This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• edited February 2013
    I'd be playing it if I wasn't addicted to Planetside 2, it was pretty good when I tried it a few months ago.
    The problem with planetside 2 is that I'm the only person I know who plays on Briggs, so I'm lone wolfing it constantly. Every time I join up with a squad, they're either fucking assholes, or fucking morons. After a while, it just wears on you - especially when my entire life in Planetside 2 is either being sneaky and doing what I can before some level 50-odd fuckbag rips me to bits, or trying to go in with the rest of the regular combat troops, and being instantly turned into hamburger helper by the nearest level 50 shitbag.

It's so bad that I'm thinking of simply upping stakes and moving over to Matheson, just so that I can actually play with people, despite the fact that having any lag in PS2 is torturous, simply because going lone all the time is worse. Without friends, PS2 is a lonely, frustrating grind, only interrupted by being instagibbed any time you come within fifteen yards of a higher level player.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I'd go on the forums and maybe see if there is an outfit that you want to join. Really PS2 is not really designed to lone wolf it. The game reached new levels once I joined SG.
  • GeoGeo
    edited February 2013
    I'd be playing it if I wasn't addicted to Planetside 2, it was pretty good when I tried it a few months ago.
    The problem with planetside 2 is that I'm the only person I know who plays on Briggs, so I'm lone wolfing it constantly. Every time I join up with a squad, they're either fucking assholes, or fucking morons. After a while, it just wears on you - especially when my entire life in Planetside 2 is either being sneaky and doing what I can before some level 50-odd fuckbag rips me to bits, or trying to go in with the rest of the regular combat troops, and being instantly turned into hamburger helper by the nearest level 50 shitbag.

It's so bad that I'm thinking of simply upping stakes and moving over to Matheson, just so that I can actually play with people, despite the fact that having any lag in PS2 is torturous, simply because going lone all the time is worse. Without friends, PS2 is a lonely, frustrating grind, only interrupted by being instagibbed any time you come within fifteen yards of a higher level player.
    I'll join you later tonight, Churbs. I will rectify your loneliness woes. Lets make a plan to meet up tonight.

Edit: My screenname is mageos, btw.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • My only issue with planetside 2 was that the map just seemed barren and boring and driving ATVs was only fun for so long
  • My issue with planetside 2 was grinding. I could only tolerate it for so long.
  • edited February 2013
    I play for experiences not grinding towards stuff if I find I suddenly have certs to buy stuff I do.

I find I never am trying across barren areas, at worst I just /suicide and rez at a nearer base. Though some of the best battles are fought in those dead zones...
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • edited February 2013
    I'll join you later tonight, Churbs. I will rectify your loneliness woes. Lets make a plan to meet up tonight.

On Briggs? Don't worry about it, man, when I say the lag is bad, I'm not kidding. You don't want to play PS2 on a 300 ping. I got a bit much work to do today to put too much time into PS2 in your evening time. But, we'll set up a time and rock out some - I can come over to your server, whichever that is - I'm used to the huge pings, since they didn't have Australian servers during the beta.
    I play for experiences not grinding towards stuff if I find I suddenly have certs to buy stuff I do.

I find I never am trying across barren areas, at worst I just /suicide and rez at a nearer base. Though some of the best battles are fought in those dead zones...
    Truth. As much as I have a love-hate relationship with the game, I play for the experiences, not just the XP. I don't pay much attention to certs, I just suddenly have some, so I pick something up.

The only time I'm crossing a barren area is when I'm trying to flank around an enemy to hack some terminals and grab a tank to hit them from behind. Either that, or to soften a quiet base before the serious business assault.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I got to a point where I said, "I still don't have full light assault certs."
  • edited February 2013
    Well if you bought the first episode of KRZ as opposed to the "complete" version you now have the complete version for $7 as opposed to $25.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • GeoGeo
    edited February 2013

On Briggs? Don't worry about it, man, when I say the lag is bad, I'm not kidding. You don't want to play PS2 on a 300 ping. I got a bit much work to do today to put too much time into PS2 in your evening time. But, we'll set up a time and rock out some - I can come over to your server, whichever that is - I'm used to the huge pings, since they didn't have Australian servers during beta.
    I'm on Matherson.

Post edited by Geo on
  • I gotta remind myself to add you even if you are a alien humper :-p
  • Dirty Space hippies and their Patchouli-powered tanks.
  • Medieval 2 Total War again! Way back in around 2006-2007, I had a routine where I got home from school, listened to the new Geeknights and played Total War. It was so weird playing the games without the podcast that I had to go trawl back to some old episodes to fix the experience.
  • I am at the point where my skills are at not suck for Civ V, who wants in on my first multi-player game? I think we should G chat it and potentially stream it for lulz purposes.
  • Fire Embleeeeeeemmmmmmmm. Because I love both tactics games and ludicrous amounts of shipping.
    Also, help, I'm falling into the trap of shipping my avatar and the main character, I thought you weren't supposed to do that.
  • Also, help, I'm falling into the trap of shipping my avatar and the main character, I thought you weren't supposed to do that.
    Yeah, I've been avoiding that like crazy. I haven't run across anyone yet that is good enough for my badass, cute-as-heck tactician.
  • I'm liking Gaius and Donnel myself. Kellam would be better if he had more than one joke.

Also, Sully/Stahl OTP 4ever.
  • I'd go on the forums and maybe see if there is an outfit that you want to join. Really PS2 is not really designed to lone wolf it. The game reached new levels once I joined SG.
    I told you. :)

I told you. :)
    I think the part where you suggested going to a public forum for a free to play game is where I lost you, there. Reddit is quite bad enough for my tastes, thank you very much, and even that is relatively acceptable, compared to wide swathes of the rest of the internet.

• Still playing War Thunder. Almost ground up to rank 10 in US fighters. Jesus christ, the P-63 is amazing. Also the P-47, when it's not soaking up enemy bullets. Also, hitting a biplane with a 37mm cannon shell is just hilarious. It turns into confetti.
  • Finished Spec-Ops the line last night. Was as good as I wanted it to be and most of it has already been talked about here. Only complaint is now that I know most of the twists I don't really see the point of replaying it.

Bit of Mass Effect 3 but the interest is wayning slighty, the gun customisation is pretty interesting.

Killing Floor on the other had has been played a dick ton. Really enjoying the game just need to find some regular people to play with.
  • Finished Spec-Ops the line last night. Was as good as I wanted it to be and most of it has already been talked about here. Only complaint is now that I know most of the twists I don't really see the point of replaying it.
    I actually thought to replay it at some point just to experience it i a way where I know the twist, see how things change then.

I actually thought to replay it at some point just to experience it i a way where I know the twist, see how things change then.

There is the option to go back and do the "bad" ending but that game does a dam good job of making the "bad" ending mean your a monster. In comparison to say Mass Effect where I just feel like a bit of a douche.
  • There is the option to go back and do the "bad" ending but that game does a dam good job of making the "bad" ending mean your a monster. In comparison to say Mass Effect where I just feel like a bit of a douche.
    I don't mean the other ending, I mean all of the story. I believe that the story of The Line is one of those kind of stories where you see it differently when you know the twist. That I believe to be the difference between good twist and bad twist. Knowing good twist just makes you look at the story differently and you get new point of view to it, while knowing bad twist just makes rest of the story not matter.

• There is the option to go back and do the "bad" ending but that game does a dam good job of making the "bad" ending mean your a monster. In comparison to say Mass Effect where I just feel like a bit of a douche.
    I don't mean the other ending, I mean all of the story. I believe that the story of The Line is one of those kind of stories where you see it differently when you know the twist. That I believe to be the difference between good twist and bad twist. Knowing good twist just makes you look at the story differently and you get new point of view to it, while knowing bad twist just makes rest of the story not matter.

Ah now I'm with you. Yeah it would be interesting knowing what I know to see how I view the game. I very nearly did one of the endings after the phosporus attack but was presured to carry on.
  • Still playing War Thunder. Almost ground up to rank 10 in US fighters. Jesus christ, the P-63 is amazing. Also the P-47, when it's not soaking up enemy bullets. Also, hitting a biplane with a 37mm cannon shell is just hilarious. It turns into confetti.
    Oh man, War thunder is fun. Some of the game modes more than others, admittedly - I'm not a huge fan of domination, for example, because it seems that whichever team takes two fields first just wins.
    I believe that the story of The Line is one of those kind of stories where you see it differently when you know the twist.
    For example, that bit with the heavy, the mannequins and the strobe light becomes hilarious, because you realize that from his perspective, some mad bastard is just fucking up a bunch of mannequins with a shotgun while he walks slowly and calmly across the room.

• edited February 2013
    Played Donkey Kong on a machine today. It was significantly more difficult than expected. I couldn't figure out even how to beat the second level. Me and mom had to brainstorm what to do. She was the one who thought to make all the little peg things go away.
    Post edited by Greg on
  • Played Donkey Kong on a machine today. It was significantly more difficult than expected. I couldn't figure out even how to beat the second level. Me and mom had to brainstorm what to do. She was the one who thought to make all the little peg things go away.
    Yeha, you jump over all of them. It shows you what to do, IIRC.
  • Anyone trying the Black Ops f2p weekend event? Don't bother replying unless you're saying yes.
  • edited February 2013
    Anyone trying the Black Ops f2p weekend event? Don't bother replying unless you're saying yes.
    No, I don't think I will.
    Post edited by johndis on