This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• Has anyone else picked up Kid Icarus: Uprising?
    A page or two back I think someone was talking about it.

That leaves me sort of on the fence though, I really like Tim Schafer point and click adventures and I've tried some others I didn't like Broken Sword (I didn't really like it). The art style looks awesome but that's not a good reason to buy a game. Odin's Sphere was not that fun despite PA raving about its art style.
    Yep, and it's pretty amazing.
  • Yeah, I got it two days ago and I'm finding it to be pretty gripping. I don't get the mediocre reviews.
  • Nuzlocking White version is becoming problematic as all my Psychic-types keep dying on me.
  • Played a bit of Arma II last night, as well as a little Deluge because holy hell muskets are fun. The populated server I hopped on was running some very strange "life simulator" mod (A2 that is) where you earned money every few minutes that was deposited in a bank, and could eventually enlist in a career like being a cop. Also you had to buy a driver's license or else you could get fined for driving without a license. Odd.

I'll need to do a bit more reading up on the various mods/servers before I hop on again. I certainly didn't expect running and gunning, but walking around for 20 minutes trying to find an ATM so I could buy a driver's license wasn't it either. They even simulated queuing.
  • http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/starbase-orion/id438375580?mt=8

Starbase Orion. It's a MOO 2 Clone for iOS. It's not exactly the same, but it's pretty darn close. They are adding leaders in the next update, so it will be even closer. It's also modern with a streamlined touch interface, and portable. Supports hotseat! Grab an iPad and pass it around the room.

It is $8, which is a lot, but it's also the only iOS game I'm really playing these days. Whenever waiting in line, subway, before bed, take a few turns!
  • Is it multiplayer?
  • blah, iOS only? that sucks.
  • edited April 2012
    Is it multiplayer?
    Yes. It had better be for $8.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I've been playing Death Rally for the iPad. My god, it's like the early nineties regenerated into a newer, sexier version. I'll have to check out Starbase Orion though.
  • blah, iOS only? that sucks.
    Yeah, I've already decided to switch to a Galaxy S II in June. Shame there isn't anything like this for Droid.
  • Well, I would be playing some of a pretty neato beta that I helped kickstart, but apparently my machine is causing terrible input problems in Unity. I wonder if anyone else has seen problems with input in Unity games? I've seen the same problem in two now. Google says other people don't really have problems.
  • Does anyone know of good Arma 2 servers that will put up with noobishness as I'm learning the game?
  • Xenoblade Chronicles is really good.
  • Xenoblade Chronicles is really good.
    Cult classic for sure. I love it. 50 hours in now.

• http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/starbase-orion/id438375580?mt=8

Starbase Orion. It's a MOO 2 Clone for iOS. It's not exactly the same, but it's pretty darn close. They are adding leaders in the next update, so it will be even closer. It's also modern with a streamlined touch interface, and portable. Supports hotseat! Grab an iPad and pass it around the room.

It is $8, which is a lot, but it's also the only iOS game I'm really playing these days. Whenever waiting in line, subway, before bed, take a few turns!
    Yah this game owns. I'm super bad at it though :(

I just started playing Alpha Protocol, and holy crap it really is the best implementation of "player choice" Ive seen in a game. Makes Mass Effect look like a joke.
  • Oh man... that Startbase Orion looks awesome. If only I had access to these advanced techno-gadget things you people use to play this thing. I literally have never gone a year without playing some Master of Orion II since it was released.
  • Because of the news that there isn't going to be Pokemon Gray, I bought Pokemon Black. Going to start on it after I finish the new Layton, which I'm probably 60-75% through.
  • Because of the news that there isn't going to be Pokemon Gray, I bought Pokemon Black. Going to start on it after I finish the new Layton, which I'm probably 60-75% through.
    Don't pick Snivy. Snivy sucks hardcore. Oshawott and Tepig are both better in every single way.

• edited May 2012
    Don't pick Snivy. Snivy sucks hardcore. Oshawott and Tepig are both better in every single way.
    I've always referred to Sinvy as Smugleaf. Now that I think about it, I don't know the names of most of the Gen V pokemon, just what I call them. Like Afrobuffalo or Heavy Metal Zebra.

But yeah, don't get Smugleaf.
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • I think I'm gon' pick it anyway since it's the best looking. Why does it suck? Does it just not match up well with the gym leaders being all fire or something?
  • I think I'm gon' pick it anyway since it's the best looking.
    Right attitude. The little I played Black, Smugleaf was fully capable of causing destruction.

• edited May 2012
    It's stats are just okay and it suffers from the same problem as most Grass types in that has a pretty terrible move set. Samurott can end up being a fantastic pure physical attacker with a move set like Megahorn, Waterfall, Aqua Jet, and Swords Dance or it has options for being a pure special attacker or a mix of the two. It's stats can cover all of the options.

Emboar just has a great move set and stats. Mine is a physical sweeper and knows Flare Blitz (Fire), Wild Charge (Electric), Earthquake (Ground), and Brick Break (Fighting). It has almost perfect coverage against his weaknesses and can easily take hits with his 400+ HP and pretty good defense/special defense.

Really all Serperior has is that it is fast and it can use some healing moves that really aren't that effective. It can set up a pretty effective Toxic/Leech Seed combo, but it really can't take too many hits. Serperior is pretty fragile.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • Don't pick Snivy. Snivy sucks hardcore. Oshawott and Tepig are both better in every single way.

"Don't pick [grass starter]. [Grass starter] sucks hardcore."
    -Rule 1 of Pokemon.
  • Don't pick Snivy. Snivy sucks hardcore. Oshawott and Tepig are both better in every single way.
    -Rule 1 of Pokemon.
    I've always played my Pokemons with a grass starter. If they suck so bad why they always have the best designs?

• You know, even though the green one is the best looking, but it's still not that great. Maybe I'll just capture some Pokemons and use them, and put the starter in the PC.

-Rule 1 of Pokemon.
    This actually is not the case. Both Venusaur and Torterra are absolute monsters stat-wise and have excellent move pools (mostly due to the fact that they're both dual types). Sceptile is also pretty great. It's really just Meganium and Serperior that are left out in the cold in regards to use.
  • Really? Meganium can be quite a beast, if built properly.

I think Scott should just pick Snivy anyway, since it would be the most fitting for him.
  • I think Scott should just pick Snivy anyway, since it would be the most fitting for him.
    This is very, very true. I was actually thinking about choosing Snivy in Black 2, as it's the only one of the starters that I have not used in Generation V, but I keep going back and forth as to whether or not I should or not. I really want to use Pokemon that I didn't use in Black in Black 2 as so that I can grow my amount of EV trained Pokemon (I have 16 of them right now).