This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• As cool as Steel Battallion is, I have a feeling that Gundam Pod Arcade is the best.
  • image Yeah. I think I agree. However I would have a hard time fitting one of those in my house...

Also, I imagine those seats are used for women who attend to your needs while you do battle.

Where did you come across those crazy things? And is it as awesome as I imagine it being? Or as difficult (I imagine it is as difficult as driving a car with one eye closed and one hand behind your back)?
  • edited December 2011
    Played Steel Diver on 3DS yesterday and today. It is the definition of a mediocre launch title that you will look back on and say "why did I bother playing that?" As much as I defend the handhelds against this wave of iPhone gaming, they should be playing to their strengths. Steel Diver actually is something that might be better on a phone. It's a $5 iOS game that was $40 at launch. I paid $5 for it, got my $5 worth, and it's now permanently resting in its case.
    Post edited by Matt on
  • If you think the Gundam Pod arcade game is cool, how about the Initial D arcade game with actual cars?
    Dammit Japan, let us have some real arcades too.
  • How do these crazy arcade games work out economically? It makes no sense.
  • edited December 2011
    I can only imagine it's because they're franchise tie-ins.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Wow...The list is rather varied...Let's see why I've been playing recently...

Skyrim
    Mario Kart 7
    Dragon Age II (again...)
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Probably starting soon:
    Super Mario Land 3D
    Star Fox 64 3D
  • How do these crazy arcade games work out economically? It makes no sense.
    That's just it, they don't. At least not on their own, I'm sure they get supplemental income with all the pachinko machines as well.

• My copy of Assassin's Creed Revelations came with a free copy of Assassin's Creed. I'm the kind of person that will use whatever he has been given/bought at least once (for instance, I got the Jurassic Park trilogy on Blu-Ray for Christmas and I absolutely hate Jurassic Park III, but I will probably watch it once with a bunch of friends and make fun of the dumb-ass people who somehow allowed a Spinosaurus to sneak up on them), but I seriously doubt I will ever try to play that game ever again. It was terrible when it came out and it will probably be even worse now. Assassin's Creed II improved the gameplay of the first one by around 500% and I will more than likely never look back.
  • Yeah...Assassin's Creed I is ass in comparison to the rest of the franchise. The new games are so sleek and fun.
  • It was just so freaking boring! A game that combines historical fiction about the Crusades and stabbing people with a hidden blade on your wrist should not be that boring!
  • Mhm. The gameplay is less refined as well, and there's far too many glitches.
  • edited December 2011
    There was a third Jurassic Park movie?

EDIT: Wait, there was a SECOND Jurassic Park movie? :-/

(The first was good enough for all time)
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • There was a third Jurassic Park movie?

EDIT: Wait, there was a SECOND Jurassic Park movie? :-/

(The first was good enough for all time)
    Four is in the works.

• edited December 2011
    The third JP movie was surprisingly not crap. It wasn't a great movie either, but I boycotted the second movie after reading the book and witnessing the trailer's shitinesss. JP3 exceeded my staggeringly low expectations.
    Post edited by Matt on
  • The Lost World: Jurassic Park wasn't bad. It wasn't nearly as good as the first one, but it was entertaining. It also stars Jeff Goldblum, so there was a lot of Goldbluming.
  • If you think the Gundam Pod arcade game is cool, how about the Initial D arcade game with actual cars?
    Dammit Japan, let us have some real arcades too.
    Holy shit.

Well, I'm actually holding out hope that Mechwarrior Online's PAX East booth (if they have one) includes these things: Battletech pods!
  • The first assassins creed game has an amazing story but the game itself always felt incomplete. You have to play it first or you can't play it at all.
  • A friend gave me Psychonauts for the holidays and I've been enjoying it immensely. I'm also playing a bunch of Binding of Isaac and Cave Story+.
  • I highly recommend anyone who has a 3DS to download Pushmo. It is an absolutely excellent first-party puzzle game that seems to only not be getting any attention because it is on the 3DS.

Also the new Mario Kart is so so good. And I've been doing great online, probably better than I ever did on MKDS, finishing top 3 most races so far.
  • I have move Skyrim aside to embark on a journey to save Zelda one more time!
  • Also the new Mario Kart is so so good. And I've been doing great online, probably better than I ever did on MKDS, finishing top 3 most races so far.
    FRC Forum Tournament? ;)
  • Lessdoit.
  • I'm more than game.
  • I'm kind of catching up. I've recently started Dragon Age: Origins and Back to the Future: The Game. Oh I have missed a lot.
  • I want to enjoy more Dungeons of Dredmor but the game cannot stop fucking crashing and it's driving me nuts.
  • Finally back at home. Time to get that fuckin' Triforce.
  • I got a big stack of games for Christmas so I've been playing a lot of Xbox lately. Right now I'm trying to burn though the campaigns on Modern Warefare 3 and Battlefield 3 before I get back to college and can actually play online. Other than that I've played a little Fallout 3, and I've been playing a lot of Binding of Isaac since I got it in the indie bundle a while back. Seriously go buy that game. It $1.24 right now. Just do it.
  • Got Dead Space 2 for five bucks. I love how the corpses are actually bloody pinatas, which must be stomped on to get their sweet ammo/health prizes.