This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• Mount and Blade Warband beta on my friend's server
  • Starcraft is a dangerous and mean game.
  • Mount and Blade Warband beta on my friend's server
    As an original-version M&B; player, my first thought was, "You're not going to be able to carry all that loot."

One day I'll get around to downloading the beta. Then I'll begin the lancings and the ride-by swordings.
  • Starcraft is a dangerous and mean game.
    It's those Koreans. You go to fortify your base, build some pylons, and suddenly "I zergling rush kekekeke wipe u out with carpet of zerg kekeke" and then you can't even see the ground as the swarm consumes you.
  • I want a game with the scope of WoW but the sophistication of Mass Effect and the run-and-gun mouse-and-keyboard dynamic of Abuse but in third person. Am I asking too much?
  • I want a game with the scope of WoW but the sophistication of Mass Effect and the run-and-gun mouse-and-keyboard dynamic of Abuse but in third person. Am I asking too much?
    Yes. That game maybe an MMO worth of Scrym's time and clearly it would also be a sign of the end times.

I'd be happy with more random side missions in Mass Effect 2. The character driven quests are good, but the rest are lack luster.
  • edited February 2010
    I want a game with the scope of WoW but the sophistication of Mass Effect and the run-and-gun mouse-and-keyboard dynamic of Abuse but in third person. Am I asking too much?
    Yes. That game maybe an MMO worth of Scrym's time and clearly it would also be a sign of the end times.
    The Old Republic is pretty fucking close to the forumla.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Bioshock 2.

I don't think I've played any other FPS with an attack as thoroughly useful and satisfying as the Drill Charge.
  • After finishing Modern Warfare 2 single player, taking a break from the PS3 to focus on some older games I haven't gotten around to yet. First up is Eternal Darkness on Gamecube. The good: Insanity effects are a lot of fun to experience. It would awesome to see horror games these days do more of this kind of thing. The bad: Everything else? I dunno, only 1/3 of the way through so the story doesn't make a lot of sense yet. The graphics are obviously outdated, but even then, RE0 and the RE remake for Gamecube came out the same time but both look significantly better. The controls are horrible. The save system is old enough that it is easy to forget to use it at all. But regardless of those issues, they're not enough to make me stop playing. The game has a lot of good ideas, and if the combat system was just better, it would actually be a lot of fun.
  • The Old Republic is pretty fucking close to the forumla.
    WANT.
  • Ace Attorney Investigations is everything I could've asked for in a new Ace Attorney game, and much more. It makes up for Apollo Justice's mediocrity so, so much.
    It is probably almost everything I hope for in an Ace Attorney game, but inevitably lacking the Phoenix/Edgeworth make-out scene that I keep my fingers crossed for.
    Seriously, though, I've heard Phoenix does not show up at all. That is kind of a bummer, because I always look forward to their comic bickering. I wonder how angsty Edgeworth is in this one.
  • Yeah, I'm so stoked for The Old Republic.
  • Seriously, though, I've heard Phoenix does not show up at all. That is kind of a bummer, because I always look forward to their comic bickering. I wonder how angsty Edgeworth is in this one.
    Actually... (minor spoilers)

This game is so full of cameos and callbacks to the previous games. It's a given that in every case you'll run into someone from one of the other games or see something that references an old case. Most of them are minor- like the one in that screenshot- and are just there for the fans to pick up on, but it's still great.

Edgeworth isn't very angsty, save for getting all "..." whenever von Karma gets brought up. I've only played up to case 3, though, so I don't know if he does get angsty or not. But from what I understand this takes place after Trials and Tribulations, so he's mostly gotten over his broody angstiness.
  • I just realised that the Bioshock games are just first person dungeon crawlers.
    Psychic enemies who's only improvement as the game progresses are increased stats, spell and upgrade selection taking precedent over manoeuvring and tactical thinking, bosses which just do the same thing as basic enemies, just with more health..
  • edited February 2010
    Is it worth getting Left 4 Dead 2 at full price at this late point? It's Steam so I can't get it second hand and it doesn't look like they'll drop the price any time soon (L4D1 is still only £5 less than 2.). Are people still playing?
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Is it worth getting Left 4 Dead 2 at full price at this late point? It's Steam so I can't get it second hand and it doesn't look like they'll drop the price any time soon (L4D1 is still only £5 less than 2.). Are people still playing?
    There's plenty of people playing, but I'm not one of them. I would wait for a special occasion for the price to go down.There were times when the price of L4D1 was discounted up to 75%. Eventually they will do the same with L4D2.
  • edited February 2010
    Well, in a game where your team can fuck you over, I'm going to need to find some people in my time zone to play with (Which is why we need something to replace dedicated servers for finding groups who don't suck.).

Probably leave off it, maybe try reading a book.
  • Currently playing Dawn of Discovery and it's alright.
  • Robot Unicorn Attack.
  • edited February 2010
    Hmm.. I've been needing a game to play this weekend and suddenly, I find Serious Sam HD is half price.

And, right on cue, the Steam servers are on the fritz.

Addition: Isn't it great that I can actually conceive of complaining about not being able to buy a game at 4:56 in the morning.
  • edited February 2010
    Serious Sam HD is pretty terrible. This seems to be mostly due to them using very different level design, focussing more on small enclosed spaces and laying on the kleer skeletons (Fast moving melee attackers.) really thick.
    Instead of getting a crowd of goons in an open area for frantic strafing action, you walk into small rooms and have enemies spawn on all sides of you.

I am disappoint.
  • Serious Sam HD is pretty terrible. This seems to be mostly due to them using very different level design, focussing more on small enclosed spaces and laying on the kleer skeletons (Fast moving melee attackers.) really thick.
    Instead of getting a crowd of goons in an open area for frantic strafing action, you walk into small rooms and have enemies spawn on all sides of you.

I am disappoint.
    You should have asked first. I could have told you. I was also in the mood for a hose-em-down run and gun fps, like Serious Sam. I tried the Serious Sam HD demo awhile back, and had the same exact complaint. You basically move from one enclosed space to another, and barely move while shooting distinct waves of enemies. Not so great.

L4D and L4D2 provide some of the Serious Sam style fun, because there are tons of enemies, but the game is balanced such that you are trying to escape or survive. It also doesn't have the same kind of weaponry as Sam, where you are actually expected to be able to hose them all down.

Someone should make a L4D(2) mod where you have to kill all zombies to go to the next area.
  • Urgh, it goes from one polar opposite to another. I went down to easy difficulty and it seems that once you clear the first area and get the rocket launcher, you have more health and ammo than you could possibly use. I'm going to see if I can chapter select and then put it back up to medium.

As bad as this started, I can't keep from smiling when you get back into the wide open spaces and see yourself surrounded with nothing but quad barrel reciprocating laser and repeat rocket launcher to defend yourself.
  • As bad as this started, I can't keep from smiling when you get back into the wide open spaces and see yourself surrounded with nothing but quad barrel reciprocating laser and repeat rocket launcher to defend yourself.
    If the whole game was like that, I would have bought it.
  • I have just about finished Ace Attorney Investigations and all I can say is I am extremely pleased. Not only is this the first game in the series to make each of the cases deeply interconnected, but the villain behind it all is incredibly imposing (think Manfred von Karma). Taking this one down is going to be so very satisfying, I just know it.

Also, Mega Man 10.
  • Started playing Heavy Rain a couple days ago. Not far enough in to get a grasp on what the story is doing, but I actually do appreciate the control scheme and the sheer amount of dumb things you can do (brushing teeth and shaving in a game FTW!)
  • but I actually do appreciate the control scheme and the sheer amount of dumb things you can do
    Every game I ever play, I try to use the toilet. If there is poop in the toilet, I try to shoot it (if shooting can happen in the game).

Most games at least flush the toilet.
    In cs_militia, the poop explodes, injuring you. I somehow feel that I expected this when I shot it.

Fallout 3... When my avatar bent over and took a drink (radding me at that), I physically gagged.
  • Every game I ever play, I try to use the toilet. If there is poop in the toilet, I try to shoot it (if shooting can happen in the game).

Most games at least flush the toilet.
    Heavy Rain lets you use it and then flush it.
  • Heavy Rain lets you use itand thenflush it.
    What if I don't want to flush it? Will my poop persist?
  • edited March 2010
    What if I don't want to flush it? Will my poop persist?
    You leave the bathroom and later, someone should shout "Who didn't flush the toilet?". Truly, next generation immersive gameplay.