This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• I am a born assassin in various games.
  • WoW rougue and spy in TF2 are not "stealth" an any sense that one would use "stealth game" to describe a genre.

Think Mark of the Ninja or Metal Gear Solid.
  • I am a born assassin in various games.
    I must admit, I do feel a small mark of pride in that I'm currently topping the charts in a few levels on Mark of the Ninja, at least among my steam friends. Stealth-focused video games are my jam, but equally, bad stealth is the fucking WORST.

• Good at all four of those mentioned games. Also games where you're not supposed to stealth.

I also try to play almost every first person shooter like it was an MGS game and get disappointed.
  • Never played any of those games either. I did watch a previous boyfriend play MGS. It's something that doesn't appeal to me. It looks cool.

Perhaps if it goes on super duper sale or something. Is there a demo?
  • Ro, just play it. Monaco is the ultimate party game. Did you not see the huge crowds at PAX around the booth all the time? Why so unnecessarily skeptical?
  • No. I don't recall it being at PAX. I didn't even know Space Team was at PAX until the Omegathon.
  • No. I don't recall it being at PAX. I didn't even know Space Team was at PAX until the Omegathon.
    Monaco has been at almost every PAX for years.
  • Yeah. Never noticed it.
  • But all the cool kids are doing it!
  • Bought Monaco because of hype and it looking and sounding cool. Also tried it out a bit, but now I'm facing a dilemma. Will I play it alone, whenever I want, however I want, but knowing that I'm having suboptimal experience. Or to never play it, because I'm way too lazy to try to find/arrange any kind of group to play with.
  • I'll probably be picking it up at some point in the near future.
  • Downloaded my pre-order copy yesterday and played for about 45min with the wife, (although after going to sleep w/ menu on, Steam says I played 9 hours. I wish!). Last night, I learned that she completely does not grasp the concept of a stealth game, or she does, but it does not appeal to her in any way. I loved the game, but don't think it will be one of those "together" games.

Does anyone know if you can blend local and online co-op?
  • ZOMG Wargames: Airland Battle is awesome-sauce indeed.
  • KC_KC_
    edited April 2013
    I'm trying to play through Castlevania: Mirror of Fate on 3DS, but I can't stop thinking how this isn't Symphony of the Night... and then I go and load that game up on my Vita.

Also, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate... and lots of it. Even got a solid play group here at my job for lunch break hunts.
    Post edited by KC_ on
  • Super Hexagon.
    69 Seconds Hexagon.
    64 Seconds Hexagoner.
    10 Seconds Hexagonest.

Much work to do, but that bizarre feeling of the entire world slowing down when you play this is slightly addicting. If I could just channel that in general...
  • Super Hexagon.
    69 Seconds Hexagon.
    64 Seconds Hexagoner.
    10 Seconds Hexagonest.

Much work to do, but that bizarre feeling of the entire world slowing down when you play this is slightly addicting. If I could just channel that in general...
    Kind of reminds me of playing Half-Minute Hero. What kind of game is it? I've never played this Hexagon series before.

• edited April 2013
    Oh mans. You need to. I believe Justin told you about it on episode 6 or 7 of your podcast.

If you have iOS, feel free to add people here as friends on your GameCenter account. It's nice because we get some friendly competition to try to beat each other's scores.

Here are my highest times:

Hexagon: 76:48
    Hexagonner: 61:15
    Hexagonest: 16:14

Edit: I would say that out of all the games I play, this is the best quick breakout game to play when just killing some short amount of time.

I believe Trogdor, Pangloss, and WindUpBird had random break out competitions at PAX East where they call out a Hexagon challenge and they immediately play one game and see who gets the furthest. That's pretty cool.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited April 2013
    I believe it was WuB who said that the coolest part about Super Hexagon is how you can feel yourself getting better the more you play. It's definitely one of my favorite mobile games.

By the way, if you have it on Steam or got it in that Humble Bundle, playing it with a keyboard is definitely the easiest way.
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
  • Super Hexagon? Friendly competition? It's on.
  • edited April 2013
    >_>
    <_<

Planet side 2...
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • I'd be up for playing some Monaco tomorrow during the day. I'll probably just be hanging around the house cleaning and doing laundry otherwise.
  • Just completed all five Back to the Future chapters. Good games with some awesome dialog.
  • edited April 2013
    http://drop.notch.net/

So far I have 146 330!
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • edited April 2013
    Playing Smite right now. It's a MOBA that might be Scott-approved.

-You can pay $30 to get everything, forever
    -Everyone is side-grades anyway (ostensibly), and they set you up with a guy for every role to begin with, so people who don't pay aren't gimped when fighting you
    -No killing your own dudes
    -No auto attacks
    -No meta-leveling XP-grind component
    -You can set up automatic item and skill purchases for each character outside of matches, and they come with personalized pre-made sets for every character, which are so good that you only need to mess with it if you're at a crazy high level of play. You can turn these off mid-game if you realize you need something special.
    -There are multiple modes, some of which are shorter if you don't want a long-ass game.
    -It has Bacchus, Poseidon, and Odin as playable characters. Which, as far as I know, are the officially Geeknights-sponsored deities. (And it has a Tribes-themed Thor skin.)

edit: -There is a real fucking tutorial, that will teach you about stuff like 'ganking' and 'jungling' and 'lanes' and such.
    Post edited by Xefas on
  • Interesting. Still don't have time for that, though.
  • Poseidon's super move is a kraken.
  • I always played the Monkey king, because Sun Wukong is 100% legit.
  • http://drop.notch.net/

So far I have 146 330!
    Possible game for the Grand Prix?