This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• Ok, so now I'm a cop attacking a Russian mafia hangout. I can't kill anyone. I can only hit guys on the head to disable them temporarily. It won't let me pick up knives. If I pick up a gun, I remove the ammo from it to prevent bad guys from using it. Bad guys have no problems killing me, however. Fuck this nonsense.
  • Hyrule Warriors is my jam. I never played Dynasty Warriors, so it's all new to me. I love just being all different types of characters from the Zelda universe. They even let you play the bad guys with their storyline.

It's has it's grinding features, but you can just play through and get what you want out of the game. They are updates fairly frequently that adds new content.

So far my favorite playable warriors are Impa and Sheik.
  • Apreche said:

Ok, so now I'm a cop attacking a Russian mafia hangout. I can't kill anyone. I can only hit guys on the head to disable them temporarily. It won't let me pick up knives. If I pick up a gun, I remove the ammo from it to prevent bad guys from using it. Bad guys have no problems killing me, however. Fuck this nonsense.

That's the guy who does not do well with killing however if you know down and beat 2 guys to death you go into insane mode and can do the stage like you would in a normal Hotline Miami way. The alternative keeps you in character and attracts less attention.

• sK0pe said:

Apreche said:

Ok, so now I'm a cop attacking a Russian mafia hangout. I can't kill anyone. I can only hit guys on the head to disable them temporarily. It won't let me pick up knives. If I pick up a gun, I remove the ammo from it to prevent bad guys from using it. Bad guys have no problems killing me, however. Fuck this nonsense.

That's the guy who does not do well with killing however if you know down and beat 2 guys to death you go into insane mode and can do the stage like you would in a normal Hotline Miami way. The alternative keeps you in character and attracts less attention.

It won't let me beat guys to death other than the bouncer at the gate. I keep pressing space to get on them, but it just doesn't do anything.
  • HMTKSteve said:

Dazzle369 said:

http://kotaku.com/star-citizen-might-take-up-at-least-100gb-1691045703

Star Citizen should just be sold on it's own hard drive.

Is it an MMO? Microtransactions? Monthly fee?

At the moment it's a crowd funded MMO. I'd imagine it to transition into a subscription and all the rest when it's finally released in full.
  • That was interesting. I picked up the PSTV today to play through a bunch of PS+ Vita games.

Minecraft Vita must have been some sort of crossbuy because that was in my download list. I installed it, downloaded my old PS3 world and commenced to grabbing the easy trophies. Then I jumped into a minecart... And... Could... Not... Get... Out.

On screen it said to push down on the d-pad but... Nothing. I hope this is just some weird thing and not a regular bug.

Once I realized Minecraft could be played on this thing my view of it changed. Now I have a small system the young relations can attach themselves to when they visit.
  • Dazzle369 said:

HMTKSteve said:

Dazzle369 said:

http://kotaku.com/star-citizen-might-take-up-at-least-100gb-1691045703

Star Citizen should just be sold on it's own hard drive.

Is it an MMO? Microtransactions? Monthly fee?

At the moment it's a crowd funded MMO. I'd imagine it to transition into a subscription and all the rest when it's finally released in full.
    Well it's also an arena dog fighter, race simulator, single player campaign and fps arena shooter.
    You can do microtransactions to buy all the ships and weapons but you will only have access to them outside of the persistent universe that is shared across the world.

The network code is pretty good, I can actually play on US servers and be competitive.

They are also redesigning code to reduce the memory each ship takes up, in the next patch ships will only take up 14% of what they did before.
  • Apreche said:

sK0pe said:

Apreche said:

It won't let me beat guys to death other than the bouncer at the gate. I keep pressing space to get on them, but it just doesn't do anything.
    Ok so guys you knock down with a door or throw an item are lying normally and can get up after a while, those are the guys you beat the shit out of, once you see blood going every where, right click to stop and get your second. If it takes too long between the two you might need a third. When you go mental your arms bust out of their sleeves like the Hulk. You can now continue to grab weapons and shoot everyone if you want.

I did this stage in about 10 minutes, you can easily do the bottom floor with just melee weapons and knock downs but you can also go crazy after killing the bouncer and then the two guys in the room to the left of the lobby, just use the door for the first knock down and throw the baseball bat for the 2nd.

I'm personally enjoying the variety of play styles required by the various characters. I really like Jake with the lethal item throws.

• Chatting with Enforcers at PAX, they convinced me to buy Reassembly on Steam. It's a side-scrolling space shooter with tons of customization of ships. Haven't put time in with it yet but I just bought and installed.
  • Matt said:

Chatting with Enforcers at PAX, they convinced me to buy Reassembly on Steam. It's a side-scrolling space shooter with tons of customization of ships. Haven't put time in with it yet but I just bought and installed.

A kid at University was playing it and I really digged it.
    Not only do you customise your ship but previous ships you have constructed can form part of your fleet. Problem is I don't have the time lol.

• I bought AC4 on sale, and besides the fact that it runs like shit on literally the lowest settings (all I've got's a 3 year old thinkpad) it just made me want to start playing Mirror's Edge again.
  • Ikatono said:

I bought AC4 on sale, and besides the fact that it runs like shit on literally the lowest settings (all I've got's a 3 year old thinkpad) it just made me want to start playing Mirror's Edge again.

I'm waiting on Mirror's Edge 2.
  • sK0pe said:

Ikatono said:

I bought AC4 on sale, and besides the fact that it runs like shit on literally the lowest settings (all I've got's a 3 year old thinkpad) it just made me want to start playing Mirror's Edge again.

I'm waiting on Mirror's Edge 2.
    THIS!

• edited March 2015
    I found a nifty little rouge-like called Tallowmere. It's pretty fun.
    Post edited by Dromaro on
  • Dromaro said:

I found a nifty little rouge-like called Tallowmere. It's pretty fun.

How does it look? I'm always looking for new varieties of rouge.
  • I found some time to finish Hotline Miami 2, it didn't disappoint, there are later levels which are much more cramped, even more so than the original at times and those sections are more difficult then the open ended ones (that many people complain about).

In this game you get to be the following:
    Criminals who are fans of the original Hotline Miami character
    The head of the Russian mob's son (the guys in white).
    A henchman of the the head of the Russian mob.
    A writer who is writing about the Hotline Miami character.
    The guy who killed Hotline Miami's character's girlfriend.
    The obese guy with the snake mask who you find in Hotline Miami in one of the stages dead.
    The younger version of the bearded ginger guy who seems to be at every store in Hotline Miami but he is a badass soldier.
    A movie actor playing the lead role of the adaptation of the Hotline Miami game.

If you liked the story of the original this one is 100 times more pleasing.
    Each character's story feels important and has beginning, middle and end and their abilities make you play differently in

After playing through it I realise that the people who are getting frustrated with being shot from off screen are trying to play the game in the exact same manner as the original, because of the increased move speed of all characters you have to be more precise and larger areas benefit you (the opposite of the original).

The music gets even better as you progress.

The Hard Mode that is unlocked after finishing the game is also way fun.
  • Fractured Space.
    Capital-sized space ship combat in the vein of WarThunder and World of Tanks. Looks like it will be F2P with the option to spend money to accelerate ship unlocks and crew members.
    Is still in early development, but it's fun flying around space, warping from sector to sector, and blowing shit up in a massive flagship.
  • So not that I'm playing it, but I was watching some fatality videos from Mortal Kombat X yesterday.

Remember when Mortal Kombat came out in 1992 and everyone lost their shit because you could punch somebody's head off? It was the end of times! Kids would murder each other in the street because we would see a cartoon skeleton.

How quaint.
  • I've never played a Mortal Kombat game except for... I think the second one on the SNES. And I only played that a handful of times. I bought the new one because for some reason it caught my interest. I've been enjoying playing through it so far. The story mode is ridiculous, but its still pretty entertaining.
  • I have somehow wound up playing both of the new Pokemon free-to-play games on 3DS. Pokemon Shuffle and Pokemon Rumble World. Shuffle has the same base appeal as any other match-3 game. It is Candy Crush of the Pokemans. Rumble World is an isometric beat-em-up.

They're both mildly entertaining, and I think I'm in a place right now where I'm not doing a ton of video gaming, so it's nice to have two games where you can really only put about 10 minutes worth of progress into each of them per day. Nintendo also goes out of their way to make sure they're not overdoing it with the microtransaction stuff. I don't intend to spend any money, but if you did, and you wound up paying the full price of a game, Nintendo cuts you off. They just say "thanks for all that money!" and unlock unlimited play, rather than turning you into a "whale."

• edited April 2015
    I was playing the two Pokemon F2P games on 3DS. Then I deleted all my candyboxes on all devices.

EDIT: Except Streetpass. Fishing! Zombies!
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I was surprisingly hooked on Shuffle for a bit but it wears its welcome pretty fast.
  • Going through Dirt 3 again now that they removed all the Games for Windows Live bullshit. Still kicking ass and taking names, but now I have ALL the cars and ALL the tracks. So great. Also playing Bioshock Infinite for the first time.
  • So not that I'm playing it, but I was watching some fatality videos from Mortal Kombat X yesterday.

Remember when Mortal Kombat came out in 1992 and everyone lost their shit because you could punch somebody's head off? It was the end of times! Kids would murder each other in the street because we would see a cartoon skeleton.

How quaint.

It's now a comedy.
  • MATATAT said:

I was surprisingly hooked on Shuffle for a bit but it wears its welcome pretty fast.

I'll have to report back how long I last w/ them. I've probably been playing both for a week.

• What does "w/" mean in this context?
  • ThatGent said:

So not that I'm playing it, but I was watching some fatality videos from Mortal Kombat X yesterday.

How quaint.

It's now a comedy.
    Yes, this was exactly the thing that got me looking at the rest of them. It was a total "HOLY SHIT WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK THIS IS SO FUCKED UP WHERE'S THE REST" moment.

Kids today have it so good.

In other news, I'm still deep in Monster Hunter. Many many monsters lay dead at my feet. Still so many monsters yet to kill. Much gud to git.
  • In other news, I'm still deep in Monster Hunter. Many many monsters lay dead at my feet. Still so many monsters yet to kill. Much gud to git.

So many times lately, I've picked up 3DS in order to play some Phoenix Wright, or Xenoblade and have ended up playing a quest or two of Monster Hunter instead.

• I need to actually get into Monster Hunter, but it really doesn't want me to. I seriously had a much better time starting Dark Souls.
  • Ikatono said:

I need to actually get into Monster Hunter, but it really doesn't want me to. I seriously had a much better time starting Dark Souls.

Monster Hunter is really bad at starting up. I could try to come up with defenses for it's snail slow start, how it's making you understand the importance of gathering and mining and such before easing you into killing things, but no, it just starts slow.

And even with more tutorials and explanations in the latest game, it's really bad at explaining itself and even manages to hide away very important things like weapon tutorials.

But if it after all that still manages to take a grip on you, it won't let go.