This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• Game is awesome, though.
    I've already noticed that a bunch of the little problems I had with II have already been fixed, so I get the feeling I will like this game better from a gameplay perspective at least.
  • Game is awesome, though.
    I've already noticed that a bunch of the little problems I had with II have already been fixed, so I get the feeling I will like this game better from a gameplay perspective at least.
    I agree, although the crossbow is a bit too broken.
  • Just got the JPN digital copy of 'Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection'. 14 hours into it and I'm loving it.

-English, French and Japanese language
    -arranged or original soundtrack
    -new graphics - no option for original art which is upsetting
    -a new scenario and all of The After Years

I highly recommend it.

I'm watching the Geek Nights PAX panels. I think Natural Selection will be my next game.
  • destroyed future new york
    Oh hey, you just hit ALL OF MY BUTTONS. I need to check this game out now.
  • destroyed future new york
    Oh hey, you just hit ALL OF MY BUTTONS. I need to check this game out now.
    I heavily encourage it, it is legitimately the most enjoyable new FPS that I've played in an extremely long time.
  • I started playing Mass Effect and stopped, twice. For some reason I just find the combat too boring to continue playing, but I want to continue because the story, characters and settings are so intriguing. I'll try and stick with it.
  • I started playing Mass Effect and stopped, twice. For some reason I just find the combat too boring to continue playing, but I want to continue because the story, characters and settings are so intriguing. I'll try and stick with it.
    Thankfully, they changed the combat system quite a lot for Mass Effect 2.
    I've had this problem with both ME1 and Dragon Age. The dialog trees are the best part of the game.
  • Atom Zombie Smasher is totally awesome and I would gladly buy it right this moment if I didn't have physics homework to do.
  • Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy makes me want to create a petition to keep Tetsuya Nomura from naming any more video games in the future. It's pretty fun, though, even if the story is basically nonsense (but points for trying to make a fighting game with a story).
  • Just finished Kirby's Epic Yarn. Was kind of tempted to go for 100% completion, but seriously, fuck some of those mini-games at the end. Not worth it. I got all the treasures on all the stages, so that's good enough for me.
  • Just loaded up CreaVures on Steam b/c Emily was awesome and gave me a free code for it at PAX :D Going out for a bit then gonna play it tonight.
  • L4D2. Yes, I know that was SO 2 years ago, but whatever. I normally have issues with FPS's because I get easily dizzy and nauseated, but I'm doing alright with L4D2.

Jeremy also got it too so we can play together even though he's worse than myself at FPS's and he doesn't like zombies.

I really need to get back to CreaVures.
  • I got every GameBoy and GameBoyColor and NES Rom all on my DS piracy card. I'm digging through the GB and GBC roms looking for gems.
  • I got every GameBoy and GameBoyColor and NES Rom all on my DS piracy card. I'm digging through the GB and GBC roms looking for gems.
    I've got every GameBoy game on my piracy card and the sheer amount of games is daunting. I really need to cherry-pick the games to play because the amount of choices every time I want to play a game is intimidating.
  • If you like portable gaming this retired show highlights a TON of great games, Video Game Take Out.
  • I need more puzzle/time waster games for the DS. Any suggestions?
  • I need more puzzle/time waster games for the DS. Any suggestions?
    Do you have Ghost Trick?
    https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Ghost_Trick:_Phantom_Detective
  • Do you have Ghost Trick?
    I saw that and it looks interesting, but I'm looking for those cheap, not too involving puzzle games like hidden object type, or matching gems for around $10-$20. Or something similar along the lines of Diner Dash or Cake Mania. Something to just veg out to in bed before I go to sleep.

If I'm going to be dropping $20+ on a game, the next game I'm interested in is Monster Tale. I saw it at Gamestop and remember Dave talking about it and saying good things.
  • Do you have Ghost Trick?
    I saw that and it looks interesting, but I'm looking for those cheap, not too involving puzzle games like hidden object type, or matching gems for around $10-$20. Or something similar along the lines of Diner Dash or Cake Mania. Something to just veg out to in bed before I go to sleep.

If I'm going to be dropping $20+ on a game, the next game I'm interested in is Monster Tale. I saw it at Gamestop and remember Dave talking about it and saying good things.
    Get a piracy card, like my Acekard 2i. Then get Lameboy and also NesDS. Then get every GB, GBC, and NES ROM ever on your DS. Then play Magical Drop for GBC.
  • I know I'm WAY behind the times on this, but I started playing Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War (yes, the first one) last night. I beat Mass Effect 2 last week and just needed a change of pace before I start any new epicly long games. So far, even though the graphics are obviously dated, it's totally scratching my "space marines killing stuff" itch.
  • I bought two puzzle-type games on Amazon for cheap with free shipping. I'll be picking up Monster Tale later on today. Eventually, I'll have to look into the whole piracy card stuff. Looks/sounds complicated to me at the moment.
  • I bought two puzzle-type games on Amazon for cheap with free shipping. I'll be picking up Monster Tale later on today. Eventually, I'll have to look into the whole piracy card stuff. Looks/sounds complicated to me at the moment.
    You get a piracy card. You buy a MicroSD card. You put files on the MicroSD card, just like it was a USB stick. You put the MicroSD card in the piracy card. You put the piracy card in the DS. A helpful menu appears listing all your pirated stuff. Select something, and it plays! If the piracy cards were complicated, they wouldn't be so insanely popular.
  • You get a piracy card. You buy a MicroSD card. You put files on the MicroSD card, just like it was a USB stick. You put the MicroSD card in the piracy card. You put the piracy card in the DS. A helpful menu appears listing all your pirated stuff. Select something, and it plays! If the piracy cards were complicated, they wouldn't be so insanely popular.
    When you come to PAX, show me and do it for me. I'll make you a hat in exchange. ^__~

I'm just being very lazy and honestly don't mind spending monies on some games.
  • When you come to PAX, show me and do it for me. I'll make you a hat in exchange. ^__~
    I don't really need hats. Also, I am confident you can do this yourself.
  • When you come to PAX, show me and do it for me. I'll make you a hat in exchange. ^__~
    I know I can, but I don't want to at the moment. If not a hat then perhaps something cool in the geeky nature? :P
    I know I can, but I don't want to at the moment. If not a hat then perhaps something cool in the geeky nature? :P
    Give me his hat.
  • I went ahead and re-beat Zelda Outlands an amazing Zelda hack for the NES, thinking about taking on Super Meat World next.
  • Haiku Edition:

large pile of gas cans
    oh shit a tank is coming!
    eat Molotov! FUCK!
    - Left 4 Dead 2

On last control point
    ooh a drop! Open load-out
    There's always next round
    - TF2

bought this hand cannon
    but now I have no flash light
    this room is so dark