This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• edited February 2013
    Game Dev Story has me hooked in a very big bad way.
    You should(n't) try Dungeon Village
    Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • Game Dev Story has me hooked in a very big bad way.
    HO LEE SHIT

HO LEE SHIT

I will bet anyone* that Scott won't like it.

*Except Scott, naturally.
    I honestly wasn't that big into Dungeon Village. I like what it tried to do, but something about it just didn't gel with me the way Game Dev Story did.

• Dungeon Village is the best, but it is not a game. If you are stuck somewhere, and you need to press buttons, it provides infinite pressing. With *ville games where you can only press buttons once a day unless you pay real money. In Dungeon Village you just keep doing stuff forever and ever.

Also, the cuteness.
  • I have only played CS:GO since university started back up. I'm too busy to really care about anything else unfortunately.
  • edited February 2013
    Dungeon Village is the best, but it is not a game. If you are stuck somewhere, and you need to press buttons, it provides infinite pressing. With *ville games where you can only press buttons once a day unless you pay real money. In Dungeon Village you just keep doing stuff forever and ever.

Also, the cuteness.
    The game gets progressively more demanding, and I don't think it scales with the player's progress. Eventually, a dragon will show up or the monsters will get too tough an all of a sudden you can't meet goals, and you'll need to start over.

It isn't too intense and the skill ceiling is pretty low, but there are definitely "wrong" ways of playing it that you can learn to avoid.

That being said, a FAQ can probably tell you how to play 100% efficiently. The fun is trying to find that for yourself.
    Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • edited February 2013
    Playing some games with a sub 20 ping is weird yet comparable to playing with a high ping. I shoot a guy twice at close range with an automatic shotgun as he appears around the corner, there's a short pause, and then every bullet he has shot in the meantime hits me in a single shot and kills me.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Antichamber, it's pretty brain twisting and some effects are just a little too subtle, I'm looking at you green gun blowing up blocks with a slightly different animation!
  • I am trying to get into Civ V now, having never playing a Civ game I am going through the tutorials slowly.
  • I am trying to get into Civ V now, having never playing a Civ game I am going through the tutorials slowly.
    You should probably try Civ 2 first.
  • Ever since I've got my new PC, I've had an endless list of games to play. Currently, I've been playing NS2 and Morrowind with the Morrowind Graphic and Sound Overhaul mod, which make the game incredibly beautiful and more intense of an experience.
  • I don't get why no one has been playing Chivalry? I've had so much fun with that game. They recently released a new patch for it too.
  • I don't know Rubin, Civ 2 and Civ V are so different it's better to just learn V.
  • I don't know Rubin, Civ 2 and Civ V are so different it's better to just learn V.
    Civ 2 is so much simpler, you can learn the general idea much more quickly.
  • V is so different that many of the concepts do not transfer. Just learn V, it has a better interface anyways.
  • V is so different that many of the concepts do not transfer. Just learn V, it has a better interface anyways.
    I really don't consider it to be in the same line. Civ 5 is so different from any other Civ that they're entirely separate games.

I dislike V the more I play it, to be honest...

• The more I play any 4X game, the more I realize I really just want to go back to playing Alpha Centauri.
  • I found V to be significantly better with the Gods and Kings expansion.
  • I found V to be significantly better with the Gods and Kings expansion.
    It didn't fix multiplayer, and thus I have no interest.

Civ IV was crappy and crunchy enough to be a relatively satisfying single-player experience. But Civ V is so focused on victory conditions that it plays more like a complex board game.

I have almost no interest in playing such a game single-player.
  • edited February 2013
    It was the game that I was gifted, so I shall learn it and attempt to play online with some hardcore types.

Trying to learn the basics so that I play against the AI for my feet to get wet, then be willing to set up a "real" game.
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • If you want multiplayer grand strategy, the best option is to play Crusader Kings II or EU4 when it comes out.
  • I'll be up for a multiplayer game of Civ V, even with it's issues..
  • Ever since I've got my new PC, I've had an endless list of games to play. Currently, I've been playing NS2 and Morrowind with the Morrowind Graphic and Sound Overhaul mod, which make the game incredibly beautiful and more intense of an experience.
    Sounds like you've got your gaming time occupied for the next 4 years...
  • Finished the main story of Strike Suit Zero. It was fun. I kinda want to see the other endings, but that involves some grinding of missions.
  • Looks like a CT lawmaker wants to impose a tax on violent video games...
  • Will that tax even pay for the bureaucracy needed to create it?
  • News channel reported a 10% tax this morning.
  • How the hell do they plan to differentiate between violent and nonviolent? Will Steam have to have a database column now for "violent" vs "nonviolent"? Or does the tax apply to all video games? sigh.
  • So I've been playing DMC, and I was worried that it might lose the feel of the franchise I love what with the new team and frame rate. Then Dante got into a fuck you of with a ancient demon and Virgil boasted about the size of his genitals and I knew I was home.