This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• Naa, original major way more fun, get to target and then explode everything.
  • Stand Alone Complex Major.

Sneak in, hack everything, but bring out big guns if someone deserves it or I'm in real danger.
    Best weapons for this are definitely the homing assault rifle with a silencer and the revolver with grenade rounds.

• Doing pretty well though, I've gotten Ghost on all the missions I've been sent on and not killed anyone (Though Churba told me that the guys in the tutorial count and they died.).

Grenade key next to holster weapon is the dumb. Why not just have holster be the second key press on a weapon?
  • RymRym
    edited May 2012
    Best weapons for this are definitely the homing assault rifle with a silencer and the revolver with grenade rounds pistol with silencer and AP rounds.

Fixed that for ya.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • edited May 2012
    You said big guns. Assault rifle with silencer and homing is dead quiet and a one-hit kill on almost all enemies. The grenade revolver levels everything; it's a last-ditch weapon.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Homing is just lame and pointless. ;^)

The pistol with AP rounds was my main weapon. One-shot takedowns for almost everyone, even people with armor, tons of ammo, and tons of style.
  • Same here. Maxed-out pistol w/ AP is OP.
  • edited May 2012
    Someone said grenade revolver which caused me to find this:
    1700s grenade launchers.

Gun skills, I suppose.. if you suck enough to get noticed.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited May 2012
    It seems like you guys use a lot more weaponry than I did. I only ever used the stun gun and some emp grenades or whatever for the mechs. The rest was all neck snapping and death grips. Then when I got to the parts where I had to actually use weapons I would just unload the minigun, which was mostly a chance attack.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • I don't see how anyone could have the patience to get the "Foxiest of the Hounds" achievement. The gaurds' sight is so buggy. Not that any game has done sneaking past gaurds properly.
  • Started playing Deus Ex (had it for a while, never installed). Playing on the hardest setting, stealth-style gamplay. Only on the first "real" level after you're augmented, and I'm finding it trivially easy to just sneak through the level. I did not know this apparently is just screwing me out of XP till I did some research after the fact. Is this going to just completely screw me later in the game when you have to deal with augmented opponents? I havn't lifted a weapon or had to takedown anyone at-all yet. Am I playing the game against its own nature? Basically, I'm trying to play it like Metal Gear... no weapons, just avoid getting caught, etc. And so-far it's been too easy... but I'm afraid this is going to bite me majorly.
  • It shouldn't.
  • I remember in the first Deus Ex there is a part when this kid offers to tell you some information if you give him a candy bar (it's right after the intro level near the statue of liberty). I gave this kid a candy bar, he told me the information. I then proceeded to shoot him with a tranquilizer, take back the candy bar, and throw his body in the river... all in public.
  • Fine, guys. FINE. I'll get this game. Geez!
  • I'm not getting this game now. I have plenty of things to do and plenty of unfinished games in my library.
  • I'm not getting this game now. I have plenty of things to do and plenty of unfinished games in my library.
    But you're going to buy more games anyway; We can see your Steam activity.
  • edited May 2012
    Been playing some Endless Space, it's pretty good, even in alpha. Is shitting me a little sometimes, though - I become the preminent millitary and technological power across half the galaxy, and then suddenly, out of nowhere, two empires declare war on me, and my one ally just DOESN'T GIVE A SHIT. They're just throwing an endless stream of breadnaughts at me, and despite hating each other and being at war, don't seem to attack each other, and my empire is dying the death of a thousand cuts. On the upside, I only have 106 turns left till I win by the skin of my teeth.

Post edited by Churba on
  • I picked up Dark Souls on the cheap today. Yup, it's certainly hard alright.
  • It definitely gets easier as you understand how to pull enemies and once you start to understand timing on dodges.
  • It definitely gets easier as you understand how to pull enemies and once you start to understand timing on dodges.
    By "timing of dodges" you mean "hiding behind big shield" right? Relying on light armor and dodges is like going hard mode compared to medium armor and huge shield.
  • edited May 2012
    Nah, I mean dodging with light armor. I did that for most of the game until endgame when i started using a shield. The first time I played I just hid behind a shield the whole time and you start to rely on it to protect you a lot more than it does. Light armor and dodges takes a lot more skill but once you build that skill it pays off so much. Primarily due to the fact that speed can be a huge factor in fighting many of the bosses.
  • So, I'm about to play WoW for the first time ever with my cousin. I rag on it a lot when he starts to talk about it, but I always get touche'd when he says I've never played it before. Well, now's the time to see what the World of Warcraft truly is :-D
  • DEx:HR's soundtrack is delivered in the form of WAV files, which, while highly impractical to begin with, is pretty cool, as you can convert them with just about anything.
  • DEx:HR's soundtrack is delivered in the form of WAV files, which, while highly impractical to begin with, is pretty cool, as you can convert them with just about anything.
    Taking my ominous tones on the go!
  • edited May 2012
    Coming up on the end of Apollo Justice. Starting the 4th case.
  • Starhawk is out today :)

• Unreal 1 is some pretty good stuff,
  • Persona 4 is a game where after developing a deep friendship with someone it means that you will cease to hang out with them.
  • edited May 2012
    Persona 4 is a series of games where after developing a deep friendship with someone it means that you will cease to hang out with them.
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • edited May 2012
    Persona is a series of games where after developing a deep friendship with someone it means that you will cease to hang out with them.
    That I know, but 4th one is the one where I'm currently abusing peoples friendships.

Post edited by Apsup on