This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• Went to give NeoTokyo another try after several months, I ended up winning the third round I played in a 2v2 when both enemy players, in independent instances, walked directly in front of me while facing the other way, failing to spot the my rather conspicuous, heavily armored, unstealthed ass.

• For some reason, I find the Obama hater incredibly amusing in that video. :D
  • I am now a gainfully employed member of society! Starting tomorrow, I'll be working in the campus technology services department! I'll have access to several super-computers!

I am so GLEE right now! ^_^
  • I am now a gainfully employed member of society! Starting tomorrow, I'll be working in the campus technology services department! I'll have access to several super-computers!
    Awesome. This will help you save for PAX! Make sure you are able to get the time off for it!
  • edited April 2010
    I am now a gainfully employed member of society! Starting tomorrow, I'll be working in the campus technology services department! I'll have access to several super-computers!
    Awesome. This will help you save for PAX! Make sure you are able to get the time off for it!
    Oh of course. ^_^ I'll be making $10/hr with about 20/hrs a week. Going to PAX will be trivially easy at this point.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
    Oh of course. ^_^ I'll be making $10/hr with about 20/hrs a week. Going to PAX will be trivially easy at this point.
    ...times .7 or so, depending on what they take out for taxes. Always remember the taxes.
  • ...times .7 or so, depending on what they take out for taxes. Always remember the taxes.
    Yeah. Taxes are a bitch.
  • ...times .7 or so, depending on what they take out for taxes. Always remember the taxes.
    Yeah. Taxes are a bitch.
    Even if they take out 25% of my pay for taxes and shit, that still mean I'll be able to make all the money I need in about 3 weeks.
    Jesus Christ taxes are a bitch when you completely forget about them. My new job's a W2, so they take out taxes beforehand, rather than me calculating stuff later in the year. I WAS UNPREPARED FOR THAT FIRST PAYCHECK.
  • Yeah, when I get quoted a salary figure, I always figure on 60% as my take-home. I make sure I can make do with that, and anything more that ends up coming home with me is gravy. After insurance and taxes, a significant chunk is gone.
  • edited April 2010
    I lent a friend Scott Pilgrim volume 1 and he read the whole thing in one sitting. Now I have someone to nerd out about it with :D
    Post edited by Koholint on
  • New laptop! Hell yes!
  • New laptop! Hell yes!
    What did you get?
  • edited April 2010
    MSI GX640
    I left my desktop back in Australia, but I'm in the U.S. until July and I wanted to play some games. Buying a desktop here was out of the question, though I did consider it.

Powerful graphics card, only 2.7kg/6lbs, and it cost me 1100 USD.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • edited April 2010
    Well, I can see why the Greeks and Romans put so much faith in the humors.

EDIT: And then I found out why it's total bullshit.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • After taking a break from the forums I'm making my triumphant return with awesome news.

I will be giving a 12 minute talk based upon my thesis research at The American Society for Virology's national meeting this year (http://www.asv2010.com/). They also awarded me a travel grant to get there. BOO FUCKING YAH!
  • edited April 2010
    Sweet! Congrats on the talk! National exposure is a big deal.
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • Will there be a recording of this? I want to watch your presentation!
  • Yeah. Taxes are a bitch.
    I don't mind them. They're how I buy roads, cops, space shuttles, etc.
  • Snagged two Mazinkaiser blind boxes. Got a Mazinger Z and a Boss Borot. Which are the two best robots in the entire series.
  • edited April 2010
    I finally got my grade on my Computer Architecture course. I was worried because it's kind of a bitch of an exam which has eaten many students fragile minds here. Only got a D, but I take it. Just glad I don't have to write that fucker again. :)
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • After taking a break from the forums I'm making my triumphant return with awesome news.

I will be giving a 12 minute talk based upon my thesis research atThe American Society for Virology's national meeting this year (http://www.asv2010.com/). They also awarded me a travel grant to get there. BOO FUCKING YAH!
    awesome!
  • edited April 2010
    I've finished an on-and-off project to make my computer effectively silent (This was mostly due to the old coolers being old and sometimes rattling.).
    Final result is very pleasing and didn't cost too much, the most of which was the new case (Old one was at least 8 years old.).

Parts list:
    Antec P180 Mini (£60) - Bitching mATX case.
    Artcic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro (£17) - Cheap but really nice cooler, it cools really well and is super quiet.
    Artcic Cooling Accelero L2 (£15) - Cool and quiet.
    Sythe Jyuni 120mm fan 800rpm fan (£10) - Fitted this into my PSU (Very carefully.).

Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I found a guy that is willing to sell me all his Bilingual (English/Japanese) "Princess Knight" manga. I am waiting for his price though :P
  • @Lisa: You are so much win!

I will be giving a 12 minute talk based upon my thesis research atThe American Society for Virology's national meeting this year (http://www.asv2010.com/). They also awarded me a travel grant to get there. BOO FUCKING YAH!
    Holy shit!
  • edited April 2010
    The Ferrari 599XX does a sub 7 minute lap a round the Ring. This makes it pretty much the fastest car in the world, and don't "oh the Bugatti Veyron..." me because this thing would annihilate it around a race track.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • I finally fixed the computer that has been broken since Christmas eve. :D
  • edited April 2010
    I was driving around yesterday and noticed a very large amount of help wanted signs everywhere... I think things are definitely getting better (not to mention my company is hiring again)
    Post edited by Cremlian on