This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• FF6 got a GBA release, and a PS1 release as well. If you don't want to pay a lot just use a SNES rom on your DS or a GBA rom on your PSP if you've got one. I was lucky enough to get Final Fantasy 4 and 6 on SNES from a guy from my Mom's work. I probably wouldn't want to beat the game on the SNES though, since I don't trust the batteries in those things anymore.
    yeah, I don't trust GBA batteries! If I was going to play FF6 I'd definately want a genuine cart or a rom. Flashcart sounding like the go...

• Well, I was talking more about the SNES batteries mostly, though gameboy batteries are soon to be just as bad. I had been playing Super Mario World a few years back, and I accidentally bumped the cart when I was turning it off and my save got wiped. I had just spend the last day and a half beating all of the star worlds. Never again will that happen. Also, my pokemon silver save got lost a while back, and I had 250+ hours on that thing. If you do get the SNES cart, I suggest replacing the battery with a new one just to be safe.
  • Don't get Twisted, get the original WarioWare.
    Yeah, this is exactly what I was gonna say.

FF Tactics Advanced is a game I'd recommend. Sonic Advance is great, and so are some of the sequels. Metroid Zero Mission is amazing, Metroid Fusion is also supposed to be great though I haven't played it yet. There really are a bazillion good games for GBA, I can't even think off the top of my head.

• Played both Metroids. Love them.

Going to look at SD flash carts tonight.

Advancewsrs 2 should be good right?
  • I'll second FF Tactics Advanced. But a word of caution: make sure the key items aren't unique before you toss them when your inventory gets full. I got stuck at 299/300 regular missions (so no Cid and no extra missions) because of that and I'll be damned if I'm doing that again.
  • While SWMud was fun as a walk down memory lane, it was boring to do it alone. Not sure if I'll be doing THAT again anytime soon.
  • Well after the steam sale I have lots to get on with but currently been playing a lot of Terrarria and Orcs Must Die on my PC and a bit of Assassins Creed: Revelations on my PS3.
  • Well after the steam sale I have lots to get on with but currently been playing a lot of Terrarria and Orcs Must Die on my PC and a bit of Assassins Creed: Revelations on my PS3.
    I saw that I've currently put 72 hours into Terarria. My buddy and I finally, finally, finally beat the Wall of Flesh and started gathering the fanciest of materials for new armor. Shit gets crazy in hardmode.
  • I've been playing a few hours of TF2 a few nights this past week. I think I've been improving and have been playing mostly 2Fort or other variations of CTF, mostly as an engineer.

I've actually been in the top 3 a few times, which makes me happy. I'm trying to find new areas to where I can put teleporters up in the rival base.
  • Playing Dark Souls feels sometimes like some punishment in Ancient Greeks Hell. I wander around. Die and drop all my souls. Fight my way back to the souls, get them back and die again soon after. Then repeat that time and time again. Still I find some enjoyment in it. It's a game where managing to kill a tough enemy feels like a real achievement.
  • I've actually been in the top 3 a few times, which makes me happy. I'm trying to find new areas to where I can put teleporters up in the rival base.
    I once was in a match of CTF in 2Fort where the enemy engineers had build full defense inside our teams base, where the intel were. And our idiot team wasn't even able to get them out of there.

• Also, Nuclear Dawn is incredible. I've been enjoying the hell out of it, and people seem to actually use voice chat a lot to build strategies and whatnot. It'd be great to get some FRCers on there to mess around.
  • Dark Souls is most excellent. I will now finally start on El Shaddai. Afterwards maybe the new Zelda. Or more Dark Souls (I'd have to buy it twice to play more of it, not sure if it's worth it...)
  • Got a new hardcore gaming PC. Now I need some graphics-intensive games. Do you guys have any suggestions?
  • Got a new hardcore gaming PC. Now I need some graphics-intensive games. Do you guys have any suggestions?
    Battlefield 3. Crysis 2. Don't fancy the FPS? Assassin's Creed series is pretty. Mechwarrior: Living Legends for some pretty mech battles. Warhammer 40k Space Marine is pretty awesome action. Saints Row the Third is fantastically off the wall.
  • What do I need for MW:LL?
  • Crysis Wars and a good computer.
  • Just got my first platinum trophy on PS3 for L.A. Noire. Now I just need to get the last few DLC trophies so I can trade the game in.
  • I just re-bought Darksouls. Oh mans that game is SO GOOD!
  • So should I just get Crysis Warhead, or do I have to get the Maximum edition? Also...how would I go about getting around SecuROM?
  • edited January 2012
    So should I just get Crysis Warhead, or do I have to get the Maximum edition? Also...how would I go about getting around SecuROM?
    You'd just need Warhead. Are you trying to pirate it to get into MW:LL? I tried that at a point in the past but there were some complications with getting it to work. Not sure how to bypass SecuROM in that sense.

Also check out my first couple posts here. I tried to get through most of the common problems you'd see getting MW:LL up and running.
    Post edited by SquadronROE on
  • Dungeon Defenders, it seems to swallow time when you're with friends.
  • Any one of you that owns a PS3 or an Xbox 360, go turn it on.

Download any system updates you need to and open up the store.

Go into Demos.

Download the Asura's Wrath demo.

Just do it.

DO IT.
  • Any one of you that owns a PS3 or an Xbox 360, go turn it on.

Download any system updates you need to and open up the store.

Go into Demos.

Download the Asura's Wrath demo.

Just do it.

DO IT.
    I did this and while most of the gameplay didn't sell this to me, everything else did. That is a game I just have to experience at some point.

• most of the gameplay didn't sell this to me, everything else did
    I'm coming to notice that this seems to be CyberConnect2's MO. Which is 100% fine by me.
  • edited January 2012
    Yup, just finished that demo. I was trying to describe it to Bronzdragon, this is what I came up with.

01:16 < AriaDesu> Alright, you know the Naruto
    PS3/360 fighting games
    01:16 < AriaDesu> Where you run around a lot
    01:16 < AriaDesu> and punch?
    01:17 < AriaDesu> This is part that, and part
    Heavy Rain, in the setting of
    God of War, directed by the
    dude who made Hokuto no Ken.
    01:18 < AriaDesu> Its easily worth "playing" at
    20 bucks
    01:18 < AriaDesu> (or watching at 20 bucks)
    01:18 < AriaDesu> It's just as good if you just
    watch it without playing =P
    01:18 < AriaDesu> Cause you make 0 impact on what
    happens when you press the
    buttons
    01:19 < Bronzdragon> ...
    01:19 < Bronzdragon> what
    01:19 < AriaDesu> What? I described it perfectly!
    01:19 < Bronzdragon> =P
    01:19 < Bronzdragon> I'm sure
    01:20 < AriaDesu> God of War by the Hokuto no Ken
    guy
    01:20 < Bronzdragon> x3
    01:21 < AriaDesu> And then, this is a game
    adaptation of that, made by the
    Heavy Rain guys, where they
    stole the fighting from
    Cyber2Connect and used it when
    appropriate
    01:23 < AriaDesu> Anyway, yup.
    01:23 < AriaDesu> I recommend you get it, Dragon
    01:23 < AriaDesu> The demo I mean
    01:23 < Bronzdragon> =P
    01:23 < AriaDesu> if you like it, we can play it
    together
    01:24 < AriaDesu> Cause I'd like to watch you
    play it, but not sure if I can
    be bothered to hold the
    controller while doing so =P

I'm impressed. The gameplay was not as good as I was hoping it would be. What happened on screen was even better than what I was hoping for.

I'll say that the English VO is no where near as good as the Japanese though, and the demo at least didn't let me choose. In the Japanese, it's so over the top and epic. It's silly, sure, but at least they're trying. The English is just one notch down, so it's silly and over the top, but not epic, so it feels a bit cheesy. But I liked the actual lines, and the dude who played Asura. So maybe the main characters will have better fitting voices.
    Post edited by Aria on
  • David Lynch's Festive Fantasy 2: Radiator Supreme.
  • I think I watched that on Netflix streaming one night at around midnight.
  • edited January 2012
    I've played ~30 min of Warhammer 40k now, and I'm stuck behind a crate with no way to get out. When I clicked on hard I didn't mean that I wanted to be stuck inside a crate without any way of dodging enemy attacks or to proceed! Oh silly game.
    Post edited by Aria on
  • I've played ~30 min of Warhammer 40k now, and I'm stuck behind a crate with no way to get out. When I clicked on hard I didn't mean that I wanted to be stuck inside a crate without any way of dodging enemy attacks or to proceed! Oh silly game.
    Persevere. Also, since you're on Hard learn to love the jetpack and attacks that can hit more than one enemy at a time. Also get really, really good at killing things from a distance. Basically: be a space marine.