This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• Has anyone played Tourchlight? I'm thinking about getting it as a time sink.
  • Has anyone played Tourchlight? I'm thinking about getting it as a time sink.
    It's Diablo.
  • We should play Diablo. ;^)
    Torchlight 2 will have co-op.
    I'm waiting for Diablo 3...
  • It's Diablo.
    So a perfect timesink?
  • It's Diablo.
    So a perfect timesink?
    If you really like clicking your mouse button over and over with no thinking.
  • Are you saying that Pokemon is a game for kids, and no one else, or that if you play it you're immature?
    I'm saying that persona 4 is pretty much not for kids. See the talking dick in the chariot for further reference.

But to that end, I don't really understand why adults are still playing pokemon. I played it when i was like 15 and even then it was pretty childish. As I understand it the linking and breeding mechanics nowadays still require some kind of interaction with other people playing pokemon, and when i hear about an adult playing it I wonder just where on earth that interaction is happening. Do they go to the mall and wait for kids to sit down in the food court? It just seems like something directed at schoolkids who are going to be playing it and around each other and inclined to do it.

I'm already at the point where I don't have any idle time i need to fill where I can't get to my PC or television, so I don't even need a handheld system anymore.
  • Torchlight 2 will have co-op.
    That might make that game worth it.. As it is, I get annoyed with Diablio games because my freaking hand starts getting tired of freaking clicking a million times...
  • All this Diablo talk reminds me of this sketch
  • But to that end, I don't really understand why adults are still playing pokemon.
    It's because you haven't played Pokemon since you were 15.

To answer some of your concerns, a lot of the social aspects can be fulfilled over Nintendo's (occasionally disagreeable) WiFi services, so you can trade and battle with your friends even if they aren't physically near you. It certainly is much easier for kids in school to find friends who have the games-- just as it's easier for someone who lives in the densely-populated Tokyo to find people to trade and battle with than it is for, say, someone who lives in Nowhere, Kansas. But there really is a lot more to Pokemon besides the multiplayer aspects, and it is certainly possible to have fun with just the single player, even if it means playing in unconventional ways, like only using a party of same-type Pokemon, or doing a Nuzlocke challenge. That's part of what keeps me coming back to Pokemon year after year.
  • It just seems like something directed at schoolkids who are going to be playing it and around each other and inclined to do it.
    College campuses, mofo.
  • edited April 2011
    Post edited by Special A on
  • Brink... HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!

XBOX Live is WWWells.
    Is it really good? Most reviews out now are tepid at best.
    You can't trust Wyatt's opinion. He prefers to watch movies in pan + scan.
  • edited May 2011
    Brink... HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!
    Most of the reviews are from a buggy pre-release version, and haven't been written based on the real world retail released version (which had a day one patch that apparently fixed a lot of the visual problems, and some other things.)

I played some last night (not enough to really say much about it yet,) but enough that I was surprised by how negative the reviews were.
    Post edited by Kiey on
  • edited May 2011
    Brink... HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!
    From the Destructoid review it seems bad map design and too short of a levelling up curve get old fast.

Also, release day review embargos are worrying.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • What I saw of it at PAX Prime 2010 was the opposite of impressive.
    I can tell you right now, it's a game that you specifically will not enjoy.
    I can tell you right now, it's a game that you specifically will not enjoy.
    I knew that already.
  • I like it. I don't particularly care what reviewers have to say. It's funner then any other FPS I've played.
  • edited May 2011
    Just finished Bulletstorm (Xbox 360) the other night.
    Two words:
    Dick Tits.
    Post edited by ColombianShadow on
  • I like it. I don't particularly care what reviewers have to say. It's funner then any other FPS I've played.
    It sounds like most reviewers wrote their reviews mostly on single player, which is just multiplayer with bots. For a strictly multiplayer game, this is a horrific way to approach the game.
    It sounds like most reviewers wrote their reviews mostly on single player, which is just multiplayer with bots. For a strictly multiplayer game, this is a horrific way to approach the game.
    Battlefield 2 was the same way. Single player was miserable, but multiplayer was fantastic.
  • Battlefield 2 was the same way. Single player was miserable, but multiplayer was fantastic.
    BF2 had single player?
  • edited May 2011
    BF2 had single player?
    Yep - you could do it by yourself, or you could play it against bots.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • BF2 had single player?
    I heard at least dozens of people have played it.

/rimshot
  • My friend bought me Mass Effect when it was on sale last week. I finally sat down to play it a bit yesterday. The game seems intriguing enough, but I apparently fucking stink at it. I died like 6 or 7 times during that whole mission before reaching the Citadel for the first time. I hate sneaking, I much prefer go guns blazing. Games that force me to sneak around kind of aggravate me, but I'll keep trying.
  • My friend bought me Mass Effect when it was on sale last week. I finally sat down to play it a bit yesterday. The game seems intriguing enough, but I apparently fucking stink at it. I died like 6 or 7 times during that whole mission before reaching the Citadel for the first time. I hate sneaking, I much prefer go guns blazing. Games that force me to sneak around kind of aggravate me, but I'll keep trying.
    Are you playing the Solider class?