This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• What are some good Xbox 360 console games? My father wants to buy something, but he doesn't know what to buy. The games that we have right now are GTA:IV, Halo 3, the newest Call of Duty, Fable 3, and Left for Dead. He has no preferences on what he actually wants, he just wants "something good".

Here are some that I though of off the bat:
    Bioshock
    Skyrim? (I know he didn't like Morrowind, so...)
    Mass Effect
    Dead Space
    Fallout III

Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    These aren't all exclusives but
    red dead redemption, and Gears of War are both must haves.
    prototype
    dead or alive
    call of duty: Blops for the zombies
    army of two
    ninja gaiden 2
    saboteur
    warhammer space marine is decent if he is into that lore
    x-men origins wolverine
  • I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MBIES 1N IT!!!1
  • Many hours into The Witcher after leaving it sitting in my Steam library forever. Rough in some places but still a pretty great game. Looking forward to Witcher 2 next.
  • I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MBIES 1N IT!!!1
    On a similar note, I encourage absolutely everyone to try out the XBLIM game Blockey (preferably with a friend or three). It costs a dollar and inspired some of my favorite memories of this console generation.
  • edited March 2012
    I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MBIES 1N IT!!!1
    On a similar note, I encourage absolutely everyone to try out the XBLIM game Blockey (preferably with a friend or three). It costs a dollar and inspired some of my favorite memories of this console generation.
    If you have barely scratched the surface of the XBox 360 library, your dad can probably be more than fulfilled by finding XBLA and indie games that appeal to him. Much cheaper, as well, unless you're getting some of these 4-year-old games on disc for <$10 off of a site like half.com. I surely hope you are not paying $30 at Gamestop for them.
    Post edited by Matt on
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising is an absolutely insane game with controls that work well as soon as you get used to them. It also has some crazy fun multiplayer.
  • I want that game so bad... but I don't wanna pay for a 3DS. Or a frankenstick for lefty mode. I also would like to have some money so I could buy Armored Core 5 =P
  • I've never bought a golf game before but after playing golf on Kinect Sports I was hoping that Tiger Woods with the Kinect would be similar but a much more expanded game. I rented the game and while it is pretty fun, I've been reading online at the bullshit EA is pulling with the game. They basically took a cue from Farmville on their micro transactions and stuck it alongside a game
  • Holy hell, why did I start playing Heavy Rain last night, with so little time before PAX... That game grabbed me and didn't let go until nearly midnight.
  • It looks like a 3DS game is coming that I actually want. Mario Tennis! Still, not paying over $200 for another Mario Tennis. Just going to play some good old GameCube Mario Tennis!
  • It looks like a 3DS game is coming that I actually want. Mario Tennis! Still, not paying over $200 for another Mario Tennis. Just going to play some good old GameCube Mario Tennis!
    What about virtual boy tennis?
    What about virtual boy tennis?
    It will leave you seeing red.
    I got to play it at GDC for a little bit. It felt really good. Mainly what I cared about it was that Boo is in it, and he's got his great tricky shots back.

I got to play it at GDC for a little bit. It felt really good. Mainly what I cared about it was that Boo is in it, and he's got his great tricky shots back.

Boo = most important. Still, not worth $200.
  • Yeah, definitely getting Mario Tennis Open day 1. Online Mario Tennis? SIGN ME UP.
  • Mario Kart 7. Holy hell this is great. Lots of cool kart customizations along with cups that have races from previous Mario Karts.

I haz happy. Lots of it.

I really need to learn how to get the speed boost in the beginning.
  • edited April 2012
    Mario Kart 7. Holy hell this is great. Lots of cool kart customizations along with cups that have races from previous Mario Karts.
    The new Rainbow Road is the best Mario Kart course ever.
    I really need to learn how to get the speed boost in the beginning.
    Hold A right as the 2 is disappearing.

Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • The new Rainbow Road is the best Mario Kart course ever.
    Although I like the new (what I like to call) "Grand Tour" courses, the new Rainbow Road is maybe the third best one.

And although I have a 3DS, I'd say it's probably not worth getting one quite yet. Unless you are a huge Nintendo fan.
  • The new Rainbow Road is the best Mario Kart course ever.
    Although I like the new (what I like to call) "Grand Tour" courses, the new Rainbow Road is maybe the third best one.

And although I have a 3DS, I'd say it's probably not worth getting one quite yet. Unless you are a huge Nintendo fan.
    If they start coming out with 3DS-only Phoenix Wright games, then I might finally be forced to get one. If I ever do, I will definitely wait until there is a 3DS lite.

• edited April 2012
    Nintendo really messed up the second stick shenanigans.

Also, I went to look at what year Counterstrike Source launched in. It was launched 11 days before the DS..
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • If they start coming out with 3DS-only Phoenix Wright games, then I might finally be forced to get one. If I ever do, I will definitely wait until there is a 3DS lite.
    Level-5 is making the Ace Attorney/Prof. Layton game for 3DS only.

• If they start coming out with 3DS-only Phoenix Wright games, then I might finally be forced to get one. If I ever do, I will definitely wait until there is a 3DS lite.
    Damnit.
  • Just finished Bastion. There's no way to express how much I want that man's voice.
    Damnit.
    R4i card == worth it
    Damnit.
    R4i card == worth it
    Do they have R4 for 3DS yet? How well does it work? Can it play DS, GBA, NES, SNES, GB, etc.? I remember some talk that they were going to send out updates to brick 3DSes that had R4 in them.
  • edited April 2012
    Do they have R4 for 3DS yet? How well does it work? Can it play DS, GBA, NES, SNES, GB, etc.? I remember some talk that they were going to send out updates to brick 3DSes that had R4 in them.
    I don't have one nor do I have a 3DS, but they do have 3DS R4i cards. From what I've read they work pretty well. I assume DS and GBA support would work the same way that it did with the DS R4i card which means buy more shit. NES and SNES from the DS version I did through emulators so I assume they probably already have software like that available.

I had heard it bricks your 3DS too but from what I've read on forums some people say that they are safe considering you don't update your firmware. I've also heard people say that they've updated firmware with a R4i card with no problems. There is apparently YouTube videos that confirm this. I would assume its safe but it's a bit of a gamble. I can't imagine that Nintendo could completely render your hardware useless. If they ever release an update that does brick your system someone will patch it out.

All being said I can't imagine you would be able to play online with the R4i card.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • The 3DS keeps a list of all cartridges inserted into it and this can't be erased.
    While Nintendo'd be headed straight for a lawsuit if they deliberately bricked it, shops won't take them and they could disable some features.

Also, nothing runs 3DS roms.
  • I haven't read into it very much but I am basically taking the same approach I took with the R4i card that I did with the DS, which is wait for it to be completely stable and everything works with it.
  • I haven't read into it very much but I am basically taking the same approach I took with the R4i card that I did with the DS, which is wait for it to be completely stable and everything works with it.
    Eeeeeyup.