sunday, and have one less flight.
  • Yay Luke! I love when last minute flight changes actually work out for the better. They so rarely do.
  • There's a BA strike, right? Which means that now I'm flying from Berlin direct to Doha and then on to Cochin, rather than Berlin to Heathrow to Doha to Cochin. It means I can get up 5 hours later on Sunday, and have one less flight.
    Yes and no. There is a strike, but there are still BA flights going on, because they've trained ground staff, pilots, and pretty much anyone with the requisite number of arms and legs with two halves of a brain cell to rub together as a temporary replacement.
    Yes and no. There is a strike, but there are still BA flights going on, because they've trained ground staff, pilots, and pretty much anyone with the requisite number of arms and legs with two halves of a brain cell to rub together as a temporary replacement.
    The first I knew about the strike was when I got the email saying my flights had changed. I've no idea about who or why or how long.
  • The first I knew about the strike was when I got the email saying my flights had changed. I've no idea about who or why or how long.
    It's mostly the FAs being treated like shit - For example, they were asked to Work a month for free to help the company, which many did, which was immediately followed by the board of directors getting a pay and bonuses rise.
  • The first I knew about the strike was when I got the email saying my flights had changed. I've no idea about who or why or how long.
    It's mostly the FAs being treated like shit - For example, they were asked to Work a month for free to help the company, which many did, which was immediately followed by the board of directors getting a pay and bonuses rise.
    Awesome!
  • I've finally got round to finishing the "first" episode of a new podcast, and scheduling the release of the dozen or so episodes I've already recorded. I could have done this weeks ago, but I've been concentrating on other projects while at home.
  • edited March 2010
    Run 5 miles while listening to Stravinsky's Firebird <3
    I was about to cry from happiness :D
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • edited March 2010
    If approved, the initiative would allow those 21 years and older to possess up to one ounce of marijuana, enough to roll several marijuana cigarettes. Residents also could cultivate the plant in limited quantities.

The proposal would ban users from ingesting marijuana in public or smoking it while minors are present. It also would make it illegal to possess the drug on school grounds or drive while under its influence.
    That all seems pretty reasonable. An oz is a good cutoff point. More than that and you're pretty likely to be selling it, rather than consuming it personally.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • Marijuana legalization will be on the California ballot this year.
    If it goes through, Napa Valley is going to be known for a hell of a lot more than Merlot.
  • I'm almost entirely moved into my new apartment! When I get back from PAX, the power will be on, and I can start living there!
  • Woo, Demonoid views me as a worthy enough member to bestow upon me 5 whole invite codes!

On a related note, anyone want a Demonoid invite code? Whisper me or something.
  • I also have Demonoid invite codes.
  • For the past several months, I've been saying "I should order some comics." Today I finally got on InStockTrades and did it. I got the following:

-Hellboy Library Vol 1 (This month's major splurge)
    -Akira Vol 1
    -20th Century Boys Vol 1
    -Pluto Vol 1
    -100 Bullets Vol 4
    -Y: The Last Man Vol 9
    -Unwritten Vol 1
    -Atomic Robo Vol 1

Awwwwwwwwwwwww Yeah.
  • @WindUpBird -- those are some good choices. Enjoy. :)
  • edited March 2010
    @WindUpBird. Agreed, great choices. Especially Y: The Last Man (Finished reading that 2 days ago)

Boo-Yah: Invented my owned mixed drink called "The Jacked Up Slut." 1 Part Jack Daniels, 1 Part Lime Rum, 3 Parts Peach-White Grape Juice. Delicious.

Going to try and invent more.
    Post edited by Nukerjsr on
  • I really need to get around to reading Atomic Robo. The FCBD sample was hilarious.
  • I slept in my own bed last night. Yeah, suck it people who are spending all week in Boston. :P