This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• GeoGeo
    edited April 2013
    http://www.depressionquest.com/
    This game made me have all the feels; I've been this way at one time or another. I'm a whole lot better now, but I've still got some things to work on. I'm sharing this with everyone I know; this game needs to be more well-known.

Post edited by Geo on
  • Found it boring. I'm clearly an asshole.
  • I personally don't deal with depression beyond what I would describe as "normal depression" for lack of a better term (feeling occasionally bummed but not debilitating in any way). But I have had a few close friends who've dealt with clinical depression and the whole narrative felt familiar from my experiences. I found it to be interesting and insightful.
  • http://www.depressionquest.com/
    I'm honestly kind of afraid to play that.
  • We should marathon depression quest and narcissu.
  • Finally took some time to try out Galactic Civilization 1 & 2. Are these more than just updated clones of Master of Orion without multiplayer?
  • I've played through almost every 4x game I could manage to get my hands on, so far the best game of that genre recently is Endless Space.
  • Nearning the end of System Shock 2. It seems that I made some bad choices with my build, or resource management and now the playing is constant struggle with no bullets and very little health. That's quite annoying.
  • Got Sonic Colors for my birthday so I've been playing that a bit. Its pretty good although the controls seem a little weird but I'm used to it. It isn't as good as Sonic Generations but it's worth playing. I'm also going through my backlog of DS games now that I have a DSi XL, and since I don't have a DSi-compatible piracy card yet. I've mostly just been playing Pokemon Black so far.
  • Started up Bioshock Infinite. Loving it so far.
  • Tried replaying FO3 as evil. Blew up Megaton, integrated Tenpenny Tower. I already was regretting my mistake, because even the people I brought in to replace the snobs were snobs. Also, no bathrooms. Went off into the city when I ran into the wreckage from Megaton. Talked to Ghoul Moira. Walked through the wreckage, getting radiation poisoning. In-game cried. I couldn't do this because of the game engine, but I'm going to pretend that I shot myself in the temple with my 10mm, because that game is over. Restarting from scratch.
  • Megaton is the better home because it is easier to get to. Tenpenny Tower requires walking into the building and then riding the elevator just to get to your room.
  • Finishing ME2 on the pc to finally move to my first ME3 play through. Also playing a lot of Persona 4 too. Probably one of the more compelling JRPG I've allowed myself to play but damn people weren't joking when they said it was a time sink. 50 hours in and I know I have at least 5 more dungeons it looks like from GameFAQs.
  • Finishing ME2 on the pc to finally move to my first ME3 play through. Also playing a lot of Persona 4 too. Probably one of the more compelling JRPG I've allowed myself to play but damn people weren't joking when they said it was a time sink. 50 hours in and I know I have at least 5 more dungeons it looks like from GameFAQs.
    Your first persona will be the longest. I handled Persona 4 in about 60 hours maybe, but that was because I know lot of the mechanics and concepts from playing P3P first so I had some idea how to approach the game from the get go.

• I went completionist on my first run of Persona 4, and I managed to rack up something like a hundred hours (although there might have been an instance of leaving it on overnight in there). It's great, but the anime is the game and is also good if you don't want to make the time investment.
  • In which I lead a company sized element to perform coordinated air/ground operations.
  • I've been considering getting p3p after since I don't know what I'll do with my Vita after I'm done but I expect another pretty long adventure.
  • I've been considering getting p3p after since I don't know what I'll do with my Vita after I'm done but I expect another pretty long adventure.
    Oh yea, didn't remember/realize that you are playing golden. That alone adds some hours to the game as I understand that it has quite a lot of extra content.

Also if you like P4 you'll probably also like P3, they are pretty similar in many ways.

• Got Monster Hunter Freedom Unite after trying the Soul Sacrifice demo (first monster hunter type game I've played). This is extremely my shit.
  • Preordered Monaco. The "Monte-Carlo" prototype the preorder comes with is surprisingly good, considering it's 2 years old and unfinished. Very excited for its release on Tuesday.
  • I pre-ordered Monaco as well, so I'll be playing that very soon.

In other "what I've been playing," I beat Rhythm Thief last night on 3DS. I really can't recommend the game, even though it did some things I liked and I grabbed it on Amazon for $10.
    - Good: Beautiful anime cutscene animation, with great use of 3D. Variety in the different types of rhythm mini-games you are asked to play.
    - Bad: Story is awful. The game in-between actual rhythm games is incredibly tedious in its attempts to mimic Professor Layton, but all of the side-quests have zero draw, so you just wind up racing to the next mini-game and blowing through dialogue. Mini-games themselves have incredibly finicky difficulty levels. It's very dissatisfying to ace 98% of a challenge, then miss a string of notes/moves at the last second and have your A rating fall to D, with no clear consequences in-game, so why go back and perfect your performance?

I also bought the three Guild01 games off the 3DS eShop. Going to crack into Aero Porter first.
  • I've been playing Monaco for the past week.
  • I've been playing Dota 2 a lot more recently again.
    Also Dwarf Fortress. I've finally gotten to the point where I can handle the basic stuff and can put up a basic fortress that lives and survives, at least until the first big catastrophe.
  • Fallout. All of it, interchangibly. When I get sick/frustrated with New Vegas, I start playing 1. When I get sick of that, I start playing 3. Switch that out for Tactics. I fucking love these games. Accidentally stayed up to 2 playing them last night.
  • I've been playing Dota 2 a lot more recently again.
    Also Dwarf Fortress. I've finally gotten to the point where I can handle the basic stuff and can put up a basic fortress that lives and survives, at least until the first big catastrophe.
    Gnomoria..
  • I have decided to pick up Pokemon Soul Silver after 3 years.
  • I have decided to pick up Pokemon Soul Silver after 3 years.
    Pokewalker!

• So can someone tell me why Monaco is the business? I saw the trailer and can see the appeal, but I guess it may not be for me.
  • So can someone tell me why Monaco is the business? I saw the trailer and can see the appeal, but I guess it may not be for me.
    I've been playing it for a while now (review copy).

1. It's a heist game
    2. It's competitive co-op
    3. It's a steath game...
    4. ...until you fuck up and shit goes crazy.

• I'm not one for stealth type games. I could never play the rogue class in WoW. I am horribad as a Spy in TF2.

Yeah. Probably not something up my alley.