This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• Awwww, I thought you'd spent money on me.
  • Awwww, I thought you'd spent money on me.
    I spend quite a lot of money on my lack of cheese, are you my lack of cheese? If so; I hate you, you make me hungry!
  • I can be yours, if you want me to ^_~
  • I can be yours, if you want me to ^_~
    Just let him do some physics that involves explosions.
  • father in-law's 17 1/2 birthday!
    This is the part that's confusing me. The only thing I can guess is that your father-in-law was born on the 29th of February?
  • father in-law's 17 1/2 birthday!
    This is the part that's confusing me. The only thing I can guess is that your father-in-law was born on the 29th of February?
  • Got a nice little .22 rifle today.
  • Got a nice little .22 rifle today.
    Ruger 10/22?
  • Ruger 10/22?
    Marlin Glenfield Mod 25.
  • I'm going to spend the day sitting on the sofa with my laptop while watching Odoru Daisousassen.
  • I finally, FINALLY have a government-issued photo ID. Current benefits include personal college checking and savings accounts, and proving my age for R-rated movies (read: late night Rocky Horror Picture Showings). Yessss
  • Marlin Glenfield Mod 25.
    The first gun I ever fired was a lever-action Marlin .22; a Golden 39A, I think. A great gun for target shooting.
  • edited March 2010
    Yesterday, rather than studying, I spent like two hours on TVtropes.org (don't ever visit that site, you may never return), about three hours watching the Hockey finals and a lot of time with various other things completely unrelated to the exam (oral exam on the history of the Alps-Adria Region from the start of human history there up to about 1500 CE). Still got an A :)

For those who don't know, the Alps-Adria-Region is southern Austria (carinthia were I live and souther Styria), Slovenia, Northeast Italy and parts of northern Croatia. And yes, that stuff had a lot of Roman history included.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • I left a blizzard, spent 10 hours on various planes and in various airports, then managed to make my friend's party on time! Oh, and not a personal boo yah, but a homeless friend of mine in Berkeley is still alive, and back in school. I'm really happy for him.
  • I left a blizzard, spent 10 hours on various planes and in various airports, then managed to make my friend's party on time! Oh, and not a personal boo yah, but a homeless friend of mine in Berkeley is still alive, and back in school. I'm really happy for him.
    I'd say that is a Boo Yah for humanity itself :D
  • Dropped a class that was unnecessary, and in doing so, gained HOURS to focus on Calculus and Chemistry, get my GPA up, and get myself on the Premed track. I will still finish the year with 18 hours per semester due to AP/ACT credit and the like, and no need to take a summer course. Also, this class was giving me some trouble, so the moment I dropped it, I could *feel* the stress dissolve.

If this isn't a booh yah, I don't know what is.
  • I successfully transformed a pGLO plasmid (Ampicillin resistance with Green Florescent Protien marker) with an E. Coli culture. Next up, steal Pete's job.
  • edited March 2010
    plasmid
    Oh Shit.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I successfully transformed a pGLO plasmid (Ampicillin resistance with Green Florescent Protien marker) with anE. Coliculture.
    Can you fire bees out of your hand now?
  • Can you fire bees out of your hand now?
    I find it amazing that the most useless Plasmid in the first game, became the absolute best one in the second.
  • I successfully transformed a pGLO plasmid (Ampicillin resistance with Green Florescent Protien marker) with anE. Coliculture. Next up, steal Pete's job.
    Get back to me when you're an expert at isolating and characterizing Campylobacter. I'll think about starting to worry then. :)
  • I successfully transformed a pGLO plasmid (Ampicillin resistance with Green Florescent Protien marker) with anE. Coliculture. Next up, steal Pete's job.
    Get back to me when you're an expert at isolating and characterizingCampylobacter. I'll think about starting to worry then. :)
    I was going to say, I was doing pGLO transformations in high school.
  • I believe I just received a serious offer to do a guest lecture for the Environmental Health class during the coming Fall semester at the Albany School of Public Health.

There is much planning that needs to happen to get this to be a reality, but if it happens, it'll be really fucking cool.
  • Just got some prominent auburn highlights in my hair, and they look really good.
  • Just saw Jon Stewart live stand-up in Atlantic City... All I can say is it was totally awesome.
  • Just saw Jon Stewart live stand-up in Atlantic City... All I can say is it was totally awesome.
    That is awesome, Scott. I am glad you had fun! ^_^
  • Played combat tonight. Sucked at the start, due to cold hands and tiredness, but rocked out by winning all the team games. In the final game I lost to Alex, a young juggler who has obviously been practicing far more than I have.
    That is awesome, Scott. I am glad you had fun! ^_^
    Ditto. You lucky person, you.
  • Summer internship in Albany, doing all the things I wanted to do for my internship. That includes working with the state legislature, state regulatory agencies, and non-profit environmental groups on energy and climate change issues. Plus, I am working for a center run by my school, so I can continue working with them during my second year (assuming I don't fail out!). BOOH YAH!
  • Summer internship in Albany
    This is also a boo yah for me. <333333333