This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• I felt bad abandoning the old monk in Persona 3, I kinda liked him.
  • I felt bad abandoning the old monk in Persona 3, I kinda liked him.
    How could you? How could there be anything more interesting to do at nights than hang out in bar with a old monk?

• It's not that there was a more interesting thing, just that I'd maxed him out and didn't feel like dragging the game out more once I could basically skip to midnight.
  • edited May 2012
    PCSX2 works like a charm. Might look at getting the SVN version running as they've broken out one of processes into a third thread. This is FFX running from my DVD drive and I've not got to work optimizing it. Also need to rip the disc to an ISO to improve performance.

Edit: http://pcsx2.net/svn.php contains auto-build SVN builds. Turned on the multi-thread speedhack and I'm getting 50FPS pretty much constantly.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Are images of PS2 games easy to find? Having a real PS2 right here, next to me, means that emulator of one is useless until I can use it to play the games I don't have on my collection.
  • PS2 emu that works? Awww shit son.
  • It's kinda worked for the past 3 years. Many games are still shit.
  • I'm not playing this (yet), but it looks very interesting - the DayZ zombie survival mod for ArmA 2.
  • I was thinking about buying OA to install DayZ and play around with that, but decided against it.

However, Paradox did send me a free copy of Arctic War, so it looks like I'm gonna be doing that! I'm also tempted to do Endless Space.
  • Oh DayZ...
  • I picked up a copy of Dead Rising 2 to blast through zombies until Diablo 3 comes out. It is pretty fun but I find this game to be way more frustrating when you die in Dark Souls. I think it's just because of the awesome mechanic of being able to get your souls back and keep your levels. When you die in Dead Rising you just lose everything. Granted there are more save areas but I always forget about them because I'm trying to get mission done in time and I usually forget to save.
  • Picked up Dragon Age 2 for $20 and I'm already liking it a hell of a lot more than the first Dragon Age.
  • I like them both, but the second one certainly has a superior fighting system.
  • Dead rising 2: off the record adds awesome co-op to the game
  • Dead rising 2: off the record adds awesome co-op to the game
    I though the original had co-op, or is there some sort of better co-op?
  • edited May 2012
    DayZ is really fun, the most fun I had playing ArmA 2. I've got a group of people I can trust exploring inland. I've learned many things about survival. If anyone wants me to I can give out some help.
    Post edited by Nine Boomer on
  • Oh mans. I've been meaning to try out DayZ. Anyone want to set up a game sometime?
  • You can't set up a private game. I emailed the mod developers myself and they denied my request to set up a small passworded server. We can try and have everyone all join a specific server and hope we spawn somewhere remotely close.
  • Oh. We could do that, then. What are people up to now-ish?
  • Too bad I can't give out access to our private DayZ server :3
  • edited May 2012
    I just played World of Warcraft for the first time ever, and the only saving point of my experience was that I was playing with my cousin. First of all, I really do not like the style of game it is and how the controls are mapped out. Fighting felt unwieldy and unnatural. Movement didn't really seem to matter in fights, and in the end it seems like the fight hinges on whether your stats are better than your enemies stats. It seems like the entire game is entirely focused on "grinding", and spawning in a field of a million of the same enemy doesn't help either. The one saving point of the game was that I got to act like a 12 year old with my cousin and go lesbo with two half naked Bloodelf chicks.

Recently, my cousin said he wanted to play Click'm 2, but didn't want to pay $20 for it. So after looking into less than legal ways to play Click'm 2 on Battle.net, I found out that Blizzard is pretty damn good at keeping obvious frauds out of their system. It seems like my cousin is going to have to shell out $20 bucks to play the game online, which I personally would not do. However, although I do know all the flaws of Click'm 2, I daresay, that game is still fun for some reason. :-)
    Post edited by Clockian on
    What, just so you and your chums can hunt us for sport, with your Bounding Overwatches and your Defilades, huh? NO DEAL.
    kjdhgjnudaISBGHSFI WHAT FUCK WHAT. HOW.
  • edited May 2012
    I just played World of Warcraft for the first time ever, and the only saving point of my experience was that I was playing with my cousin. First of all, I really do not like the style of game it is and how the controls are mapped out. Fighting felt unwieldy and unnatural. Movement didn't really seem to matter in fights, and in the end it seems like the fight hinges on whether your stats are better than your enemies stats. It seems like the entire game is entirely focused on "grinding", and spawning in a field of a million of the same enemy doesn't help either. The one saving point of the game was that I got to act like a 12 year old with my cousin and go lesbo with two half naked Bloodelf chicks.

Recently, my cousin said he wanted to play Click'm 2, but didn't want to pay $20 for it. So after looking into less than legal ways to play Click'm 2 on Battle.net, I found out that Blizzard is pretty damn good at keeping obvious frauds out of their system. It seems like my cousin is going to have to shell out $20 bucks to play the game online, which I personally would not do. However, although I do know all the flaws of Click'm 2, I daresay, that game is still fun for some reason. :-)
    I actually played it recently because a friend of mine has been asking me to try it for 3-4 years. It was the most boring shit I've ever done in such a long time. That game is seriously just awful on so many levels. Then I got banned.

Post edited by Nine Boomer on
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle is a blast. I've never had more fun watching small red symbols approach other geometries before.
  • edited May 2012
    By the time I'd dealt with stealth woman, there was so much blood everywhere it covered an area about three times larger than she was. I ran out of ammo for one gun and switched to another. All the time she was stuck in geometry so I have no idea how many shots it would take if I could have missed (Though she does like to run straight at you.).

Much as I'd like the pacifist achievement, there's been too many times where I'm looting guys after the fact and find one has copped it somehow.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
    kjdhgjnudaISBGHSFI WHAT FUCK WHAT. HOW
    In case you didn't know, our group is kinda a big deal in the ArmA community... :smug:

• I looked up the pacifist achievement, it seems there are lots of glitches that can cause you to lose it. Sometimes the tranq rifle will accidentally kill.
  • I'm doing pacifist and generally I don't need the tranq rifle so-far. Everything is about finding the correct hidey holes and possibly the correct order to knock-out guards (if you want to do that).
  • I found a dead guy in one of the forced fire-fights who was dead for no reason.
    I was planning on going back once I had a feel for the game but if there's no indicator until you finish an area and enemies die in odd ways, I take it I'm not sure it's what it's cracked up to be.

Let me know how you manage.