This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• Besides, I really don't care if he's an asshole or not. His role in my life is extremely comparable to that of Carl Sagan for a lot of people here. I grew up with his show and it got me interested in science. Asshole or not, he will no doubt have some interesting things to say.
    Same here. I wouldn't care if he told me to eat shit and die -- He still taught me that inertia is a property of matter.
  • I just remembered that there is an SGU with an interview with him.
  • Just found out that the Professor finally gave out the results of my Probability Theory course. Got a B :)
  • Things are shaping up to where I might be getting paid to get a PhD in Robotics...
  • Things are shaping up to where I might be getting paid to get a PhD in Robotics...
    Tell me.. have you ever had androids come back from the future and try to kill you?
  • I now have a John Lasseter-esque Hawaiian shirt. It's awesome.
  • Got Dungeon Keeper running under DosBox in windows 7.
  • GeoGeo
    edited April 2010
    I've got a place to stay during Otakon. This wouldn't be Booh-Yah worthy if not for the fact that it was Li_Akahi who offered it to me. I worked out all the details with my parents, and I've accepted. Apparently there will be about 5 other people staying in the same room as well (one of which is another forumite: Anrild). I'm totally fine with that.
    I now have a John Lasseter-esque Hawaiian shirt. It's awesome.
    Pics of this apparently awesome shirt?
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited April 2010
    Hey guys. I don't post here that often, but I just need to tell the world of my achievement! :)

I've been trying to do a 360 on my mountainboard for a while having always landed face first. I took the opportunity of my riding buddy going on holiday for a week to really go for it.
    Post edited by bees knees on
  • That last one looked like it hurt.
  • A Three Pronged Boo-ya.
    1) Went to Sakura con, my first anime convention!
    2) Found a Yoshitoshi ABe Serial Experiments Lain artbook for $10!
    3) All of Macross (AnimeEigo's release) for $30!
  • edited April 2010
    1) Went to Sakura con, my first anime convention!
    Grats. I always intend to go, but PAX > Sakura Con.

As for my boo-yah, the local Hollywood Video was closing down, so I took advantage of their going out of business sale:

The Sky Crawlers Blu Ray: $15
    Paprika: $7
    Moon: $7
    Tezuka's Jungle Emperor Leo: $7
    Boom Blox: Bash Party: $20
    Post edited by Rochelle on

• Tezuka's Jungle Emperor Leo: $7
    Don't forget to buy extra tissues for that one ;(
  • So I checked my PO box today and found a little something from the Washington State Department of Licensing. I has a company. I feel all legit now.
  • 1) Went to Sakura con, my first anime convention!
    Grats. I always intend to go, but PAX > Sakura Con.

As for my boo-yah, the local Hollywood Video was closing down, so I took advantage of their going out of business sale:

The Sky Crawlers Blu Ray: $15
    Paprika: $7
    Moon: $7
    Tezuka's Jungle Emperor Leo: $7
    Boom Blox: Bash Party: $20
    You win.
  • Although it will be only the English supporting England in the World Cup, the rest of the British Expats will be supporting the team we are playing because they are too shit to get to the world cup.
    I didn't understand that at all.
    The English ex pats will be supporting England. The other British ex pats will be supporting whoever the English are playing, doesn't matter who it is, they will want England to lose.
  • Fail: My campus is shut down due to an armed robbery up the street from me.
    Boo-yah: my test later today appears to be delayed, and further made completely optional.
  • Fail: My campus is shut down due to an armed robbery up the street from me.
    Boo-yah: my test later today appears to be delayed, and further made completely optional.
    Are you from RPI?
  • I converted all of the music on my iPod to the AAC format and changed 13 gigs of music into about 8 and a half. It's bizarre seeing so much free space on the Admiral's capacity bar.
  • edited April 2010
    Yay!New shoes!
    Handbag? Handbag.

Naww. I'm just kidding you cause I will never have nice shoes.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Yay! New shoes!
    Damn, and here I am about to put my boots away for the year.
  • edited April 2010
    Yay!New shoes!
    Handbag? Handbag.

Naww. I'm just kidding you cause I will never have nice shoes.
    Does the punk rock-ness of the shoes cancel out the +30 camp way I told you about them?
    Post edited by ElJoe0 on
  • Does the punk rock-ness of the shoes cancel out the +30 camp of the way I told you about them?
    The 1940 is not amused.
  • Are you from RPI?
    Nope, I'm from Houston. I do go to school at RPI currently though, and greatly enjoy hiding from grand larcenists.
  • edited April 2010
    @ElJoel0: Your new shoes are awesome :D
    By the way are these the new Doctor's shoes?
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • I now have a John Lasseter-esque Hawaiian shirt. It's awesome.
    Pics of this apparently awesome shirt?
    Ask and ye shall receive:
  • Who has a new job?
    My husband does! ^_^
  • Who has a new job?
    My husband does! ^_^
    Woo! You the man, Mister Macross!
  • Who has a new job?
    My husband does! ^_^
    Yeah! Is it school-related?