This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• edited September 2011
    However, there is a small chance it may be possible in the upcoming future. ^____~
    Gotta find the GBAs.
    Took a while, but I got four 2nd hand ones off Trademe (NZ version of Ebay) and got 4 cables off Ebay.

It's quite bloody awesome.

Also, just because: Brawl > Smash >Melee

Again, Fuck Melee, too fast, too hardcore. Brawl and the original and just so much more fun with 4 players.

Accidental deaths FTW!
    Post edited by InvaderREN on
  • I'm playing the new Deus Ex and went back to Borderlands to play with a friend. Also Uncharted 2 which I keep playing on and off.
  • Just beat Space Marine on hard, the last boss battle was as frustrating as old NES games was, and I've been playing some multiplayer recently. It's not that deep, but it's taken all of the good ideas from recent FPSes and put it into the multiplayer (like being able to use your opponent's loadout for a single life). Fun game though, it makes me want to go put together a 40k army.
    I may just be dumb, or maybe I just do not know some of the lingo. But what does this mean?
  • Bad guys drop their shit when they die; you pick it up til you die.
  • How is that different from any other game? Do the other players have unique weapons?
  • Yeah but I need him to be awake and alive to get onto the next part, Currently he's unconscious at my feet and doing me no good.
    Keep exploring, you get a message to talk to someone else, and then you can continue on to the ending. I'm not sure how it will work out, but it should do okay.
  • I never talked to those guys because I never got the the X's on my map. Before I knew it, the bitch was dead and endings were happening. Probably going to do another run through eventually.
  • Welp. Now that I've jumped through a bunch of apparently unnecessary hoops in installing custom firmware on my PSP, I've started playing Monster Hunter Portable 3rd again. There goes any chance of my PSP being used for anything else ever again.
  • Yeah but I need him to be awake and alive to get onto the next part, Currently he's unconscious at my feet and doing me no good.
    Keep exploring, you get a message to talk to someone else, and then you can continue on to the ending. I'm not sure how it will work out, but it should do okay.
    Thanks, I went back anyways, a lot shorter than I thought. Finished the game a few minutes ago. Not quite happy about the ending but it was okay.
  • I'm getting close to finishing Deus Ex, but I get the feeling that the ending is going to be a bit predictable. We'll see, though.

Not sure what I'm going to be playing after that's done, though. I might go back to Sims 3 for a bit, or simply play some more Urban Terror/Counterstrike: Source/Terraria/Red Orchestra.

Or, I might get into Star Trek Online again, or just start watching a ton of DS:9, which I never really gave a chance. Also, I'm open to gaming suggestions.
  • Saints' Row 2. Basically, take GTA4, but take out virtually all the grittiness, and factor in that the developers knew their fanbase would use the sandbox elements to fuck around. So, ridiculously fast sprinting, a toggle on/off cheat system, incredibly silly environment/missions, they basically knew who would be playing this game and utilized that knowledge to full effect.
  • I'm getting close to finishing Deus Ex, but I get the feeling that the ending is going to be a bit predictable. We'll see, though.
    Bleh, I hope not, although it wouldn't surprise me. I've heard the Witcher 2 is pretty good if you are looking for another RPG. I've never played it though, just the first one.
  • Bleh, I hope not, although it wouldn't surprise me. I've heard the Witcher 2 is pretty good if you are looking for another RPG. I've never played it though, just the first one.
    I've heard it's good too, however I'm not looking for another RPG (hence why STO is a possibility). I basically need something to hold me over until Forza 4 comes out in October, and I think a good month of an MMO would do that.
    Saints' Row 2
    This is definitely a possibility.
  • Saints' Row 2. Basically, take GTA4, but take out virtually all the grittiness, and factor in that the developers knew their fanbase would use the sandbox elements to fuck around. So, ridiculously fast sprinting, a toggle on/off cheat system, incredibly silly environment/missions, they basically knew who would be playing this game and utilized that knowledge to full effect.
    Sounds like JC2. Interesting.
  • So, I just downloaded Portal because it was free on Steam. What do you guys think, is this game any good? I'm still debating whether or not I actually want to play it.
  • So, I just downloaded Portal because it was free on Steam. What do you guys think, is this game any good? I'm still debating whether or not I actually want to play it.
    Eh. It's OK. The ending song is kinda lame, and there's a bunch of corny jokes about cake that nobody remembers. Something about "the cake is a pie" or something like that.
    Welp. Now that I've jumped through a bunch of apparently unnecessary hoops in installing custom firmware on my PSP, I've started playing Monster Hunter Portable 3rd again. There goes any chance of my PSP being used for anything else ever again.
    I'll be laughing when you get fitted for a prosthetic hand because your screwed yours up doing the "Monster Hunter Claw".
  • I have a habit of getting impossibly stuck in games.
    They telegraphed the thing with Eliza Cassan Pretty hard, I gotta say. But the ending is a little telegraphed, but it makes up for it with excellent ending videos for all the options.
    Yes. It's short, but sweet. If you haven't played Portal 2, I'd recommend playing Portal and then the sequel.
    They telegraphed the thing with Eliza Cassan Pretty hard, I gotta say. But the ending is a little telegraphed, but it makes up for it with excellent ending videos for all the options.
    Yeah, I just finished it, and I gotta say, the endings are very worthwhile. A+++ would ruin world again.
  • edited September 2011
    Yeah, I just finished it, and I gotta say, the endings are very worthwhile. A+++ would ruin world again.
    I didn't really like the Ending Vending Machine. Felt kind of like a cop-out for making a game in which you choose an ending with gameplay decisions. Overall, though, I'd play it again.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Super Smash Land.
    This is everything I have ever wanted.
  • I'm confused why this is better than regular Smash Bros. What additional features does it have?
  • New and improved grayscale graphics
  • Man this is so good. Gamepad is a must, though.
  • OH MY GOD THE SURPRISE HIDDEN CHARACTER

I won't spoil it :D
  • OH MY GOD THE SURPRISE HIDDEN CHARACTER

I won't spoil it :D
    I'm installing this shit on the HTPC right now.
  • Still unlocking stuff. I need to get a new gamepad to replace my broken one, though. Playing with a keyboard is hard.

I love the Tower of Heaven stage, though.
  • edited September 2011
    Overall, though, I'd play it again.
    I already am, just doing a complete chaos/kill everybody run. Once I'm done with that, I'll give it a break for a while, then I'll go through on max difficulty, no kill, no alarms.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Overall, though, I'd play it again.
    I already am, just doing a complete chaos/kill everybody run. Once I'm done with that, I'll give it a break for a while, then I'll go through on max difficulty, no kill, no alarms.
    I started a new game, turned on all the augs and turned off energy consumption, and then gave myself some fully upgraded small arms and a plasma cannon.

I call it a "superman" run.