This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• Counter Strike has finally got me. For like the first time ever, I have started plaing serious amounts of it. Lucky I started when all the mac nubs did, right now I have a 1.5:1 kill ratio.
  • edited July 2010
    I assume you mean the second and final turret sequence (Control room is the first and then there's prison cells.). The main tip is to defend as small an area as possible so you can pick up turrets quickly and the turrets will instantly alert you to enemy presence.

I'll just mock mine up in Garry's Mod and post screenshots.

Update: Screenshots. I had to come up with this in a hurry but it worked pretty well. Left turret (Pic 5.) was focused on the main entrance you come in by to keep them off my back. Middle turret (Pic 4.) handled most people trying to come in from the other main corridor. Right turret (Pic 3. I added the green light.) was covering both the end (Not that important as that was usually where I was pointing.) and the near corridor from the other side to make sure no-one sneaked through there.

If you're not going with Apreche's trick, clear the big crates, they block quite a bit of your turrets' vision.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Update:Screenshots.
    I don't remember the game looking this good. Is it just from running the episode 2 engine with gmod?
  • Nova Prospect is lots of mood lighting and fancy shadows so the newer engine really helps. The city sections, especially when there's people around, really show the age of it.
  • There is one special turret sequence, you know the one. During this, you should "cheat." If you position some crates, there is an elevated alcove you can reach. It is completely safe up there. You have to place the final turret and then jump up there before enemies arrive. You can then win leisurely.
    You can also bring one of the turrets from the previous sequence there. Four turrets are far superior to three turrets.
  • Takes about 15 to 20 turrets to take down an ant-lion guardian before it gets close enough to attack.
  • Takes about 15 to 20 turrets to take down an ant-lion guardian before it gets close enough to attack.
    I did that once I think I had like 18 turrets. How's the repeatability of this experiment? Do you have an average and a standard deviation for us?

LET US DO SCIENCE TO THIS.
  • You can also bring one of the turrets from the previous sequence there. Four turrets are far superior to three turrets.
    It didn't actually occur to me that people wouldn't do this.
  • edited July 2010
    @Grey: I lined them up in the bunker in construct then placed a marine some ways infront of the bunker so the ALG would lock onto and be going full tilt by the time it came into range of the turrets. From there, you'd just have to repeat while removing one turret at a time.

That said, you can just look at the damage and health stats.

I'll try it some time with four turrets though it's not like I need them any more. The first time I did this I didn't know about the second section.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • It didn't actually occur to me that people wouldn't do this.
    I didn't the first three times. It just might not occur to some people.
  • Just finished Psychonauts. It was phenomenal. Everybody play it that hasn't already.
  • Boat ride over. Now I have the gravity gun. I can't believe the game strung me out for that long before letting me have so much fun.
  • Been playing a lot of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 lately. Rocking the house with my Gambit/Captain America/Cyclops Combo. (Also using Venom and Iron Man). So cheapy teams and tactics, but still lots of good matches all around. But then again, I'm playing just Player Matches, not Ranked Matches.
  • I picked up a bunch of $20 360 games recently and I have just gotten around to playing them.

At the moment I'm just scratching the surface of Fable 2. It's fun but I keep running into problems where I want to shoot my crossbow but the top of the screen lists an NPC and Y brings up their info rather than shoots the weapon.
  • I'm at the point where I'm not really sure what to play.
    The answer is Spelunky.
  • edited July 2010
    Im going through Fallout 3 at the moment. Hopefully I dont get that urge to start over because I felt I screwed up somewhere.

Honestly I have alot of RPG games that I never finished. During this summer while on the road I am going to finish Mass Effect and Dragon Age
    Post edited by Bigred0427 on
  • Has anyone bought DeathSpank for the 360? The demo is amazing and it's made by Ron Gilbert
  • Has anyone bought DeathSpank for the 360? The demo is amazing and it's made by Ron Gilbert
    I plan to eventually. The demo sold me on it.
    I bought it yesterday morning via the marketplace @ xbox.com and then totally spaced on turning on the 360 before I left for work so it could download. Came home last night and left the 360 running after I went to bed so it could finish, so I'll have more to report in the evening after I've played some of it.
  • then totally spaced on turning on the 360 before I left for work so it could download.
    I think you can change your console setting to download games when your 360 is off.
  • then totally spaced on turning on the 360 before I left for work so it could download.
    I think you can change your console setting to download games when your 360 is off.
    It looks like you can, which is surprising to me. I'll have to make sure I enable that.
    Linkage.
  • I think you can change your console setting to download games when your 360 is off.
    You can set it to download in the background after you've turned it off (which mine is), but it has to be powered up to pick up on the download in the first place. I did my purchase on the web instead of through the 360's dashboard, so the 360 wasn't turned on to recognize that there were items in my queue to be downloaded when the purchase was completed.
  • edited July 2010
    I just realized the Castlevania (The Dracula X Chronicles) game I have been playing in the PSP GO is a remake of the SNES Rondo of Blood Castlevania. Pretty cool, I also get to play the original version on the PSP, since I got some mysterious item on the game that allows me to do that. I love those kind of little in-game surprises. Still fighting my urge to pre-order NS2, and to get Half-Life 2 on steam and play it again legally this time around, since I couldn't finish the game because of some weird bug (probably against piracy).
    There is just too much damn stuff going on, and It's the first time I have money to basically buy every single game I want.
    Post edited by sucrilhos on
  • I'm currently playing "Watch Kate get frustrated with The Fade section of the Mage tower" section of Dragon age.
    I've also noticed that the jump in difficulty from "Easy" to "Normal" in the game is a big one, and watching Kate waltz through parts of the game that had my party dead numerous times is putting me in a huff.
  • I hate the Fade as well. Such an obnoxious section.
    I always play on Casual, because I'm too lazy to actually develop strategies for that game. Whenever I play on Normal I get my butt handed to me.
  • I hate the Fade as well.
    This is where I lost interest.
  • The one complaint I have about Dragon Age is that it really does drag at times. Orzimmar just seemed to last forever. I like exploring a world, but at some point, I just want to move on.

The other complaint that I have is that I couldn't set everyone on fire. Fuck everyone in that game.
  • The one complaint I have about Dragon Age is that it really does drag at times. Orzimmar just seemed to last forever. I like exploring a world, but at some point, I just want to move on.

The other complaint that I have is that I couldn't set everyone on fire. Fuck everyone in that game.
    To be fair, the mages had a tough time lighting my team on fire because I always cranked up their magic resistance. My mages did a fine job lighting shit on fire, or better, turning people to stone so I could shatter them.
  • There's a rap song in there somewhere.

I roll on up with my mages strong..
  • Okay, I'm progressing nicely with Half Life 2, but I'm getting a bit underwhelmed. I wish there was a super-hard mode, where for each chapter you get full health, and then there is no way to top-up your health for the entire rest of the chapter.

I like killing bad guys and aliens without losing any health. That means that if I kill everyone in a certain area, and have lost more than ten health, I reload and do it again until I come through with 90+ health. I do this because I like to imagine there might not be any more health packs close by.

But you know what? There are health packs EVERYWHERE!

My problem has come with the "flooring it" option when I got to the buggy. I decided to just blast through, and not bother with this usual tactic. It turns out I can kill any number of enemies, trivially, and not die. I'll be down to 10% health, but no worries, as there's a handy batch of health packs ready and waiting on a table in a building next door. For the sake of just getting the fucking driving fucking over and done with, this is what I did. It turns out that even taking down one of the aircraft with rocket launchers is a piece of piss when you just stand out in the open, get blasted, but top up on health packs when needed.

That said, I am quite enjoying the game overall. I enjoyed dropping containers on soldiers with the magnetic crane. Also, in Half Life 1, I never picked up the crossbow. Now I see how handy that would have been.