This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• I finally bought new pants. I've lost a lot of weight in the past few months, and I have lost 3 or 4 pants sizes since the last time I bought pants (about a year ago). It feels great to have pants that don't fall off my ass whenever I'm not wearing a belt!
    Also, my sister gave me a pink DS lite for a late Christmas/Birthday present. It's awesome, but the only game I have currently is Cooking Mama.
  • I finally bought new pants. I've lost a lot of weight in the past few months, and I have lost 3 or 4 pants sizes since the last time I bought pants (about a year ago). It feels great to have pants that don't fall off my ass whenever I'm not wearing a belt!
    congrats, I'm starting to have this situation as well as I progress through my half-marathon training.
  • congrats, I'm starting to have this situation as well as I progress through my half-marathon training.
    My sister was recently complaining about this. She overshot her diet goals, and now the pants she wanted to fit into are too big.
  • We have a Subversion repository. We're kicking IBM Rational Suite to the curb! And the town's people rejoiced.
  • We have a Subversion repository. We're kicking IBM Rational Suite to the curb! And the town's people rejoiced.
    Get with Git. ~_^
  • edited March 2010
    Get with Git. ~_^
    1) We use Windows, making Git a hassle.
    2) Our development team is quite small, making the advantages of Git over Subversion minimal.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • We use Tortoise SVN at work
  • congrats, I'm starting to have this situation as well as I progress through my half-marathon training.
    Thanks! And congrats to you as well!
    My sister was recentlycomplainingabout this. She overshot her diet goals, and now the pants she wanted to fit into are too big.
    I can't understand complaining about that. The only time I complain about weight loss is when I just don't have any clothes that fit, which has been my predicament lately.
  • edited March 2010
    I can't understand complaining about that. The only time I complain about weight loss is when I just don't have any clothes that fit, which has been my predicament lately.
    It was more tongue-in-cheek complaining about how she's never really satisfied with anything. Lose a bunch of weight but have to buy a whole new wardrobe. She was being more sarcastic than anything else.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • It was more tongue-in-cheek complaining about how she's never really satisfied with anything. Lose a bunch ofweightbut have to buy a whole new wardrobe. She was being more sarcastic than anything else.
    And then when you buy the new wardrobe you gain the weight back and it doesn't fit again!
  • My sister was recentlycomplainingabout this. She overshot her diet goals, and now the pants she wanted to fit into are too big.
    Same here. However, I think the best part of my recent weight loss (40-50lbs and counting) has been gaining the ability to buy fashionable jeans and shop at places that carry my ridiculously long inseam without deciding that said inseam only applies to tremendously heavy men. Also, the fact that if I go out to eat and I have my fill, I don't have to feel any lingering guilt.

Losing weight is pretty much awesome. I can't wait for spring to get into full effect so I can get my bike out and start working on slacklining and parkour, now that, y'know, no more excess weight.
  • Losing weight is pretty much awesome. I can't wait for spring to get into full effect so I can get my bike out and start working on slacklining and parkour, now that, y'know, no more excess weight.
    Awesome. It was after my weight-loss of about 60 pounds that I started muay thai. I was like, well, I'm in shape now, better do something with it.
  • Just curious, WindUpBird, what did you change about your diet/exercise?
  • edited March 2010
    Just curious, WindUpBird, what did you change about your diet/exercise?
    I started college at a walking campus (I cover at least 3 miles on foot on a class day), cut all snacks and most soda out of my diet, and it just so happens that the food service in my dorm is so awful I rarely eat there. When I do get food in the dining hall, I try and control my portion sizes, balance my choices (as much as possible, at least, when everything is greasy), and I avoid deserts or obviously fried/heavily salted things. I want to start working out in the fitness center here, as I need to get some running and cycling endurance, as well as muscle mass, built up. At home, my choices sort of carry over; I only eat healthy snacks (pepitas and raw nuts FTW), and I try not to drink soda, with the exception of ginger beer and some out-there gourmet stuff. I also learned to eat salad, which was always something that plagued me. However, I found that a Japanese ginger dressing makes for one excellent salad--still can't stand tomatoes, though.

It keeps getting better. I'm more energetic, I'm really into learning how to cook healthy (and delicious--Spanish and Asian cuisine loves this) meals for myself, and there's all sorts of stuff I can do that I wouldn't have done before, either because being a chubster prevented it outright (you can't run parkour when you're overweight) or because I would have just been straight-up embarrassed. The one "downside" is having to slowly replace all of my clothes, but that's a lot more fun than it is a burden.

The next step is getting something like this so that I can stop having to find places to eat for lunch.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I bought myself a new bike. http://twitpic.com/18qsyu
  • I'm interviewing Kyle Hebert tonight!
  • I started my new job today, rather than next week!
  • I'm interviewing Kyle Hebert tonight!
    Sweet, he is an awesome dude. Very personable, and a total geek.
  • I bought myself a new bike.http://twitpic.com/18qsyu
    Model? I'm in the market, and Giant is really far up on my list. I want a Trek, but they're a lot pricier than comparably-equipped Giant and Specialized bikes.
  • I gave my two week notice today!
    ^_^
  • Phew. I worked nearly 15 hours straight today. Not bad for a day's work. Within a week I will be a Drupal master!
  • I stole Starfox's bike. http://twitpic.com/18qsyu
    It's a good one.
  • It's a good one.
    Same question: What model is that?
  • Upon further inspection, mine's not exactly the same. It doesn't have a front suspension, for example. I have a FCR3, however.
  • Upon further inspection, mine's not exactly the same. It doesn't have a front suspension, for example. I have a FCR3, however.
    They seem to have discontinued it. I'll either go with the Sedona DX and put new brakes on it, get a Bad Boy from Cannondale, or a CrossTrail from Specialized.
  • It's a Giant Tourer CS2. It's in the "lifestyle" range of bikes.
  • I've been catching up on my taxes and accounting from last year. It seemed I earned about 20,000 euro more than I did in 2008. Now I just have to work out how much money I spent...
  • I've pointed out the no-true-scotsman fallacy in arguing with people other than on this forum.
  • Salt water taffy!