This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• I'll quit video games for 2 month (maybe I'll play a casual flash game here and there though) and cut back on random internet browsing and media consumption.
  • GeoGeo
    edited March 2010
    I've beaten a game on the Virtual Console that is considered nearly impossible by many gamers. That game is known as Kid Chameleon. Needless to say, I'm never playing that game again because of how much I broke my back to beat that game.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • I've beaten a game on the Virtual Console that is considered nearly impossible by many gamers. That game is known as Kid Chameleon. Needless to say, I'm never playing that game again because of how much I broke my back to beat that game.
    My goal is to beat that over Spring Break now. We'll form a Nintendo Hard club.
  • I've beaten a game on the Virtual Console that is considered nearly impossible by many gamers. That game is known as Kid Chameleon. Needless to say, I'm never playing that game again because of how much I broke my back to beat that game.
    Beat Silver Surfer, or Battletoads, and I'll be impressed.
    I beat Kid Chameleon on the SEGA Genesis back in the day. You don't know what hard is.
  • GeoGeo
    edited March 2010
    I've beaten a game on the Virtual Console that is considered nearly impossible by many gamers. That game is known as Kid Chameleon. Needless to say, I'm never playing that game again because of how much I broke my back to beat that game.
    I beat Kid Chameleon on the SEGA Genesis back in the day. You don't know what hard is.
    Did you just beat it once through, or did you make sure you went through every single level and found every single shortcut to every hidden level (Elsewheres and hidden levels included)? Overall, I think it's a tiptoe ahead of Nintendo Hard.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Scott and I played the RUSE beta tonight. First off, if games are going to start using the Steam voice chat for their in-game voice, Valve needs to vastly improve their system. The codecs they use are a bit shit and the interface for the settings needs to be fixed. It picks up tons of background noise and should probably perform some sort of filtering. After being spoiled by Teamspeak 3, it's hard to even use the system.

As for the game, it really favors a defensive play style and could benefit from different modes other than pure deathmatch (land grab/capture the flag). It has some nice aspects, but you gain ruse abilities way too quickly, devaluing each one as you can pretty much just spam them at your will.
  • Did you just beat it once through, or did you make sure you went through every single level and found every single shortcut to every hidden level (Elsewheres and hidden levels included)? Overall, I think it's a tiptoe ahead of Nintendo Hard.
    I got to the ending. Much warping was used, but it was on a real Genesis.
  • Just got Dragon Age: Origins Awakening. Goodbye, life...
  • I'm playing Metro 2033. I was expecting an open world type game but this thing is set in chapters. I feel like I'm playing a shooter on rails where I'm tethered to the train rather than riding in it. Well, except for the part where I actually was in a train and shooting...
  • Playing God of War 3 today. It's good, but something about it is nagging me and I'm not sure if its the game or me (since I can't help but analyze the thing while I play.)
  • Playing God of War 3 today. It's good, but something about it is nagging me and I'm not sure if its the game or me (since I can't help but analyze the thing while I play.)
    Maybe you are amazed on how beautifully gory it can get :O
  • I bought Demon's Souls. I must hate myself or something.
    I've been watching my boyfriend play it, and the graphics are retarded awesome.
    I actually think its kind of unnecessarily gory. My main issue I think is that it feels/controls like a PS2 game, but it looks like a PS3 game.
    I actually think its kind of unnecessarily gory. My main issue I think is that it feels/controls like a PS2 game, but it looks like a PS3 game.
    They didn't change the gameplay. They went for the "If is not broken do not fix it" route ;D
  • I have being playing Final Fantasy XIII. I am glad to say that I has not consume me just yet :D
  • I have being playing Final Fantasy XIII. I am glad to say that I has not consume me just yet :D
    I have been watching my brother play it. He and I are not impressed. At this point, we really do just want 3D Final Fantasy VI...
  • I bought Demon's Souls. I must hate myself or something.
    I own it but I haven't played it yet since I don't have a PS3 so it and the strategy guide that came with it look at me whenever I play or work on my PC.
  • I have been watching my brother play it. He and I are not impressed. At this point, we really do just want 3D Final Fantasy VI...
    How far are you into it? I hate to say it, but the game does not get really interesting until you get to Chapter 3, which is 3-4 hours in.
  • I have been watching my brother play it. He and I are not impressed. At this point, we really do just want 3D Final Fantasy VI...
    How far are you into it? I hate to say it, but the game does not get really interesting until you get to Chapter 3, which is 3-4 hours in.
    That's what I've heard, I don't think he's there. He says he doesn't know what chapter he's on, so I think he's just not observant (or only on chapter 1). I know where the plot goes, though, and that's not my problem. I just honestly miss turn based fighting.
  • edited March 2010
    If you're in an area that is full of nothing but crystals, you're in Chapter 3.

Actually, does he have magic yet? If he has magic, he's in Chapter 3.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • I'm like in chapter 9 or 10 of FF13 and still do not get to choose my party members. I like a lot about that game, but the pacing is horrible.
  • I'm like in chapter 9 or 10 of FF13 and still do not get to choose my party members. I like a lot about that game, but the pacing is horrible.
    You get to do that in Chapter 9.
    I have been watching my brother play it. He and I are not impressed. At this point, we really do just want 3D Final Fantasy VI...
    I would love that :D
  • Finished God of War 3. Kind of disappointed. It's not bad, its just not as good as it should be. It doesn't seem like they've learned anything at all from the game that were released between GoW2 and now, in terms of gameplay and whatnot.

Well at least its pretty... I guess.
  • If you're in an area that is full of nothing but crystals, you're in Chapter 3.

Actually, does he have magic yet? If he has magic, he's in Chapter 3.
    Yeah, he's in Chapter 3, then.
    I have being playing Final Fantasy XIII. I am glad to say that I has not consume me just yet :D
    I would love that :D
    I think we all would, on some level. Or at least a game with a very similar battle system and world...I want to go back to the fantasy Steampunk style, like FFVI and FFIX.
  • I want to go back to the fantasy Steampunk style, like FFVI and FFIX.
    They might one day when Nomura leaves/dies.
  • I want to go back to the fantasy Steampunk style, like FFVI and FFIX.
    They might one day when Nomura leaves/dies.
    I would like to see him do it, because it would fuse the design elements of his that I do like with the improved setting. But, he never will. Unless you put him back under, like...Sakaguchi somehow...Not really possible, though.
  • I am practically beaming at the moment as 5 months of work have absolutely paid off...with no walkthrough and only a few hints here and there. I have beaten Harvest Moon (SNES) and it ended just the way I wanted it to end. I have majorly successful corn, tomato, and egg farm that has raked in a lot of money which allowed me to get the best house possible. But more importantly I have married the cute tomboyish girl of my character's dreams (named Ann). In addition to that, we have been blessed by two children (both of which are girls). I'm feeling the same way I felt when I beat Super Metriod for the first time: nothing but satisfaction.