This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• Anyone else playing Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3? Or all you all holding out for Super Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Turbo?

Also, Space Marine is pretty darn fun.
  • edited January 2012
    Rage
    Dark Souls
    I think you have these in the wrong order, because one will most certainly induce the other.

Speaking of rage, I seem to find myself on a Tactics Ogre kick again. Seriously, the game is at the very least on par with Final Fantasy Tactics in terms of Tactics RPGs.
    Post edited by Yuyuke on
  • edited January 2012
    Anyone else playing Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3?
    I own Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, but I've focused more on BlazBlue CS.

Post edited by Apsup on
  • SON OF A BITCH OLD REPUBLIC. EIGHT STRAIGHT HOURS WITH MY BUDDY.

FUCKFUCKFUCK I DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR THIS.
  • It seems Driver: San Francisco requires me to login to some BS Ubisoft service so I can play it offline. Guess that's a game I'll never play. (Too bad, since it looked pretty interesting)
  • edited January 2012
    It seems Driver: San Francisco requires me to login to some BS Ubisoft service so I can play it offline. Guess that's a game I'll never play. (Too bad, since it looked pretty interesting)
    It is pretty interesting, but Ubisoft drm is always annoying.

Post edited by Pegu on
  • Which is why I only by ubi games on console.
  • I'm playing Forza 4, Dota 2, and Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story.
  • It seems Driver: San Francisco requires me to login to some BS Ubisoft service so I can play it offline. Guess that's a game I'll never play. (Too bad, since it looked pretty interesting)
    That seems to be leading the pack of "games that 2011 forgot." Is it good? I loved the original Driver but haven't played one since.

That seems to be leading the pack of "games that 2011 forgot." Is it good? I loved the original Driver but haven't played one since.This podcast really sold me on it, and now that I have it, it's pretty awesome.

• Binding of Issac doesn't support gamepads? I seriously have to install something called "Joy To Key?"

Sigh...
    Oh, yeah. Now I remember why I stopped playing after two levels.
    Joy to Key isn't a huge program and is very, very easy to set up. It's really handy with games that don't support gamepads like Tower of Heaven or Barkley Shut Up and Jam Gaiden.

But it really doesn't make sense that Binding of Isaac doesn't have built-in gamepad support considering Super Meat Boy does. I want to ask them why they did that.
  • Joy to Key isn't a huge program and is very, very easy to set up.
    It also has all the trimmings of shady malware trapware. I'm sure it isn't itself, but it reeks of that aesthetic. That any of you would have even trusted something like that in the first place is why people get malware on their computers.

• Joy to Key isn't a huge program and is very, very easy to set up.
    It also has all the trimmings of shady malware trapware. I'm sure it isn't itself, but it reeks of that aesthetic. That any of you would have even trusted something like that in the first place is why people get malware on their computers.

What are said "trimmings?"

• I believe he meant to say "trappings"
  • Bad website. Ghetto user interface. From a foreign country. Distributed as a plain shady zip file. Not open source, but also not commercial. Not hosted on some third party site that might vet its quality. No forum documentation, contact information, or other community surrounding the product.
  • Bad website. Ghetto user interface. From a foreign country. Distributed as a plain shady zip file. Not open source, but also not commercial. Not hosted on some third party site that might vet its quality. No forum documentation, contact information, or other community surrounding the product.
    That coupled with the fact that it's almost impossible to tell who actually wrote it and where the "official" download site is. Google for it and look at all those garbage sites that come up.

I would never even consider installing anything that looked like that. While it probably isn't malware in and of itself, you're a fool if you'd trust something so shady.

That coupled with the fact that it's almost impossible to tell who actually wrote it and where the "official" download site is. Google for it and look at all those garbage sites that come up.

I would never even consider installing anything that looked like that. While it probably isn't malware in and of itself, you're a fool if you'd trust something so shady.

That's true. Even if we assume the original software is safe, there is no way to verify that what you downloaded is the real deal. Anyone can take it, add a virus to it, and redistribute it on a different web site and make it look like the official web site. You have no way to know what's official and what is not. There's not even an md5 checksum anywhere.
  • There's not even an md5 checksum anywhere.
    This is the straw that broke the camel's back. No way this is getting installed on any PC I ever control.
  • There are other less shady programs that do the same thing anyway.
  • There are other less shady programs that do the same thing anyway.
    Yes. But scarily, Binding of Issac tells you to install it INSIDE THE GAME. But provides no link or other verified way to do so...
  • What always struck me as off about Binding of Isaac not having controller support was the development by Team Meat, who made Super Meat Boy, which, until recently, basically shouted you down if you didn't use a controller.

But, being of the Mouse And Keyboard Master Race, I still reign supreme.
  • What always struck me as off about Binding of Isaac not having controller support was the development by Team Meat, who made Super Meat Boy, which, until recently, basically shouted you down if you didn't use a controller.

But, being of the Mouse And Keyboard Master Race, I still reign supreme.
    Wrong. Isaac was made by half of Team meat and other half was some other guy, not in Team Meat.

• Wrong. Isaac was made by half of Team meat and other half was some other guy, not in Team Meat.
    So does that mean that we can blame any of the problems on the non-Team Meat guy?

• Yes, because the Team Meat guy only did the art.
    If I were an artist, I wouldn't want to attach my art to something that is brokened.
    If I were an artist, I wouldn't want to attach my art to something that is brokened.
    Seeing how the game seems to be quite liked and somewhat popular the little detail that the game is brokened doesn't matter.

• The game isn't broken at all. You are the one trying to play it in a way that it wasn't intended to be.
  • The game isn't broken at all. You are the one trying to play it in a way that it wasn't intended to be.
    Playing it on a PC with keyboard or mouse and keyboard is insanely uncomfortable. If that's how it was intended, then it's kind of a sucky game. If the game were playable on a television with a gamepad, it would be a significant improvement making it perhaps an awesome game.
  • Xpadder works fine for that and isn't that shady.
    Playing it on a PC with keyboard or mouse and keyboard is insanely uncomfortable.
    Your arms are broken.