This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• Seriously Scott, just buy a 3DS. It's a good time. You're going to PAX East and will have tons of opportunities for so many Street Pass encounters.
  • Seriously Scott, just buy a 3DS. It's a good time. You're going to PAX East and will have tons of opportunities for so many Street Pass encounters.
    I already have more games than I know what to do with. Why buy more, even if they are really good?
    I already have more games than I know what to do with. Why buy more, even if they are really good?
    Do you still have tons of normal DS games to play or portable games for that matter?
  • edited February 2013
    Seriously Scott, just buy a 3DS. It's a good time. You're going to PAX East and will have tons of opportunities for so many Street Pass encounters.
    Do you still have tons of normal DS games to play or portable games for that matter?
    Yes, even GBA games. And that doesn't include piracy card.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Like what? I do as well, but I'm enjoying more of the the digital content right now on my 3DS. I am also a person who has tons of DS games to play, but my 3DS was free so it was an easy choice. I did pay to upgrade it to the 3DS XL.

I have 1299 Street Pass Tags and my Plaza Population is 622. I could have had more from previous PAXes, but I got lazy from checking them. I'm missing 7 states that other Miis are from.
  • The ones I can think of without going home and looking:

Haevn't beaten Golden Sun 2
    Haven't even started playing Golden Sun DS
    Haven't beaten Fire Emblem DS
    Haven't beaten Edgeworth Investigations
  • Fire Emblem DS and Golden Sun DS are not worth the time. You should still finish the other two though.
  • edited February 2013
    Golden Sun DS is shit, the rest are okay. Although I didn't play Golden Sun 2 because I couldn't remember what happened in the first game.

EDIT: Yeah skip fire emblem ds too. The GBA ones are good.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Y U guys hate Golden Sun?
  • edited February 2013
    Edgeworth Investigations is quite short. I've played it already twice. And I'm waiting for the sequel that will never come.

So go play Edgeworth.
    Post edited by Apsup on
  • I loved the first one, I tried playing the ds one and it was just... not good. It might be more that I can't handle super generic JRPGs anymore.
  • I loved the first one, I tried playing the ds one and it was just... not good. It might be more that I can't handle super generic JRPGs anymore.
    I can't either. I like Golden Sun because it is puzzly.
  • edited February 2013
    I encountered no puzzle in ds one, but I didn't play that long. Also I don't remember the series being very puzzle heavy to begin with.

Also Churba and Linkigi not 100% sure I can play Payday today, just a heads up. Forgot my mom was coming in to town. I still may be available but don't wait up for me.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • I encountered no puzzle in ds one, but I didn't play that long. Also I don't remember the series being very puzzle heavy to begin with.
    Half the game is using the ESP powers on the map to get through rooms in the dungeons and find secrets.

• That sounds familiar.
  • Two words... Fire Emblem.

Your backlog is irrelevant.
  • Speaking of backlogs, one game that I never played back in the PS2 days but always wanted to (being a fan of GTA) was Bully. I finally fixed that hole recently, and I'm so glad I did. That game is just a lot of fun.

Also, not something that I'm playing, but my girlfriend started playing Ocarina for the first time last night. Man it's really hard watching her play that game. She's not that bad at it, but just bad enough that I constantly want to be telling her what she's doing wrong. I don't though, cause I want to keep her around.
  • Also, not something that I'm playing, but my girlfriend started playing Ocarina for the first time last night. Man it's really hard watching her play that game. She's not that bad at it, but just bad enough that I constantly want to be telling her what she's doing wrong. I don't though, cause I want to keep her around.
    I nominate this for Post of the Day.

This man is showing restraint!

• When I was playing OoT on the 3DS, I used the original strategy guide that Jeremy had for whenever I had issues. I really need to go back and finish that game.
  • edited February 2013
    When I was playing OoT on the 3DS, I used the original strategy guide that Jeremy had for whenever I had issues. I really need to go back and finish that game.
    The 3D is STUNNING. On the XL anyway.

It was OOT that gave me that "Oh, right, 3D IS actually really nice" feeling.

On a portable anyway.
    Post edited by InvaderREN on
  • Yeah. I really want to finish the 3DS games I have before June when the game to end all games is released.

I really don't think that's going to happen.

List of 3DS games:

Ocarina of Time
    Layton & Miracle Mask
    Paper Mario: Sticker Star
    Mario 3D Land

There is possibly more, but I have to look at home.
  • edited February 2013
    Wrong thread.
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • What is the Game to End All Games? Call of Duty: Future Ops Cybermancy Squad?
  • Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

I've been waiting ever so long for this game.
  • I need to finish the 3DS Layton. The only problem with it is the intro portion is so freaking long. I think I am 3 or 4 hours in have less than 20 puzzles found.
  • Yeah, I noticed that too. I am really digging the daily puzzles.
  • Well I would be playing Civ 5 tonight but despite meeting the minimum requirements its juddery as hell, full screen does not make it full screen. Its all rather irritating as, I don't really know what to do from here.
  • Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

I pre-ordered it as a Christmas gift for my wife in Christmas... 2011. She still refuses to believe the game exists.

• edited February 2013
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

I pre-ordered it as a Christmas gift for my wife in Christmas... 2011. She still refuses to believe the game exists.
    Whenever I see their Japanese Twitter feed update, I get so envious. Just a few more months.

Edit: FYI, Crashmo is currently on sale for $5.99.

Edit 2: Apparently Picross e & e2 are only available for Japan/UK eShop. Seriously? Ugh.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Final Fantasy Tactics for the PS1!