This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• I love the Tower of Heaven stage, though.
    Yes, it's great.
  • I started a new game, turned on all the augs and turned off energy consumption, and then gave myself some fully upgraded small arms and a plasma cannon.

I call it a "superman" run.
    I might livestream a run just being a nutter. I don't know.
  • I just played CounterStrike: Source for the first time today. I can see why it's one of the most popular FPS's ever. It puts you into both "Man, I gotta survive" and the "AAHH!! Blitzkrieg Rambo!!" mode at the same time. Extremely addicting.
  • I just played CounterStrike: Source for the first time today. I can see why it's one of the most popular FPS's ever. It puts you into both "Man, I gotta survive" and the "AAHH!! Blitzkrieg Rambo!!" mode at the same time. Extremely addicting.
    Welcome to the year 2000.
    Welcome to the year 2000.
    The distant future - the year 2000.
  • The distant future - the year 2000.
    We are robots.
  • Welcome to the year 2000.
  • Welcome to the year 2000
    In the year 2000, I was a shrimpy 8 year old kid living in an 95% black neighborhood with this thing as my computer to play games on and a Super Nintendo. I played predominately played Warcraft 2 and Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest. I could play the original Quake on that, but see that dot in the middle of the keyboard? That's what I used to play games with, and besides, Quake scared the ever living SHIT out of me.
    image image
    We also had a N64, but I wasn't able to play that in my room all night long. I still dig that FF:MQ cover.
  • Why would you play Mystic Quest?
    I played Mystic Quest, because it was square soft and I wanted more Final Fantasy after 1, 4 and 6.
  • At the moment, playing a ton of online Dominion on the BrettSpielWelt website. Took a while to figure out how to work the damn website but once you get into a game it runs perfectly. It's nowhere near as fun as playing at a table with friends, and there's no move history which sucks b/c you can't take your eyes off the screen if you want to know what cards your opponents are scooping up. Still, it scratches an itch.

In actual video gaming news I'm getting close to finishing all of the DS games I own. Making a lot of progress in WarioWare D.I.Y. which is actually quite fun. Gotta try out the Wii connectivity as I've heard there is a lot of WarioWare goodness in the download area. Still, makes me long for the college days of playing 4-player WarioWare on the cube.
  • Well, I did it. I reactivated my Star Trek: Online subscription for a couple of months to fill the niche. Honestly, it's the only MMO that I really could stick with, as the space battles are always epic and feel very Star Trek-y.
    Maybe because it was awesome, covered with awesome, sprinkled with awesome, with an awesome side with it.
  • Maybe because it was awesome, covered with awesome, sprinkled with awesome, with an awesome side with it.
    Nah, that can't be it. MQ was a poop sunday.
    Maybe because it was awesome, covered with awesome, sprinkled with awesome, with an awesome side with it.
    I wouldn't go that far, but it is a fun, simple JRPG that takes about 10 hours to beat, and that's doing everything in the game. The only thing that IS awesome is the soundtrack. I loves me that final dungeon music.
    Nah, that can't be it. MQ was a poop sunday.
    You just hate fun.
  • Mystic Quest was inferior, but still manages to be better than a ton of other JRPGs. The problem is it's pretty terrible by Squaresoft game standards.
  • Mystic Quest was inferior, but still manages to be better than a ton of other JRPGs. The problem is it's pretty terrible by Squaresoft game standards.
    Thank you for providing better words, as that's what I meant.
    Thank you for providing better words, as that's what I meant.
    I will agree with this. I will still sooner play MQ than the NES FFs, but certainly every other SNES Squaresoft RPG is better.
  • Super Metroidddd
  • Super Metroidddd
    I read this in the Super Meat Boy opener voice.
  • edited September 2011
    Why would you play Mystic Quest?
    Did you like Final Fantasy XIII? If so, is there stairs in your house?

To answer the thread's question, Inazuma Eleven and a lot of it.
    Post edited by Conan-San on
    Did you like Final Fantasy XIII? If so, is there stairs in your house?

To answer the thread's question, Inazuma Eleven and a lot of it.
    I have not played Final Fantasy XIII yet, and probably won't do so for at least the next 2-3 years. The reason why I'm so Pro-Mystic Quest was that, as a young kid, that was the only JRPG I ever had and got to play. The number of hours I spent playing that game gave me so many childhood memories of it and I openly swore in front of my parents for the first time because of the final boss in that game. I was so disconnected from video games as a kid that I am classified as one of those gamer's with an eternal mountain of shame, primarily due to the fact that I have not played Zelda 1 yet. I had to do weird stuff as a kid, like play outside in the woods, pretend I was fighting orcs, and being a character in whatever fantasy novel I was reading at the time.
  • Moar World of Tanks being played. I just like the short fights, and I get a really satisfying feeling when I pull off a clever maneuver and pop an enemy tank like an egg.
  • Playing EU3 again; I really shouldn't have stopped. It's like I've forgotten everything that I had learned and have to relearn it. There is just so much to look at and pay attention to, its really easy to drown in everything.
  • One of the guys in my buildling just bought Civilization 5, so I'm teaching him how to play.

Down the rabbit hole again...
  • Playing EU3 again; I really shouldn't have stopped. It's like I've forgotten everything that I had learned and have to relearn it. There is just so much to look at and pay attention to, its really easy to drown in everything.
    HUEHUEHUEHUEHUE DID YOU KNOW THAT INFLATION IS BAD?
  • Playing BF2 some more, had 10 grenades go off in rapid succession. Found sniping is easier if your target is on, or slightly below, your horizontal plane.
    Planted one claymore mine all match, trying to defend a corner, and my buddy immediately ran into it; Which is odd, as we were under pretty heavy fire at the time.
  • edited September 2011
    Playing BF2 some more, had 10 grenades go off in rapid succession. Found sniping is easier if your target is on, or slightly below, your horizontal plane.
    Planted one claymore mine all match, trying to defend a corner, and my buddy immediately ran into it; Which is odd, as we were under pretty heavy fire at the time.
    If possible, always put them right where they're hard to avoid - tops of ladders, facing across doorways - and use them to protect your back when you're sniping. When you hear it go off, immediately forget about the sniping, pull out your pistol, and defend yourself. That way, it's a lot easier to get up closer to the action, and be more useful to your squad-mates and teammates.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I've been playing the shit out of Deepak Fights Robots. It's an arcade-style game featuring ludicrous amounts of sitar jams. Definitely worth the five bucks.
  • Star Trek Online and Dawn of War have sucked me in.