This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• I been playing the re-release of Persona for the PSP, waiting for P3P.
  • Ro: If you want to rock your friend. Go into training mode for 20 minutes with Sagat. He's a power house. You can spam tiger knee's/fire balls to victory at casual level play.
    Cool. I'll probably try out characters here and there. If anything, for most part I always beat Jeremy in video games. ^_~
  • Who here has tried Retro Game Challenge? Robot Ninja Haggleman is hella fun.
  • Who here has tried Retro Game Challenge? Robot Ninja Haggleman is hella fun.
    I concur. It made playing through that painful JRPG in there worth it.
  • Order of Ecclesia, since a lot of people told me it was really challenging, I'm pretty sure I'm past the first half and haven't really met a challenging boss or map. Does it get better later on?
  • Order of Ecclesia, since a lot of people told me it was really challenging, I'm pretty sure I'm past the first half and haven't really met a challenging boss or map. Does it get better later on?
    Have you fought the giant Frankenstein monster yet?
    Have you fought the giant Frankenstein monster yet?
    I've fought several large Frankenstein monsters, but not any Frankenstein monster boss fight.
  • I've fought several large Frankenstein monsters, but not any Frankenstein monster boss fight.
    That boss fight is the point I remember when the game drastically shifted in difficulty.
  • That boss fight is the point I remember when the game drastically shifted in difficulty.
    The shadow stage was the only boss I had real difficulty with. Partly, I thought I could get him cleverly (tried all sorts of oddball combinations), rather than just spamming the jackass with straight damage.

The giant horse was my favorite boss, though I for once enjoyed the Dracula fight a great deal.
  • Talking of ridiculously frustrating boss fights, has anyone finished Starfy?
    Starfy was ridiculously easy, only the final boss was slightly difficult and that was only because his first form has an instant kill move.
    Starfy was ridiculously easy, only the final boss was slightly difficult and that was only because his first form has an instant kill move.
    I stopped playing Starfy when Layton came out. Then I played a bit of Scribblenauts and Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time. Now, I'm playing Bowser's Inside Story. Maybe after I'm done with that, I'll give Starfy another go, so I can at least finish the game. I'll have to take this as a note for when I play that final boss.

As for Bowser's Inside Story, I'm enjoying it as much as Partners In Time so far. I like the addition of playing as Bowser, along with having to coordinate using Mario & Luigi to help Bowser do certain actions. I like how they added practice tutorials you can keep going back to, so you can practice special attacks. I also like how during the victory sequence, you see how far along your characters have progressed in experience points showing you how close they are to leveling. We'll see how the rest of the game goes.
  • Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 is basically superhero gauntlet. I only recommend playing it with four friends.
  • Started playing Uncharted 2 last night. So, so good. I can't stop thinking about playing more. Very bad for work...
  • I've basically had a resurgence of PC gaming fun in the last few weeks. I've played the following:

Prototype
    Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
    Left 4 Dead
    Tropico 3
    League of Legends Beta
    Wolfenstein
    Resident Evil 5
    The Witcher
  • edited October 2009
    Talking of ridiculously frustrating boss fights, has anyone finished Starfy?
    We got stuck in a room where we can't get the skeleton fish to stand on the button to unlock the door. No matter how fast we swim he's always against the wall (and away from the button) when we get to where the door is.

I've been wasting my time playing through Fallout3 again. This time I have it set on Very Hard and only use close combat weapons. Psycho+Med-X+Yao-Guai Meat and a DeathClaw Gauntlet take out everything in seconds!
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • edited October 2009
    One of these days I'll do a Kenshiro run of Fallout 3.
    Post edited by Railith on
  • Spelunky has been taking my time for some days now. If you think that the idea of 2D-platformer with random levels and some Indiana Jones style sounds good, test Spelunky out. It has been fun for me a while and it's free.
  • I've been wasting my time playing through Fallout3 again. This time I have it set on Very Hard and only use close combat weapons. Psycho+Med-X+Yao-Guai Meat and a DeathClaw Gauntlet take out everything in seconds!
    I love Fallout 3 and the open-endedness of it, I don't consider it wasting time, because about 7/10ths of the discoveries you make is something to be treasured.
  • Just picked up Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days and I am enjoying it so far.
    That's funny I'm currently slowly playing through The original kingdom Hearts.
    That's funny I'm currently slowly playing through The original kingdom Hearts.
    Cool. All of the Kingdom Hearts games have different feels to them. Chain of Memories most notably because of the cards, but Kingdom Hearts II is way faster than KHI. They're all good games though.
  • I've been meaning to go back through KH I & II now that I'm playing 358/2. I never actually finished KH II (or Chain of Memories for that matter) so I feel like I'm missing a lot about what's up with the Organization.
  • I've been meaning to go back through KH I & II now that I'm playing 358/2. I never actually finished KH II (or Chain of Memories for that matter) so I feel like I'm missing a lot about what's up with the Organization.
    Yeah, you really are. But you could just read about it online. Or read the instruction manual...Whatever. I think it's worth playing, though.
  • I never actually finished KH II
    Why not? Kingdom Hearts II is ridiculously easy, even on the hardest difficulty.
  • After a month I am still playing " The Beatles: Rockband"
    The Abbey Road Album is pretty great :D
  • The Abbey Road Album is pretty great :D
    Does the DLC have any new Dreamscapes, or is it just them playing in the studio?
  • Why not? Kingdom Hearts II is ridiculously easy, even on the hardest difficulty.
    It wasn't a matter of difficulty so much as I just kinda turned the game off one day and didn't turn it back on. I think I was moving at the time or something.
  • The Abbey Road Album is pretty great :D
    Does the DLC have any new Dreamscapes, or is it just them playing in the studio?
    Yep, each new song comes with its own Dreamscape sequence :D
  • Is the new gameplay keeping you interested in the game or is it the Beatles?